Stephanie
Savvy September 2019

Wedding Ceremony Music

Stephanie, on March 9, 2019 at 9:14 PM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 11
Saved Save
Trying to decide what songs to play for our wedding Ceremony. We are having our Ceremony outdoors and I was told the Ceremony last about 20 minutes. I'm not even sure how many songs I need. I'm thinking one or two while guests are being seated, one for wedding party and flower girls, one for bridal entrance and one for Recessional. What songs did you guys use? I don't want the traditional " Here comes the bride". I do like both instrumental And songs with the lyrics.

11 Comments

• Peggy
    Master November 2019
    Peggy Online ·
    Usually the musicians/dj just play a mix for 15-30 minutes while guests are being seated. Then a song for the processional of parents and wedding party. A song for you to walk to. Optional unity ceremony song. Recessional. Optional 1-2 postlude pieces as guests are exiting. I am hiring a violinist and guitar player and using these songs: Bless the Broken Road, Make You Feel My Love, all I Ask of You., can’t take My Eyes Off You.
  • Kristin
    Dedicated July 2019
    Kristin ·
    I will be having music as guests are being seated, I haven’t decided on what song to have my wedding party walk to, but I will be having This Is It playing as I walk! It has such a beautiful story to it and gives me chills every time I hear it
  • Super September 2019
    Online ·
    I'm so excited my FH and I decided tonight that our mothers and wedding party will walk in to A thousand years piano/cello version, I'm walking with my father to Etta James At last, and recessional for us and wedding party crazy little thing called love Dwight Yoakum version. I think we are letting our DJ decide on music while guests are walking in and sitting down.
  • K
    Savvy August 2019
    ·
    We are doing no music for when the guests are arriving! There will be the same music for when the parents/grandparents and the bridal party are walking down and different music for when I walk down. The person marrying us will speak for a little bit. we will play another song and he will speak, we will day our vows. Maybe have another song and then kiss and have the first song or instrumental music played as we walk out!
  • Stephanie
    Savvy September 2019
    Stephanie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!
  • Stephanie
    Savvy September 2019
    Stephanie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you for the input!
  • Stephanie
    Savvy September 2019
    Stephanie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Great songs! Thank you!
  • Stephanie
    Savvy September 2019
    Stephanie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Beautiful, I love that song!
  • Grace
    Super May 2019
    Grace ·

Here are the songs I'm using

(20-30 minute set of songs for while guests are coming in, too long to list on here haha!)

Bridal Party - Canon in D

Bride - Perfect (Wedding version)

After given away - Love Remains (vocalist)

Recessional - You've Got a Friend in Me

I still need to figure out the song the parents are walking down the aisle to.

• Stephanie
    Savvy September 2019
    Stephanie ·
    Thank you!
  • Katelyn
    Dedicated September 2019
    Katelyn ·
    View Quoted Comment

I love that song! It is so beautiful. Im getting married in the North Carolina Mountains so i considered this song too

Comment on this discussion