J
Beginner June 2019

Videographers?

Jessi, on June 18, 2018 at 9:42 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 12
Saved Save
Opinions on videographers? pros cons? are pictures enough?

12 Comments

• H
    Savvy October 2020
    Haley ·
    Following !
  • Tpatb
    Master August 2019
    Tpatb ·

I can't speak from a married stance but we wanted a videographer personally because we love how it "tells a story" of the day. There are going to be moments that while the pictures capture I'll actually be able to see them live and replay them from the wedding...& take in everything from the day because I hear it goes by fast. We're also having our "first touch/words" before the ceremony starts recorded, our family will wish us words of encouragement & we are saying personal notes on video to each other as well. Idk..I just think it's really special. As far as a con, I think it's just another thing to pay for unfortunately lol but we want it so we're just going to bite that bullet! Looking at the videos of others also made me fall in love bc I can't wait to see my own!

• Tamika
    Savvy September 2018
    Tamika ·
    We have a photographer and videographer. The videographer will be able to capture more footage, and they are giving us all the rights to our footage. We can then make stills from that as well. I know they also will capture our vows and toast, which a photographer will not have that option.
  • Lysa
    Dedicated October 2018
    Lysa ·
    We wanted one but it was not too high on the priority list. It was our last vendor to pick. We found someone with very decent prices and got the smallest or second smallest package. One of my friends has been married for maybe five years now and every anniversary they make a nice dinner and watch their video. I thought that was a cute idea. I’m just so scared I’ll be overwhelmed and miss so much that I wanted a photographer and videographer to capture as much as possible!
  • J
    Beginner June 2019
    Jessi ·
    Thank you everyone! im one of those people who like to have 5 pictures of the same thing in different angles so i think ill definitely like it too!
  • Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn ·

A videographer is a necessity for us. I have so much anxiety I'm nervous I won't even remember what our vows or toasts sounded like. Besides, I've never heard anyone regret having a videographer, but I've heard lots of people saying they wished they had one.

• Stephanie
    Super March 2018
    Stephanie ·

Haven't gotten my video back yet, but I am glad we got both. There are just some things that a photo can't capture, like the sound of the laughter at the reception, the words used in the toast, messages our videographer recorded from our friends.. Those are things I'm looking forward to seeing!

• FutureMrsD
    Rockstar July 2019
    FutureMrsD ·

I think they are really worth it, especially for the ceremony and speeches. They are expensive, but other than that I don't see any cons. If you can't afford one, I'd at least set up an at home video camera on a tripod or have the officiant wear a go pro on their chest to film. We are spending $1,500 on a videographer for our wedding day!

• Brittany
    Devoted October 2018
    Brittany ·
    We weren't getting one but then decided to that it was a necessity. I asked on FB and everyone said they loved theirs and those that didn't get one regretted it.
  • Neffe
    Master July 2020
    Neffe ·

Hi Jessi! I think a videographer is a great investment for your wedding day, as they are able to capture the real-time moments you can look back on and enjoy for the years to come! There's just something about watching live footage from a significant event that resonates more closely! Have you decided whether or not you plan to use one? If you need additional guidance, I definitely think you should check out our 5 Reasons You MUST Hire a Videographer!

• Stephanie
    Expert October 2018
    Stephanie ·

Let me just say, I booked our wedding videographer because I want to have a video of people many years from now, who might not still be with us. To see their lively reactions and stuff they say, there's just something so special about people moving and having a great time.

• Dee
    Dedicated June 2019
    Dee ·
    I hired a cinematographer. We have family on the other side of the world who won’t be able to make it, and I thought it would be great way for them to experience and live the moments. My cousins did videographers too and had a same day edit presented on their wedding day... I thought it was a nice touch. Even though they got married a few years ago I still love watching their videos and still cry over them . I’m such a sap but I love when they can capture moments like that so perfectly

I hired amor in motion. Their masterpieces are amazing

Comment on this discussion