Victorian Bride
VIP June 2026

Wedding Bouquet Preservation?

Victorian Bride, on October 14, 2018 at 10:55 AM Posted in Planning 0 20
Saved Save
Hi everyone!!
Im going to preserve my bouquet IF I can find a person who will do it as I've drempt. The flowers are arranged on a wood platform (for lack of a better word), with a glass dome covering them. I've seen very large arrangements done this way and they were lovely. I knew of someone who did it (planned on using her), but she has retired and has no further info. I had this same person do just one rose for me several years ago and I've attached pics. If anyone knows of someone who preserves in this style, I'd appreciate the information. I thank you each, in advance. ❤

Wedding Bouquet Preservation? 1

Wedding Bouquet Preservation? 2

20 Comments

• E
    Devoted October 2018
    Emma ·
    • Flag

I googled wedding flowers preservation and a couple of companies popped up., So I know they are out there. IfHave you called around? Is there an issue with style?

• Victorian Bride
    VIP June 2026
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi Emma!! All the companies want to press my bouquet flat and put it in a shadow box or picture frame. I did a Google search, too, but couldn't find anyone doing the style I have pictured. I appreciate your reply and assistance! Thank you!!
  • R
    Devoted September 2018
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    If you’re using a florist, ask your florist if they do it or know someone who does. Or try speaking with a local framing or sports memorabilia shop. If you’re willing to dry the flowers yourself, they could help you with framing or casing (or they may have a recommendation for someone who will do it end to end). I couldn’t find anyone local who preserved flowers so I used silica to dry a bunch of flowers myself and a local framing shop has offered for me to come in with my flowers and ideas and we’ll talk through options.
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP June 2026
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you, Rachel! Yes, I may end up trying to dry them myself. My problem is we are leaving directly for our honeymoon from our reception. I've called all the local florists and they have no idea. I was hoping to give my bouquet to someone, BM or friend, so they could just send it to whomever. I'd love to see pics of what you create with the frame shop.
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag
    I found someone local on yelp who does this. She creates different arrangements including what you're seeking. I don't know if she handles things by mail though. However, when I was looking for someone I did find a few companies that do what you want and they do everything by mail. It was a lot more expensive than using someone local though! Just to give you an idea, this arrangement of my bouquet cost nearly $500! But I love it and I got to choose the frame and flowers I wanted to include (my peonies). It's a bubble frame so it didn't flatten the flowers.

Wedding Bouquet Preservation? 3
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP June 2026
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh my!! It is absolutely beautiful!! Worth every penny. I love it that it's in a bubble frame and your peonies aren't crushed. Do you happen to know exactly what the type of display, for lack of a better term, I'm looking for is called? I appreciate the information. I'll check out Yelp under flower preservation. I've been searching for months, and so far no one local, but Yelp will be my last resort. I don't remember what I paid for this one flower, but it wasn't inexpensive, either. If I can't have what I want, I'd do something similar to yours. My hearts desire is the free standing one, though. Thank you so much!❤
  • Kay
    Super November 2018
    Kay ·
    • Flag

I didn't even know this was a thing or possible! Very cool!

• Amanda
    Expert August 2019
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    I have preserved flowers with silica. They aren’t pressed that way. You can put it in any container- shadow box, globe, etc. I wonder if you could find a container like that on amazon or maybe hobby lobby.
    Another option would be to check the yelp, google review etc of the floral preservation lady who retired. Maybe you can reach out to one of them to see if they know anyone else who can do something similar or knows how to reach her.
  • K
    Expert November 2018
    Kristin ·
    • Flag
    I think 32 looks like what you're looking for. Or maybe one of the cubes. Also, not cheap at all, but so cool. I was thinking about getting one of the frames before FH lost his job, now it will probably depend on if he gets a job offer before the wedding.

https://www.keepsakefloral.com/products/wedding-bouquet-preservation
  • K
    Expert September 2019
    K.glass ·
    • Flag
    Have u asked the retired lady how she did it to see if was something u cld do yourself?
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP June 2026
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks! I think so, too! ❤
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP June 2026
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I finally found someone in my state last night. One person about an hour away. I'm going to call her, today. Whatever website I found it on is offering franchises for sale. This was the same company to which the lady who retired worked. The retired lady has no reviews or anything. Nothing on Yelp. Thank you.
  • Annie
    VIP October 2018
    Annie ·
    • Flag

So my florist suggested getting glycerin at AC Moore or Michael's and pouring it over the petals. She said to use a big storage container so the glycerin powder doesn't get on the floor.

• Victorian Bride
    VIP June 2026
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much Kristin! I'm not sure, but I think this is the website I found in the middle of the night when I was putting my Boxer out. I found the list of people and did a screenshot in case I lost it. Lol! Thank you and Yes 32 is exactly it. They have so many pretty options, though. More than what the retired lady offered. I appreciate the link! I hope you get to preserve your bouquet. I saw a link about what to do if the event had already happened, but I didn't click it. Check it out! Maybe you can preserve them in silica and send to them when you are ready?
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP June 2026
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Everyone I know has lost her contact info. It's not available online, either. Thank you.
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP June 2026
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Annie, how Awesome!! Maybe I'll buy a bouquet at the local grocery as a test before my bridal bouquet. Thank you for finding a knowledgeable person!! 💖💕
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP June 2026
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    I've called this person and left my contact info. So we'll see. I appreciate each of you so much!!!❤
  • Amanda
    Expert August 2019
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Good luck! Hopefully that lead pans out! It’s such a beautiful idea.
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP June 2026
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    Found a local person to do my flowers!! Yay!! I'm so excited and she does them just the way I want. 💐 I thank each of you!!! Love always!!
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP June 2026
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm so excited about my floral preservation lady. She has tons of options, including one like yours. Thank you so much my sweet friend!! ❤

Comment on this discussion