Della
VIP July 2015

Weather rant

Della, on July 23, 2015 at 9:46 AM Posted in Planning 0 11
Saved Save

When we began our hunt for a venue, I was adamant that I wanted an indoor option for our hopefully outdoor wedding in case it rains or is 120 degrees. Most of the time people laughed because summer is typically mild here. We had a venue with that, but there were other issues so we switched to an outdoor vineyard with no indoor option and I had reassure myself it would be fine. Well summer has been hotter than hell (record breaking or close to it) so we were trying to find a shade/cool down option for weeks. Then they predicted a cool down. Awesome. Until yesterday morning when I woke up to a prediction of thunder and lightning. By the end of the day, they said 70s and cloudy but no rain. This morning there is a 60% chance of precipitation starting the moment my ceremony starts. The weathermen can bite me and I hate myself for not listening to myself.

11 Comments

• Jersey
    Master November 2016
    Jersey ·
    • Flag

Yeah, you just can't know! My coworkers wedding was in May. They predicted rain up until the day before her wedding (70% chance). She was really upset. But the day came and it was beautiful. It was pretty humid but no one cared! It didn't rain on us, so we were happy campers Smiley smile

• Anika
    Dedicated May 2016
    Anika ·
    • Flag

I'll cross my fingers for you! I definitely wanted a rain-option as well. There was one venue that was beautiful, and the outside ceremony space could easily fit our 120 guests. When I asked about a rain-plan though, she said "Oh, we have a lovely little chapel we can set up in case of rain. But it only holds 20 people." So what? We play "Hunger Games" to see which 20 of our guests get to watch the ceremony? No.

Hopefully the weather will be beautiful for your day!

• SweetBean
    VIP November 2015
    SweetBean ·
    • Flag

They say its good luck if it rains on your wedding day... but i hope it doesn't and it cools down for you!

• MrsTex
    Super October 2015
    MrsTex ·
    • Flag

This is literally my biggest fear as well since I am in the same spot as you. My only suggestion would be to see what it would cost to have a tent that would cover your reception if that is an option at your venue. Then weather extreme heat or rain you have some coverage for your guests.

• Original VC
    Master July 2015
    Original VC ·
    • Flag

Our weather forecast changed till the morning-of. Is there a chance to rent a tent in case you get light rain?

• Della
    VIP July 2015
    Della ·
    • Flag

We do have a tent for the reception, but no real way to cover for the ceremony. So if it rains, we may get married in th middle of the reception area.

Also can I say it's 73 and sunny right now? Salt in the wound...

• annakay511
    Master July 2015
    annakay511 ·
    • Flag

Ugh Smiley sad can you get a tent rental on standby or something??

• StitchingBride
    Master October 2014
    StitchingBride ·
    • Flag

I hope the weather works out for you! Smiley smile

• Doublej079
    VIP August 2015
    Doublej079 ·
    • Flag

I totally understand...we've had the weirdest weather ever this summer. I am already using the tent we got for back-up, just in case, I've told myself we may have to get married under that tent! It will be beautiful no matter what you do!

• Courtney CtoS
    VIP August 2016
    Courtney CtoS ·
    • Flag

And out of all the hot days that we've had in a row, this weekend is supposed to be about 20 degrees cooler. I don't understand Smiley sad Hopefully there's no lightening and rain this weekend!

• Courtney CtoS
    VIP August 2016
    Courtney CtoS ·
    • Flag

@Della Well the good news is that it looks like the weather has switched days so its supposed to be gross Saturday but nicer Sunday! Hopefully it holds out and gets better for you!

Comment on this discussion