LavenderJoy
Master September 2014

Wearing White?

LavenderJoy, on June 19, 2014 at 7:15 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 34
Saved Save

So my bridal shower is next weekend. My bridesmaids are doing a "Southern Belle" themed shower. Do I have to wear white? Did you wear or will you wear white to your shower?

34 Comments

• Emma
    Master October 2024
    Emma ·
    • Flag

I'm going to wear a green dress with a white lace overlay (similar to the pic below). You can wear whatever you want! :-)

• F
    VIP May 2015
    FutureMrs.B ·
    • Flag

I think its customary to wear white, or that of your gown color. My dress is Ivory, so I would do a cream colored dress. Or eggshell. But I would add some pops of color to make it fun!! Of course, you can always wear what youre most comfortable AND feel your best in!

• KellyT
    Master August 2014
    KellyT ·
    • Flag

I did wear white, but the first dress I bought was blue. I loved it but ended up buying a white dress too because it felt more bridal to me. Wear whatever you want!

• TiffanyShay
    Master October 2014
    TiffanyShay ·
    • Flag

To be completely honest. I really wanted to wear white but then I found two really cute dresses on sale as jcpenny that I couldn't pass up. So now I'm wearing a white/ran/coral striped dress to one shower and a blue dress dress to another. I'd rather buy something that I will have the opportunity to wear again... Though I think I actually look quite good in white I would most likely never wear it again so I didn't waste the money.

• E
    Master July 2015
    Emma ·
    • Flag

I'll be wearing white with a colorful statement necklace!

• FutureMrsZottola
    Master July 2015
    FutureMrsZottola ·
    • Flag

I will wear white. I have bought 3 or 4 white lacey dresses and when they all come in, I will try them on to see which one I want to keep LOL. I did buy pink jewelry and nude shoes already too.

• Jules
    Master January 2014
    Jules ·
    • Flag

I never knew and had never seen anyone wear white to their shower before WW. Wear whatever you want!

• Macksgirl
    Master August 2014
    Macksgirl ·
    • Flag

I wore white with a orange statement necklace and heels. But I think you can wear whatever color you want at your bridal shower Smiley smile

• F
    VIP October 2014
    FutureMrsS ·
    • Flag

I didn't. I never heard about wearing white to the shower.

• J
    VIP August 2014
    J ·
    • Flag

I bought a white lace dress but I will wear to the shower my MIL is throwing. My other shower is this Friday and it's like a cocktail party aaaaaand I have terrible tan lines from a bad burn and peeling so I am choosing to wear a dress that covers most of that. It is not white.

• Stacelynn
    Super April 2015
    Stacelynn ·
    • Flag

IM wearing white for all wedding related events bridal shower bachelorette rehearsal and wedding but thats just been something ive kinda always wanted , i dont think you have to wear white its completely up to you afterall everyone knows who the bride is .

• Emily
    Master May 2014
    Emily ·
    • Flag

No you don't. You can wear anything you want. There is no rule about wearing white to a shower or any particular color.

• NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Master August 2015
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost ·
    • Flag

I've never heard a specific rule that said you had to wear white. Most people I've seen do, but I think that's just because they want to. I've also heard of alot of people who buy dresses in their wedding colors when they don't like white for the bridal shower/rehearsal dinner.

• Chelsea
    Super August 2014
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag

My dress for my shower is a pastel blue with paisley print (same one from e-pics, for those that saw them). I dont think you need to wear white, although I've been to showers where the bride does indeed, wear white.

• SandM
    VIP August 2014
    SandM ·
    • Flag

I'm not wearing white. I'm wearing an adorable dress I've been drooling over for months.

• LavenderJoy
    Master September 2014
    LavenderJoy ·
    • Flag

@SandM - thats cute! :-)

• LavenderJoy
    Master September 2014
    LavenderJoy ·
    • Flag

@augustBride- your dress looks really pretty as well! :-)

• Kaegurl
    Master June 2014
    Kaegurl ·
    • Flag

I think you can wear whatever you want. I did wear an ivory lace dress to my shower, but to my 2nd shower I wore a purple dress. I'm going to wear blue to the rehearsal :-)

• Knox2015
    Devoted June 2015
    Knox2015 ·
    • Flag

Wear whatever you want!

• Munkos
    VIP September 2014
    Munkos ·
    • Flag

I won't even be wearing a dress, never mind a white one! Haha

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more