We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Alondra
VIP February 2012

Vistaprint Vs. King Designs (Gossett)

Alondra, on September 8, 2011 at 10:33 AM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 14
Saved Save

Which one would you choose?

Vistaprint:

- Won't give me a sample of my design

- I have to creat my own design since I don't like any of the ones they provide

- It's cheap, but more expensive than King Design

- Easier to trust with so many having such great reviews about them

King Design:

- mailing me a sample of an invitation so I'll see what I'm working with

-$31 for 30 invitations (no RSVP cards)

- Will work on design (a very simple one)

- I don't see many order from them & they only have I think 5 reviews

What should I go with ladies?

14 Comments

• Alondra
    VIP February 2012
    Alondra ·
    • Flag

This is what I came up with on Vista Print.. Not great I know but I'm not the craftiest person.

• Andrene
    Master October 2011
    Andrene ·
    • Flag

Gosset gets my vote because of the quality of her designs. Vista is limited (i.e., you can't have nice texture paper or different printing methods). I think the price you were quoted is very inexpensive.

• b
    Expert March 2012
    b ·
    • Flag

I think if you can get a sample invitation, start with Gosset and see what they send you. If you really don't like the sample then you can think about Vista Print.

The reviews look good and sincere, even though there aren't that many. I think I'd try Gosset.

• Meghan
    Master August 2011
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

You can get a virutal sample with Vistaprint. I'm not sure of Gossett's prices, but she has gotten rave reviews from real brides on this forum in the past. And I mean RAVE reviews! She's also been on our most helpful contributing vendors to the forums.

She's talented and can get you the exact design you want instead of having to work within the contstraints of Vistaprint. If you have no design skills whatsoever, she's the way to go.

• Alondra
    VIP February 2012
    Alondra ·
    • Flag

Thank you ladies for the advice. I've been pretty set with Kings design since I first talked to Kelly, but for some reason VistaPrint stayed in the back of my mind. I just wanted some reasurance. You all are great, Thank you! Smiley smile

• Jamie
    Dedicated April 2012
    Jamie ·
    • Flag

I'm using vista print. I thought they were a little boring too so I'm adding a little glitter to mine. I also ventured through the scrapbook section at Micheals and found these mini bees to attach to the invites that fit my theme. Now i'm excited!

• Carole M (a.k.a "old tart")
    Master October 2011
    Carole M (a.k.a "old tart") ·
    • Flag

I love vistaprint for everything BUT invites. I have used them for personalized welcome bag note cards, business cards I have used for just about everything, personalized post cards, our programs, magnets and loads of extras. But, when it comes to invites, I just think their selection is limited and if you are not a print shop pro, you have to come up with your own design.

I think invites set the tone for the wedding, so if you are having a more elegant affair, I would go with more elegant invites.

We used simple print your own invites from Michaels, but we are also having a casually elegant biker themed wedding in Vermont, so our invites did set the tone.

Good luck!

• Brandi ♥'s Chris
    Master November 2013
    Brandi ♥'s Chris ·
    • Flag

I'd go through Vistaprint. There are links that you can use to get 10 invites for free (just pay shipping). You can order the 10 as a sample to see if you like it. You can also reuse the link as many times as you want, so you can end up getting them all for free. Here is the link to the savings page.

http://vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com/sample-email.html

I designed ordered mine from there and added a few touches of my own. They turned out great and I really like them alot. Here is a few pics of mine...

• Mrs. Moore
    Expert December 2011
    Mrs. Moore ·
    • Flag

I did mine through Vistaprint. I added the snowflakes clip art from clker.com. I think they turned out great. I paid all of $80.00 for 200 invites, RSVP cards and reception cards.

• Alondra
    VIP February 2012
    Alondra ·
    • Flag

@Brandi&Chris, That only works for certain invitations and they are not in my style. I think I might see the sample of King Design first before I consider VistaPrint Smiley smile

• Tammy
    Super May 2012
    Tammy ·
    • Flag

I ordered my invitations from 123print.com

They always provide free shipping. I ordered 50 invites and rsvp cards. I had a coupon that they e-mailed me so my total order came to $76.00

That includes the upgraded cardstock, upgraded envelope and printing on the envelopes.

They will mail you sample invites on their different paper weights but not of your design.

I also ordered my save the date magnets from them.

I think the invitation process has been a lot easier on me than others since we're doing a DW I don't feel I have to be as formal.

Good luck!

• Anonymous
    Super October 2012
    Anonymous ·
    • Flag

Vistaprint sent me a free sample book with all different kinds of paper and ideas. Didn't cost a thing. It was nice seeing the actual size of things and feeling the paper. For me, the free sample and seeing the designs online was good enough for me. I didn't need to see my actual design in paper. I could put two and two together. They also have the option of using recycled paper which I liked a lot.

• Alondra
    VIP February 2012
    Alondra ·
    • Flag

@Nicole, yup. Just asked for the free wedding kit that comes with everything. Didn't see that when I made the forum. Thank you though Smiley smile I guess we'll just have to see once both samples come in

• Shaton
    VIP June 2012
    Shaton ·
    • Flag

This is my vista print order- -Bridal Shower

Comment on this discussion

Related articles