Macy
Beginner October 2019

Wedding Colors

Macy, on November 29, 2018 at 11:22 AM Posted in Planning 0 11
Saved Save
I need suggestions on February wedding colors. Is Feb still considered Winter and could I do deep colors?

11 Comments

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I think so! Especially with reds & valentine's day. It is still considered winter!

• Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·
    • Flag

Hi Macy! Welcome to WeddingWire! I'd love to help you come up with some wedding color ideas! You can absolutely still use deep colors in February! Personally, my favorite February color pallete is dark plum, light purple, navy blue, with metallics and greenery! These colors look amazing together and make for gorgeous photos! Here are a few photos for inspiraiton:

Wedding Colors 1

Wedding Colors 2

Are there any colors you are leaning toward? I'd love to help you think of some accent colors!

• Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag

February is definitely winter, I think deep colors would look great! If you wanted it to have a wintery-feel, I love the look of navy blue and light, icy blue together. You could also do burgundy or a deep red if you wanted it to be more Valentines-day-themed!

Wedding Colors 3Wedding Colors 4
  • Melissa
    VIP October 2018
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

You can do whatever colors your heart desires! I think those colors would look gorgeous!

It's your wedding - go with what makes you HAPPY Smiley smile I always think it's way more important to make yourself happy and coordinate with the venue's decorations rather than the seasons!

• Macy
    Beginner October 2019
    Macy ·
    • Flag
    I really like the navy and marron/burgundy color with maybe some gold, but I don’t think my fiancé likes the maroon/burgundy. He is leaning more towards a forest or hunter green.
  • Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I forgot to tell you about one of my other favorite wedding color combinations! Hunter green, white, and gold!

Wedding Colors 5

Wedding Colors 6

Wedding Colors 7

• Macy
    Beginner October 2019
    Macy ·
    • Flag
    I love it!! I will show him tonight and see what he thinks. What color would you suggest for bridesmaids and groomsmen?
  • Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yay!! I am so glad! And I think that they can all wear navy blue! Bridesmaids and groomsmen do not always need to match your wedding decor color scheme, and sometimes can wear a neutral color like navy or charcoal!! Smiley kiss

• V
    Super April 2019
    Valerie ·
    • Flag

I'm going to go against the grain in the sense where I really don't think the season should affect your colors in the slightest. I honestly think it is more weird when people use the seasons to plan colors. Do whatever colors you want - no matter the time of year.

• Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura ·
    • Flag

It's definitely still winter. Red, plums, burgundy, any deep colors with a red hue would be beautiful

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Macy, what about a compromise: your colors and his? Burgundy/gold + forest green are GORGEOUS together. Such a decadent look:

Wedding Colors 8

Comment on this discussion