K
Beginner October 2020

Wedding colors!

kaley, on October 25, 2018 at 8:22 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 14
Saved Save
I need help!!!! I can't settle on wedding colors we were going to do eggplant and orange but I just feel like the orange is so much and I just dont know what I want... My wedding dress I wanted was discontinued and I've been a mess help please! Our wedding is in the fall .

14 Comments

• Kenisha
    Champion June 2019
    Kenisha ·

Hey Kaley! Congrats on your engagement! I don't think that that's too much. But if you think orange is too much, what other color were you thinking for your October wedding? Did you want to stick with the eggplant or were you thinking of changing that too?

• Kenisha
    Champion June 2019
    Kenisha ·

Here's a few photos for inspo!

th?id=OIP.euLreIqwRaNtFqcIKl02kQHaEe&w=3th?id=OIP.4isc_Oq8ioy3nJy3LKJ9HQHaFj&w=2th?id=OIP.nrwyo8-Bu8uLKPgxf-W6WAHaFj&w=2

• K
    Beginner October 2020
    kaley ·
    Thank you so much!

• Kenisha
    Champion June 2019
    Kenisha ·
    View Quoted Comment

You're welcome Kaley. Did you like that color combination?

• Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·

Hi Kaley! I am sorry you are stressed. We are here to help!

Eggplant is a lovely color, especially for your October wedding day! Are you looking to keep the eggplant color? And looking for accent colors?

If so, you could consider pairing egg with silver, grey tones, and greenery in your florals too! Something neutral and cool to offset the deep, rich eggplant shade would be beautiful.

I am sorry to hear about the wedding dress you were interested in being discontinued.

When will you go dress shopping? Going in with an open-mind, perhaps you can find something in a similar silhouette or style to try on!

• K
    Beginner October 2020
    kaley ·
    I'd like to keep eggplant and im not sure what I'm gonna do about my dress I have no clue what I want anymore
  • Peggy
    Master November 2019
    Peggy ·
    One of my friends did dark purple and orange in the fall and it looked amazing. I’d send a pic but she doesn’t have any posted on social media.
  • Kenzie
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Kenzie ·

Hi Kaley! First of all, congrats!! Secondly, I am a big big fan of the eggplant color. The pictures above with the eggplant dress and the mix of orange flowers are gorgeous and perfect for the fall. If your bridesmaids are all different skin tones, that color will best suit everyone.
    Ive worn orange for a wedding I was in and since Im so pale it didn't look that great on me. Its your big day so the color choice is ultimately up to you, but you should still make sure that your girls feel comfortable in what they are wearing too!

• K
    Beginner October 2020
    kaley ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Loved it!!
  • Melissa O'
    Devoted April 2019
    Melissa O' ·
    Try coral instead of orange. My kids are using it with burgandy and blue for the mens' suits

Wedding colors! 1
  • Across The Stars
    Devoted October 2019
    Across The Stars ·
    I'm having a fall wedding with orange as my primary color and fall neutrals as accent. These have been my inspo pics.

Wedding colors! 2

Wedding colors! 3

Wedding colors! 4

Wedding colors! 5

Wedding colors! 6
  • K
    Beginner October 2020
    kaley ·
    Love thank you everyone!!
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·

Kaley,

What colors are in your venue? It can help to work with what's already there, unless it's a blank canvas then it's totally up to your creativity.

We did a bit of orange with a lot of brown and gold shades. We wanted a more earthy look (and authentic pirate feel). Eggplant would have mixed in well. Maybe use a neutral (greenery, white or gold) then just sparingly use eggplant and orange? Anyhoo, here's our orange/gold/brown color palette which could work for a non-pirate wedding too!

our wedding board: orange, gold, brownWedding colors! 7

• K
    Beginner October 2020
    kaley ·
    We are getting married at the buckeye barn in piqua Ohio! It's almost like a rustic, vintage wedding. I found these flowers that I think I'm going to use but I'm not sure what color for the guys or bridesmaids to wear. I still like the idea of the girls in eggplant but I'm not sure

Wedding colors! 8

Comment on this discussion