Rachel
Dedicated December 2017

We want a baby so badly!

Rachel, on November 3, 2016 at 2:45 AM Posted in Married Life 0 67
Saved Save

This is not wedding related but I have tried Forums for Trying To Conceive with no response. My fiancée and I want a baby. I had the Mirena Device but a few weeks ago it came out. I had some light bleeding for five days or so, i considered that a period, and now i have been having some pains in what feels like my Uterous and cervix. I want to be pregnant. I want to give him the joy of having a baby of his own. We raise my son who will be 3 together and he does wonderfully with him. The thing is we only just started trying and i already feel so upset that i am not pregnant yet. My sister just told us that she is pregnant with her 3rd and i couldn't help but feel mixed emotions. Any advice at all would be very much appreciated!

67 Comments

• Amanda
    Master January 2017
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

Try NFP (Natural Family Planning). Works for all my sister's friends! And I mean literally. They want to have a baby and they have no problems! It's kind of crazy how spot on it is.

• Rachel
    Dedicated December 2017
    Rachel ·
    • Flag

Okay, thank you! What is that?

• Anna Rae
    Super October 2016
    Anna Rae ·
    • Flag

Don't be discouraged. Stress will only hurt your body. Give it some time. A few weeks isn't that long.

• Rachel
    Dedicated December 2017
    Rachel ·
    • Flag

I agree completely. I don't understand why I am already getting so emotional about it.

• Anna Rae
    Super October 2016
    Anna Rae ·
    • Flag

That's normal! It's okay!

• Anna Rae
    Super October 2016
    Anna Rae ·
    • Flag

I've got baby fever like no ones business. But I'm not having my mirena removed until January 2018.

• Rachel
    Dedicated December 2017
    Rachel ·
    • Flag

It seems like the only sure for baby fever this strong is pregnancy itself. I went to check my device, as my doctor instructed, and it fell into my hand.

• Anna Rae
    Super October 2016
    Anna Rae ·
    • Flag

Oh goodness! This is my second and I've never had that happen! Lol

• Rachel
    Dedicated December 2017
    Rachel ·
    • Flag

Yeah I was shocked but also sort of relieved. We both wanted it out anyways and want a baby.

• Kristina
    VIP August 2017
    Kristina ·
    • Flag

I know the feeling.. I have such bad baby fever.. but we decided not to try til after the wedding.. though our contraceptive is not having sex and have failed at keeping that working.. so the few times we have had sex lately I was pretty sad that I didn't get pregnant.

Take a deep breath and relax cuz stress is not good at all for you when you want to have a baby. Hopefully it will happen soon for both of you.

• Amanda
    Master January 2017
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

Here is a basic overview of NFP. (Just ignore the part that mentions the rhythm method--it actually does NOT utilize this at all.) NFP is all about your biology and tracking your fertility, is completely natural, and makes sure your body is working as nature/biology intended. It's got an incredibly high success rate as a birth control, and also an incredibly high success rate for conception!

http://americanpregnancy.org/preventing-pregnancy/natural-family-planning/

• BicycleBuiltForTwo
    Master September 2016
    BicycleBuiltForTwo ·
    • Flag

You say your Mirena came out? Have you seen a doctor since that happened? You need to make sure nothing is wrong ASAP before you continue trying to conceive.

• StarFromIHJ
    Master August 2016
    StarFromIHJ ·
    • Flag

Call your gynecologist.

• Holly
    Super February 2017
    Holly ·
    • Flag

I'm going to agree with the people telling you to see your doctor (if you haven't already). Mirena is not supposed to fall out. If it does, it could be an indication that something is off. I would call immediately.

• Savanah
    VIP July 2017
    Savanah ·
    • Flag

See a doctor. Sometimes after having birth control it can take a little bit to conceive. Only after a year is it a red flag. I have major fertility issues myself. My FH wants a baby yesterday, however I want to wait a couple more years which he agreed to. Hopefully you don't have to go the medication route. I've tried some & it's not pleasant let me tell you lol. Good luck with everything but definitely start with a doctor, don't stress, and try to learn more about your own body & cycles!

• kimmyinjapan
    VIP September 2016
    kimmyinjapan ·
    • Flag

You need to go to the doctor asap. That doesn't sound like a period at all. it sounds like damage from when your Mirena fell out and the cramping now could very well be continued damage that hadn't been addressed yet.

• Vandekerklove31717
    Super March 2017
    Vandekerklove31717 ·
    • Flag

I'm just going to reiterate that you need to see the doctor ASAP! They are not supposed to fall out and by doing so something could be damaged!

• Jennifer
    VIP July 2017
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

It isn't as accurate as NFP but it would be helpful to use as an extra tool, I use an app called Glow to help avoid pregnancy LOL, but they have multiple settings and my sister actually used the same app to get pregnant! You track your periods and when you have sex on it, and it shows you when your most fertile days every month are.

But mostly, just relax. You may want to check that you IUD came out all the way and correctly and make an appointment with your obgyn.

• Mrs. Mac
    Master July 2016
    Mrs. Mac ·
    • Flag

Yeah first, if your Mirena fell out, as others said, go see your doc. They aren't supposed to do that.

Second, what LMac said.

• OG Kathryn
    Champion May 2016
    OG Kathryn ·
    • Flag

What LMac said. You've been trying for a few days. there are people who struggle for years, have to take injections, just to lose the baby.

This post comes off extremely uneducated and selfish. No wonder no one on the TTC site responded to you.

Comment on this discussion