Liana
VIP November 2014

We Booked Our Honeymoon!!

Liana, on April 24, 2014 at 1:28 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 16
Saved Save

Exciting day here We booked our honeymoon! I am SO SO SO excited. We're going to spend 3 days in Dubai followed by 7 days in the Maldives.

If anyone has suggestions for either venue, please let me know! We actually have good friends who live in Dubai and are coming for our wedding, so we're going to fly back with them and have some help navigating the city before we head off for alone time in the Maldives. I can't wait!!! Is it terrible that I just want to skip to the honeymoon?

In Dubai, we're staying at the Burj Al Arab (first picture) and at The W in the Maldives (2nd).

16 Comments

• MissMadeline
    Master June 2014
    MissMadeline ·

I love how the Burj Al Arab looks like a sailboat! Sounds like you guys will have a fantastic time.

• Shamika
    VIP August 2014
    Shamika ·

Awesome! Sounds like that would be a great honeymoon... Both places look beautiful... Can't wait for us to book ours.

• kristenann
    Master October 2014
    kristenann ·

Looks amazing! We looked at the Maldives but couldn't justify spending so much on airfare since we're paying for our own wedding. One day we'll get there.

• FutureMrsIsa
    Super September 2014
    FutureMrsIsa ·

Thats look completely amazing!!! ENJOY IT!

• DisneyNut
    Master October 2014
    DisneyNut ·

I'm jealous. That looks fabulous.

• L
    VIP September 2014
    LSC_sf ·

Those look amaaaaaaaaaaazing! I'd want to skip right over to the honeymoon too!

• M&M
    VIP August 2015
    M&M ·

Nice! Are those overwater bungalows in the Maldives? Im considering going there for my honeymoon too. If I recall, you are flying from NYC right? How much is the trip if you mind sharing?

• Jae
    Master June 2014
    Jae ·

That sounds amazing!!!! I'm with you, I would totally skip to the honeymoon!

• S
    Just Said Yes March 2015
    Sadie ·

Wow! Nice! Hope you guys enjoy. It sounds like a lot of fun!

• Liana
    VIP November 2014
    Liana ·

@M&M- Yes they're overwater bungalows!!

We're flying from NYC (JFK, to be exact) with Emirates. This is the breakdown:

JFK to Dubai

Dubai to the Maldives

Then the Maldives back to New York (with a short layover in Dubai).

Technically, it's three separate flights since on the way they're we're staying in Dubai for a few days. We paid about 1400.00 for each of us.

Master September 2014
    *Rigby* ·

Looks amazing! you are not alone I would rather just skip to the honeymoon too

• M&M
    VIP August 2015
    M&M ·

Thanks Liana! That must be flight-only for that price though right? What about accommodations/total? And is it all inclusive?

• Liana
    VIP November 2014
    Liana ·

@M&M- Yes, that's just the flight. Not all inclusive! For the Maldives I have a friends and family rate for the hotel, so we got a nice discount. Both hotels are insanely expensive and I'm embarrassed to say how much they cost!

• SunshineJenn
    Master August 2014
    SunshineJenn ·

Two members of our BP just got married (to each other obvs) in 2012 and went to Dubai and Seychelles for a total of 2 weeks. They said it was a blast. If you like to cook, that's where to pick up fresh spices.

• Liana
    VIP November 2014
    Liana ·

Thanks for the tip Jenn!! I have to remember that.

• AngelaA
    VIP June 2014
    AngelaA ·

Omg, that looks completely amazing!

Comment on this discussion