Queen Adagio
Dedicated September 2017

Wedding cape???

Queen Adagio, on November 10, 2015 at 12:29 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 17
Saved Save

I just got engaged.! yay!!!! Im doing a little planning here and there. My only big concern is me not having a cape for my wedding. I like the ones i have in the picture, but a girl likes variety... Do you ladies know of any other options???

17 Comments

• Kelly
    Expert April 2016
    Kelly ·

There are a ton of options on Etsy. So many cute styles to choose from.

• Fiona
    Master December 2015
    Fiona ·

Once I get paid on Friday I'm probably going to order this one.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/212063973/bridal-cape-37-inch-medium-length-cape?ref=related-7

• Queen Adagio
    Dedicated September 2017
    Queen Adagio ·

Oh wow faith, thats so pretty!!! Thank you!!! I will search on etsy

• Fiona
    Master December 2015
    Fiona ·

No problem! That particular vendor has lots of gorgeous options too, for short and long capes.

• Christina
    Master October 2017
    Christina ·

Congratulations on your engagement @Kenisha! And welcome to WeddingWire

I love the scalloped version of the cape ~ it's beautiful! Where are you getting married??

• Queen Adagio
    Dedicated September 2017
    Queen Adagio ·

Thank you christina!! The scalloped one is my favorite as well. I still dont know where we're getting married. Greenville sc, our hometown; asheville nc, our fav vacation spot or Charleston, sc where my fiance was born. So many choices!!

• Beth
    Master May 2015
    Beth ·

I did not know wedding capes were a thing until right now...

• OG Kristen
    Master October 2015
    OG Kristen ·

I'm with you Beth. Totally didn't even know this was a thing.

• Stephie
    VIP May 2016
    Stephie ·

Why would you need a wedding cape? Is it to keep you warm? I live down south, and we don't wear capes around here, except if you're a superhero that is.

• Emmy
    Master January 2015
    Emmy ·

Is this new?

• Queen Adagio
    Dedicated September 2017
    Queen Adagio ·

@stephie im down south, the wedding is december 31st so it will be cold, and i like the style.

• N
    Master November 2015
    NenaBear ·

This is new to me.. though FL isn't really considered part of the south and it will likely be 80 when we get married in a couple of weeks. Definitely a different look and an interesting way to stay warm.

• Elizabeth
    Master December 2016
    Elizabeth ·

@Stephie and others wondering, winter brides in colder climates generally wear a white cape, white bolero, or white coat for outdoor photos. It does keep you warm(er), but it also gives the snow queen bride/winter wonderland feel. Photos attached.

• Elizabeth
    Master December 2016
    Elizabeth ·

They even have little capes for winter wedding flower girls.

• N
    Master November 2015
    NenaBear ·

Ohhh... Those are for the people who live where the white stuff falls from the sky. Gotcha. lol

• H
    Super February 2017
    Honey Badger ·

I've never heard of wedding capes...do you wear a veil with it or skip it? I like the look of it!! Lol @stephie ETA - congrats on your engagement OP

• Barbara
    Master September 2014
    Barbara ·

What about a gown with a watteau train? I think there were a lot of dresses at this past bridal week that had them, so maybe they're making a comeback?

Comment on this discussion