Jessica
Devoted April 2012

Wedding cakes* I wanna see pics!

Jessica, on July 20, 2011 at 11:04 PM Posted in Planning 0 46
Saved Save

FH and I are going to go cake testing in a few weeks. We have no idea what style we are looking for. We're thinking about chocolate, white, and possibly marble. I would like to add daisies on a few different tiers but I'll be going to the cake testing blind. I'd love to see what your cake looks like!

46 Comments

• Elizabeth
    Devoted July 2011
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

I was VERY satisfied with my bakers! Dream Day Bakery, Gainesville, FL. Chocolate and caramel, and vanilla and creme brulee.

• Kate
    Expert October 2011
    Kate ·
    • Flag

This is my cake one tier is Chocolate with cheese cake filling 2nd tier is banana nut with fresh bananas for filling third tier is chocolate with chocolate mosse filling and last tier is Marble with strawberry filling... YUM!

• Dena&JD
    Master April 2012
    Dena&JD ·
    • Flag

Here's mine one tier nutella with crushed hazelnut, vanilla with almonds, and chocolate filled with raspberry jam

• Kathryn
    Super September 2011
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag

My fiance and I wanted to go with something completely crazy and different, since the whole wedding is going to be traditional. The balls on this cake are actually going to be green. We will also have penguin cake toppers.

• Tylar
    Devoted October 2011
    Tylar ·
    • Flag

Bottom layer is Red Velvet with Irish Cream filling, 2nd: Chocolate with mousse

Top: Then Pumpkin spike with carmel drizzle

• FMC
    Master June 2012
    FMC ·
    • Flag

Dena..LOVE your cake, almost went with that one. Instead we went with this! It will have a red peony instead of the flower in the picture. It will be ivory buttercream. One layer of white chocolate with raspberry filling, 2nd layer with be lemon filling and third will be strawberry filling with whipped cream.

Oh and the edible pearls..we won't be doing a topper because I feel it would take away from the cake.

• *Peacock*TheWifey
    VIP August 2011
    *Peacock*TheWifey ·
    • Flag

This is my cake except it will be 4 tiers. It will be flavored French Vanilla, Lemon Raspberry, and Orange Creamsicle!!! MMM! I can't wait!

• Jessica
    Devoted April 2012
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

These are all awesome!!

• Future Mrs. S
    VIP July 2012
    Future Mrs. S ·
    • Flag

Mine's going to look like this, except with purple ribbon and butterflies up the side instead of the monogram and flowers

• Jessica
    Devoted April 2012
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

Future Mrs. S-- Oh that's pretty! very simple and pretty! Could possibly go that route and just make the cake a little bigger. We are planning on having a pretty big wedding... well decent size.

• FMC
    Master June 2012
    FMC ·
    • Flag

Wow peacock! That's amazing!! I can't wait to see yours

• Wicked Lizzie
    VIP September 2011
    Wicked Lizzie ·
    • Flag

My cake looks like Kates but with silver crystal piping and two tiers and they will be on short crystal risers and my wedding flowers in between

Just picked it out today

and its going to be French butter cream that will be a lemon/ orange flavor

and then lemon cake with raspberry and lemon chiffon filling

• Faith
    Expert June 2012
    Faith ·
    • Flag

Kathryn i LOVE your cake! and penguin toppers to boot makes it all better we are doing penguins on our candle votive glasses that me sister is etching for me

she put them in dog tags cause we are doing military wedding we are both army

• Kathryn
    Super September 2011
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag

Thanks Faith!! Thats awesome! My fiance got out of the Army last summer, and is still in the National Guard...i'm an Army brat myself Smiley smile My fiance is OBSESSED with penguins! Even has them tattoed on his arm...and penguins mate for life, thats why we decided to have them as the topper!

• K
    Super July 2011
    Kristin ·
    • Flag

This was ours

• Jessica
    Devoted April 2012
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

Good grief Kathryn you're just full of good ideas! One of my BM's has a tattoo of a penguin on her shoulder. My FH loves them too.. Pretty sure if we could have an arctic backyard we'd have a few of them haha. He's also obsessed with the Nebraska Huskers, so I might try to incorporate that somehow. Not sure if it'll be the cake or not. I plan on getting him a Husker pin for his tux, and a daisy in the bouquet will be a maroon red for him.

• Jessica
    Devoted April 2012
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

Omg Kristin! I love it!! I really think I'm going to go with that style. Everyone's pictures are gorgeous and get me excited to go look at bakeries!

• Kathryn
    Super September 2011
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag

Haha, yeah my fiance would probably live with penguins if he could...I think I want to suprise him by going to SeaWorld and doing the peguin adventure, you get an hour doing everything backstage with the workers, and get to meet a penguin up close and personal lol! On Etsy, don't know if you have them already, but I got my garters on there, and the girl I got them from hand makes them, mine look perfect, and she does custom ones for sports teams and stuff...I bet she could do a Nebraska Huskers set :-D My set cost about 30.

• FutureMrsHodges
    VIP September 2012
    FutureMrsHodges ·
    • Flag

This is our wedding cake only thing that will be different is.The ribbon will be eggplant purple and the fleur de lis symbol will be silver.The 1st and 3rd tier will be red velvet and 2nd tier marble . I will also just have a crystal fleur de lis cake topper . (as shown)

• K
    Super July 2011
    Kristin ·
    • Flag

Thanks! I loved the simplicity of it

Comment on this discussion