Soon to be Mrs. V
Expert April 2016

Wedding Day Nails

Soon to be Mrs. V, on February 6, 2016 at 2:24 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 47
Saved Save

Before I became a SAHM, I was a manicurist for 12 years. Although I've always pictured myself having a classic French mani for my wedding day, I love crazy/funky nails and now I'm having second thoughts. What are your nail inspirations? I'm leaning towards all white or a nudish/pinkish color. I love "different" nails but have always wanted to keep it classy for pictures because I don't want my grandkids to hate my manicure when they look at my wedding pics. Lol

47 Comments

• Mrs. B
    Master October 2015
    Mrs. B ·
    • Flag

These were my nails on my big day, I loved them!! I wanted a more natural look with a twist. Smiley smile

• Soon to be Mrs. V
    Expert April 2016
    Soon to be Mrs. V ·
    • Flag

Those were so pretty! You have great nail beds

• Sarah H.
    Master September 2016
    Sarah H. ·
    • Flag

For my sister's wedding: Hers in light pink on the left and my cream colored French manicure on the right.

• Melissa53
    Super April 2017
    Melissa53 ·
    • Flag

I'm doing French manicure tips with a silver sparkly line in between the white and the pink

• amytherese
    Super July 2016
    amytherese ·
    • Flag

I want something like this.

• Jenny92
    VIP May 2017
    Jenny92 ·
    • Flag

I'm debating between doing French tip or having them fuschia since my wedding color is fuschia, I'm not sure how that would look though. Thoughts?

• Amanda J.
    Master March 2016
    Amanda J. ·
    • Flag

Following. I cannot find the right color. I have a family friend at nail salon and will see what he suggests. I love the look @Amytherese posted.

• TAC
    Dedicated May 2016
    TAC ·
    • Flag

I do OPI "bubble bath" gel manicure - it's typically the color they put on the nail with a French manicure - but instead of the white, I just do an extra coat of Bubble Bath - it's neutral with just a pinkish hint - it looks natural but still polished!

• Mikayla
    VIP September 2016
    Mikayla ·
    • Flag

No french tip for me, I feel like you can't even see it unless you're looking directly at someone's nails. I'll probably do something like this or maybe with pink.

• Jacqui76
    Master May 2016
    Jacqui76 ·
    • Flag

I've never had a french manicure before but I'm either doing that or something very neutral. I was originally planning to wear coral nail polish, but when I got my manicure before my engagement pics my manicurist suggested that they should be a light neutral color so that the ring is the star of the pictures, not the nails. I thought she made a good point.

• Tori
    Super April 2017
    Tori ·
    • Flag

I am obsessed with nail polish, I am planning on wearing a peach color. (All 1 color)

• Soon to be Mrs. V
    Expert April 2016
    Soon to be Mrs. V ·
    • Flag

I love all your ideas/colors. @jennifer my flowers are hot pink and fuchsia and that's crossed my mind. I think that will look so pretty! @amytheresr I loooove that

• annakay511
    Master July 2015
    annakay511 ·
    • Flag

I vote classic! I had a French mani.

• Kristy
    Master November 2015
    Kristy ·
    • Flag

I was thinking of doing something different but when back to the classic french mani... I love it

• c_h_a_r
    Expert August 2016
    c_h_a_r ·
    • Flag

This is what has caught my eye

• Glam0rous
    VIP June 2016
    Glam0rous ·
    • Flag

I just want something really subtle. Like a nude or very subtle pink Smiley smile

• APerfectCatch
    Devoted December 2016
    APerfectCatch ·
    • Flag

@Jennifer D- what about a French with a line of fuschia?

• Kimi
    Master August 2016
    Kimi ·
    • Flag

I have never liked french manicures. I am opted for Jamberry nail wraps in two layers. The bottom will be plum (our color) and the top will be a gold scroll (our accent color). I was going to just do the gold until we laid them on top of each other. FH really likes the way it looks. Oh, and one nail will be an accent nail - the baseball design (as I have a few baseball accents in the wedding for me).

• Amy
    Super September 2015
    Amy ·
    • Flag

As much as I like the fancy sparkles and stuff, I wanted a classic French manicure for my wedding.

These are my nails; had the same on my toes.

• MNA
    Master April 2018
    MNA ·
    • Flag

I will probably do a French mani and I may add some white rose stamping up near the top of the nail beds. I've been playing with ideas here recently, but I may add some white iridescent glitter to the white of the French tip.

I definitely don't want anything too bright, because I don't want it to be the first thing you see in photos.

Comment on this discussion