Maggie
Champion October 2025

Was your top venue available on your ideal wedding date?

Maggie, on March 17, 2019 at 7:05 PM Posted in Planning

Were you lucky enough to nab your first choice venue on the exact wedding date you wanted? Or did you need to be flexible with either your venue choice or your wedding date?

Was your favorite venue available on your ideal date? If not, did you change the venue or change the date?

Was your top venue available on your ideal wedding date? 1

Photo from Climactic Entertainment in Wilmington, North Carolina

Come tell us more about your venue in these community conversations: Where are you getting married? Post a picture of your venue!, How many venues did you tour?, and What were your venue “must haves”?

Share:

20 Comments

• K
    Super November 2019
    Kristin ·

Even 18 months out, we still had to push our date back almost 2 months to get the venue of our dreams!

• Kristen
    VIP April 2020
    Kristen ·
    No, but we ended up saving since we had to move it to a Sunday!
  • Amanda
    Devoted June 2020
    Amanda ·

We were lucky enough to get our first choice on our ideal date!! We booked 20 months out though.

• A
    Dedicated June 2019
    Alyssa ·

No, unfortunately, the world didn't work that way for me. The state park system is funky and we missed our chance.

• Selina
    Dedicated October 2019
    Selina ·
    We booked our 8 months and moved our date around. We went with a Sunday because it saved us several hundred dollars.
  • Lizzy
    Expert October 2019
    Lizzy ·
    No, my favorite venue was booked but honestly it worked out for the best because now we can invite everyone we want
  • Tara
    Master May 2020
    Tara ·
    I’m not sure. My top venue was a chapel in Las Vegas. I never even had a chance to check bc my partner refused to elope.
  • Kaitlyn
    Devoted March 2019
    Kaitlyn ·
    We were lucky! We wanted March 30 and our venue was open!
  • Chanté
    Just Said Yes November 2019
    Chanté ·
    No, my venue was not available for the original date I'd chosen but it wasn't a big deal since I didn't particularly have my heart set on it. We ended up booking for the weekend before.
  • Margaret
    Dedicated May 2019
    Margaret ·
    We got lucky and our first choice was available on our date. They even moved around their typical time slots to accommodate the time we needed. They have been so great throughout the whole process.
  • Tara
    Dedicated September 2019
    Tara ·
    At first I didn’t think my dream venue was in the budget but luckily it was! We originally wanted an October wedding but I believe they were all taken. I wanted a spring wedding and the FH wanted a fall wedding and we tried to not have it during our birthday months. But I settled and I couldn’t be happier with our date, September 21 even if it’s during my birthday month. Thank goodness we booked the venue when we did because other people called the day after trying to get that date.
  • Alexandra
    Rockstar June 2019
    Alexandra ·
    We booked about a year out and our dream venue didn’t have any Saturdays available in 2019, so we had to move to a Sunday!
  • Iris
    Expert May 2019
    Iris ·
    We booked our venue a bit over a year out for the wedding, even though we did not have a dream venue on mind, our favorite was available for our date. Date change was not negotiable because of the wedding theme, so I’m happy everything worked out!
  • Jeanelle
    Super September 2018
    Jeanelle ·
    We picked a season rather than a date and then picked according to what was available. We had no strong feelings about a special date since it was going to be a new milestone in our lives.
  • Erica
    Dedicated October 2020
    Erica ·
    No, and we booked almost 2 years in advance! We originally wanted October 24th 2020 but had to settle for the weekend before on the 17th
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    While we were negotiating, our venue got a corporate booking... which included our original MONDAY in March (off-season). Crazy. We moved up our wedding date a week, March 20th, which was the date of spring equinox! The symbolism of that date worked out pretty cool. 😀
  • Future Mrs. S
    Super May 2019
    Future Mrs. S ·

Our Airbnb venue was our first choice and we almost couldn't get our date because it was already booked for the family of another wedding to stay at. They eventually dropped out and the venue reached out to us and asked if we wanted to tour the venue before deciding, so we jumped on it right away. We got lucky!

• K
    Super November 2019
    Kayla ·
    Yes! I got my first choice dream venue on the exact date I wanted 😍
  • Bridget
    Super August 2019
    Bridget ·

Ours was! This was my reason for a two year engagement. I wanted first pick on all vendors and was able to hire everyone that I inquired with.

• Emily
    Expert October 2020
    Emily Online ·
    Yes it was available on the day we wanted luckily!

Comment on this discussion