Coco
Devoted May 2017

Wedding colours

Coco, on January 7, 2016 at 1:51 AM Posted in Style and Décor 0 14
Saved Save

We are having a very hard time picking colours! My favourite colour is yellow and his is red. That's like ketchup and mustard, die hard redskins fans. It just isn't right. We thought maybe about Orange since it is red and yellow together but we would still need one other colour. We can't think of one to go with orange though (like a light misty orange). I was thinking maybe a mint?

14 Comments

• Formal Pajamas
    Master September 2017
    Formal Pajamas ·
    • Flag

You could do Marsala and gold (and navy?)

Primary colors can look weird together, but if you tweak the shades they can be super nice

• MauiWowie
    VIP April 2016
    MauiWowie ·
    • Flag

Green. Jamaica!

• Formal Pajamas
    Master September 2017
    Formal Pajamas ·
    • Flag

Because I've been binging color palettes.

• Coco
    Devoted May 2017
    Coco ·
    • Flag

Well we wanted to keep this sweet orange colour. And I think I like the marsala colour with it.

I was also thinking about green, Zoe! I just wouldn't know what shade

• Coco
    Devoted May 2017
    Coco ·
    • Flag

That looks stunning!!

• Jennifer
    Dedicated March 2016
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

Orange is so fun! We're doing accents of orange, with celadon green and navy blue as our main colors. With the ivory tablecloths and the light blue walls of the reception room, I think it's going to look pretty darn classy!

Misty orange and mint is a good combo, very pastel and good for a May wedding I think. You could always do a brighter orange (like the flower in my picture), and pair it with a darker hue. Picking wedding colors is so fun Smiley laugh

I had fun looking at color palettes, and was able to find a lot of inspiration just googling "wedding color palettes".

For example, I just found this website showing summer wedding colors, with orange as the main attraction. It's good to get some "real world" examples to see how the colors work together: https://www.weddingpaperdivas.com/wedding-colors/summer.htm

Yay, how fun Smiley laugh

• Formal Pajamas
    Master September 2017
    Formal Pajamas ·
    • Flag

Orange and teal? ALL THE PALETTES.

• Coco
    Devoted May 2017
    Coco ·
    • Flag

What life savers you are ladies! I love these colour mixes! I like the Orange and teal a lot. It is a very earthy, rustic tone which I love.

I like Orange and mint too because how soft it is. And I feel like it represents our personalities very well. As we are very soft and gentle but colourful people.

• Coco
    Devoted May 2017
    Coco ·
    • Flag

Bryce I didn't realize you were a May sister! We get married in the same month!!

• Formal Pajamas
    Master September 2017
    Formal Pajamas ·
    • Flag

My date is super tentative, but may is my dream month!

• Waychox3
    Master September 2016
    Waychox3 ·
    • Flag

There is this one...

• Waychox3
    Master September 2016
    Waychox3 ·
    • Flag

Or this one...

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·
    • Flag

I love all the inspiration posts people have given, I just have to say don't be afraid of too much color. I had a ton of bright colors and loved it and I'm still getting compliments 6 months later on how vivid and happy everything looked. So I actually don't think red and yellow look bad, and hey if you want to do orange, don't be afraid to add another fun color with it. Personally I love the fruit look with oranges, lemons, and limes.

First pic is to show how we weren't afraid of color, second picture shows the oranges/lemons/limes citrus decor.

• Coco
    Devoted May 2017
    Coco ·
    • Flag

Now that I see the red and yellow together, it doesn't quite scare me! I think I just need to pick the right shades.

Comment on this discussion