Wendy
Super August 2020

Walt Disney World!!

Wendy, on May 10, 2019 at 7:37 PM Posted in Planning 0 15
Saved Save
My FH and I want to go there for the first time ever for our anniversary, there are so many hotels to stay at that I don’t know which one is the best....

For those of you who have been, where did you stayed, also did you go to all the parks??

thank you

15 Comments

• Melissa
    Rockstar September 2019
    Melissa ·
    I’ve stayed at many of the hotels and definitely go to all the parks. We prefer the value hotels like Pop Century mainly because we are barely in the room so we don’t need anything fancy. I have also stayed at the moderates Port Orleans, Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs. Coronado Springs was my favorite out of those. I did a trip with my aunt once and we stayed at the Polynesian and it was so beautiful 😍 If i ever had the budget to stay anywhere on property the Polynesian would be my choice as it’s jist beautiful and has the monorail to Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Any other Disney questions, feel free to message me!
  • Wendy
    Super August 2020
    Wendy ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much!! I will definitely look into those you mentioned..
  • Kristin
    Savvy November 2020
    Kristin ·
    I love the All-Star Resorts, specifically the movies one. As PP said, we barely spend any time in our rooms, so it didn't make sense to pay for an expensive hotel. I love going to all the parks. They're each so different. How many days are you going for?
  • Mandi
    Rockstar March 2020
    Mandi ·
    We stayed at Pop Century on our previous trip. I really liked it.

We're planning on going back for our Honeymoon and staying at Boardwalk.

We went to all 4 parks. Already planning to go back to all 4 to do different things this time.
  • Aliza
    Savvy September 2020
    Aliza ·
    Definitely go to all the parks. We also did a day at Universal when we went down for a wedding. We stayed at the military hotel, since one of the people in our group works for the DOD.
  • Native Dancer
    Dedicated July 2019
    Native Dancer ·
    We stayed at Wyndham Grand Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort and went to all the parks, including Epcot twice! We also went to Universal because I had to do everything Harry Potter too!
  • Wendy
    Super August 2020
    Wendy ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I did see this hotel, I’ll look into it.. thank you
  • Wendy
    Super August 2020
    Wendy ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes!!! I saw that one but like you said, not worth paying so much for the hotel and not spend much time in it.. we haven’t decided yet, we live in VA and due my FH schedule we will probably only be able to go for 3 or 4 days.
  • Wendy
    Super August 2020
    Wendy ·
    View Quoted Comment
    How far is Boardwalk?? Which park do you recommend for a first timer?? I definitely want Magic Kingdom lol..
  • Wendy
    Super August 2020
    Wendy ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you
  • Mandi
    Rockstar March 2020
    Mandi ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Boardwalk is on property between Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Theres a walkway between the 2 parks and Boardwall has a lot of nightlife. Nothing near what Disney Springs has. But still fun.

I loved Magic Kingdom! We spent a day and a half there.
    My favorite is Hollywood Studios. A whole lot of classic mixed with new. I went in hearing it was the "worst park", but I adored it. We will be back after Star Wars opens, so I'll be spending probably a full day there.
    I was pretty underwhelmed by Animal Kingdom. But our local zoo is excellent. Will return to watch the evening show, because we missed it last time.
    Epcot is HUGE. The world showcase is giant and we will be spending some time there. The rest of the park is fine, but it feels empty to me.

I cant wait to go back. And after Disney World, we're relaxing with a Disney Cruise. (Fiance is big into Disney.)
  • A
    Super September 2019
    Anna ·
    We’re doing our honeymoon in Disney!!!! Budget is the first question I would ask. If you can swing it do either Port Orleans French quarter or Coronado Springs. We’re staying in Coronado, we did our first trip together and it was amazing!! Beautiful and great atmosphere. If you’re going to be there for 4 or 5 days at least, absolutely all 4 parks!!! Also get park hopper for flexibility! We also are doing mickeys not so scary Halloween party for extra magic kingdom time!
    what time of year are you two going?
  • Kate
    Dedicated November 2019
    Kate ·
    FH grew up in a "Disney family" (they went every 2-3 years) and I've definitely embraced it! We have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and the Polynesian. I've also stayed at Caribbean Beach and All Star Music. I would avoid the All Stars, since these tend to get booked up with school groups.

In addition to PP comments, there are some great blogs out there that should help you choose a hotel, dining, and which park(s) to visit each day! Our favorites include:

Disney Tourist Blog
    Disney Food Blog - stellar for restaurant recs. They also have a YouTube channel that we watch a lot right before we go.
    Touring Plans - this website will help make the most of your days at Disney!

Disney trips do require a lot of upfront planning, but if you plan well, you'll have a magical time!
  • Native Dancer
    Dedicated July 2019
    Native Dancer ·
    View Quoted Comment
    It’s an excellent resort and close to all the parks! We will stay there again the next time we go!
  • C
    VIP January 2019
    Cassidy ·
    There are 3 categories of hotels; value, moderate, and delux. Which you choose is going to depend on what you want. If you just need a bed to sleep in, then go with the value. There will be more kids, it will be louder, the rooms are smaller, less food options, and just one bus stop. But, they have Great disney theming. Pop Century is fun.
    If most of your time will be spent in the parks but you want to enjoy some down time at the hotel, then I’d go with a moderate. They’re a little more quiet, have a hot tub, bigger rooms and beds, theres a table service restaurant in addition to quick service, hot tubs, and usually more than one bus stop. Coronado Springs is nice, Ive also heard Port Orleans is nice but i haven’t stayed.
    if you want to go all out and plan on spending a lot of time at the hotel, get a delux. Overall these hotels are just nicer. They have indoor corridors, better beds, i think the rooms are bigger, they all
    have one or more sit down restaurants(but a smaller quick service area). Delux resorts are also closer to the parks and offer additional ways to get there (monorail, walking paths, boat rides) which makes leaving at the end of the night much easier. Wilderness Lodge is nice and is right by Magic Kingdom. Someone mentioned the Boardwalk, we just stayed there on our minimoon, it was great! Very relaxing. Animal Kingdom Lodge has the animals outside and you can get a room overlooking the savanah, so cool.
    You can also rent DVC points. This will get you a delux room at a much cheaper price. There a websites that specialize in this, just google DVC rental.
    As far as parks They all have their perks, but my fave is Magic Kingdom. As someone who’s never been, I don’t recommend a hopper. There will be
    enough for you to seee and do that you won’t need one. Also make sure you plan down time/off days. Disney trips are exhausting. Make dinning reservations in advance, get your fast passes, and have a plan but don’t be afraid to veer from it (just use it like an outline)

Comment on this discussion