Venancia
Savvy November 2017

Videography

Venancia, on April 10, 2017 at 4:03 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 9
Saved Save

I'm on the fence about having our ceremony recorder. I think I'll want it in the future just to look back on but I don't know if I want to pay hundreds of dollars for it. What are you guys doing a far as video? What's helped you decide if you want this or not?

9 Comments

• Rachel
    Super May 2018
    Rachel ·
    • Flag

I have a friend who did not get it and her and her husband both regret not getting it done. That is what helped us make our decision!

• Venancia
    Savvy November 2017
    Venancia ·
    • Flag

That's what I thought. M y SIL had a big wedding and said they had it done and have only looked at it 4times. She regrets paying all that money for it. Ugh! I'm so torn. I'm just not sure I'd look at it enough times to get my money's worth lol maybe I can make it ananniversary tradition. We look at it every year to remind us how we felt that day.....

• Sarah
    Devoted October 2017
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

We are getting just the ceremony recorded, for us and also for some elderly relatives who won't be able to travel. I searched some videographers, and at first glance, they all seemed really expensive and had way more built into their packages than I wanted. But I reached out to one who was willing to come out just for the ceremony for only $350, which, in DC is an awesome price

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag

I didn't get it for my 1st marriage and I regretted it. This time I'm definitely hiring a videographer.

• StPaulGal
    Master July 2017
    StPaulGal ·
    • Flag

We aren't doing videography. At first I wanted a video, but when we really thought about it we realized that we just couldn't picture ourselves sitting down to watch a movie of our wedding. We would watch it a couple of times when we got the final product, probably show it to our parents, and then it would basically be a several-thousand-dollar coaster after that.

• GymRat
    Master May 2017
    GymRat ·
    • Flag

NST Pictures.

$3440 for a 5 minute cinematic highlight trailer, and a 25 minute cinematic feature film - 8 hours of coverage - raw video excluded.

No way I'm skipping video - I pushed hard for this.

What helped me decide: the fact that we won't see lots of what is going to happen at our wedding (wedding party entrance, our string quartet, etc.) We can't be everywhere at once.

I want to hear our vows, I want to hear parents speeches, I want to see our first dance (pictures aren't enough).

Also (may be a bit morbid), our parents won't be here forever - I would like to have them on (professional) film.

• LoveLoveLove
    Super October 2017
    LoveLoveLove ·
    • Flag

We're having video and photos done. I've had friends who recommended that we have them and others who recommended we don't.

I reread old texts from my Babe when I miss him. And I look at videos recorded on my phone several times so I know I'll look at the video and the pics. I consider it a great investment for us.

• Danielle
    VIP March 2017
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

We didn't have a video and although it would've been nice to have one I won't say I regret it. I really wanted one initially but it just wasn't in the budget no matter what. When I really thought about it I realized I just wanted our ceremony recorded - something we could watch down the years and show our kids one day. We set up H's nice camera on a tripod and asked his aunt to hit the record button. Something of course malfunctioned the day of and nothing got recorded lol which sucked but we can laugh about it now. I do still wish we had a video of the ceremony though. I would love to see everyone walking down the aisle and to hear us saying our vows again. Sometimes certain companies have a "ceremony only option" for a less expensive price or if you have a nice camera and can get a tripod (and go through a few practice runs making sure it works lol) those might be nice options to save money and still have something to look back on.

Concerning having one of those pretty cinematic videos of the whole wedding and reception that you see on fb and YouTube that I initially fell in love with that were a couple thousand - I don't have any regrets about not having one of those.

• W
    Expert August 2017
    Whitney ·
    • Flag

Photography and videography are the two most important things for us. We spent $2,000.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics