Soon2BMrsCecil
Expert August 2015

Venue!

Soon2BMrsCecil, on November 1, 2013 at 4:32 PM Posted in Planning 0 27
Saved Save

Just out if curiousity...

How many venues did you look at before picking "the one"?

And

How many times did you visit that venue before signing the contract? And who was with you?

27 Comments

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·
    • Flag

I basically had one venue to choose from. I went one time.

It's PA in November in a really tiny town. That's great for saving money, not so much for options. It'll be fine.

• rusticbride
    Master May 2014
    rusticbride ·
    • Flag

I scheduled 3 in one day. My first three. My Mom and MOH (sister) were with me.

I got stuck on the first venue and didn't want to look any further. Price was great, location was great, the grounds were great, versatile, multiple ceremony options, indoor rain option, etc.

As with a lot of things in life in general, I know what I want when I see it.

• Nay
    Master August 2014
    Nay ·
    • Flag

We're probably not the norm, but for our vow renewal we only had this venue in mind so we only visited one. We always said if we had an event, this would be the place.

Our venue is a hotel with ballrooms. We had already stayed there for our second anniversary and a few times over the years for quick weekend getaways, so it only took us one time to go visit and look at the balrooms we'll be using, and the next time we went we signed the Contract. It was just me and Hubby that went each time.

• Amanda
    Super September 2014
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

We visited three different venues, just the FH and I. We only visited once, it was a toss up between two of them because they both fit our vision and theme. The one we chose was more budget friendly and the layout was a lot better.

• PattyCakes
    Super June 2014
    PattyCakes ·
    • Flag

I fell in love with one and it's the only one I've looked at. It was within my budget though and fit our vision perfectly, so I didn't feel any need to look elsewhere.

I haven't signed yet because we can't set a date till we get his bootcamp dates. But we wanted to go looking t it again with his mother anyways, so we'll sign then.

• Soon2BMrsCecil
    Expert August 2015
    Soon2BMrsCecil ·
    • Flag

I understand the small town thing! Outside of VFW and banquet halls, there aren't a whole lot of options in my area. That's why we've decided to look a little outside of our town. I haven't been to look at my choice yet. Technically, it's not my venue yet but my venue of choice. Hopefully it works out. Luckily I have plenty of time!

• P
    Expert December 2013
    Private User ·
    • Flag

I only looked at 1 venue. I went the first time during an open house, scheduled a private meeting and signed the contract. All within 1 weeks time (:

• winnipegwriter
    Master September 2015
    winnipegwriter ·
    • Flag

I looked at nine, and we wound up picking the second one we'd looked at. Go figure. We emailed a few questions to the banquet manager after viewing it, and then drove down to sign the contract!

• Gamecock Mrs.
    Master October 2014
    Gamecock Mrs. ·
    • Flag

I went to four. And honestly one was so I could eliminate such a good deal from my thoughts. My venue was the first real contender I visited. After seeing the other two, I had FH come back with me on a Friday and we booked it the following Monday.

• D&J
    Expert October 2014
    D&J ·
    • Flag

I fell in love w/ one, and it was the only one I actually visited. I researched and got quotes for three others, but after seeing the first I was sold.

• Ashlee
    VIP June 2015
    Ashlee ·
    • Flag

We went to look at 3. I felt SUPER bummed because I loved all 3 but they were so insanely far out of our price range that I wouldn't be able to book them Smiley sad then my dad mentioned our current venue and we fell IN LOVE. We booked the venue a couple hours after we saw it (they usually book up about 1 year and a half-2 years in advance) and we did not want to lose out. Smiley smile

• Soon2BMrsCecil
    Expert August 2015
    Soon2BMrsCecil ·
    • Flag

We've gotten it narrowed down to 2 that we like just from finding on the Internet. We haven't actually been to either yet. We have one that we LOVE and one that will work.

• MrsMartin101213
    Super October 2013
    MrsMartin101213 ·
    • Flag

I looked at a TON it felt like but I think it was 8 total.

• Carly
    Super November 2014
    Carly ·
    • Flag

I looked at 15 venues, and then like 3 locations within our venue. Venue was the hardest part of the planning and took 4 months just to find the place.

• Courtney F
    VIP April 2014
    Courtney F ·
    • Flag

We looked at one. We fell in love with our venue the minute we saw it. We only visited that one time before we booked it. I booked it over the phone and they emailed me the contract and I mailed it back.

• Lori
    Master June 2015
    Lori ·
    • Flag

We looked at four. But I kinda knew we were going to go with my venue, because my sister got married there a few years ago and it's such a great deal for how beautiful it is and what you get. I just needed FH to see it to get his thoughts.

• Arizona Bride
    Super April 2017
    Arizona Bride ·
    • Flag

I am looking at 3 venues right now. We aren't sure how this is going to work. We might be having our renewal in the church my husband grew up in.

• Stephanie
    Master November 2014
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag

We looked at 3 venues, 2 of which were owned by the same group. We contacted several more but eliminated them because they were too small or expensive. We fell in love with the 2 from the same group immediately, but the 3rd venue was more convenient in a lot of ways so we still looked at it. Went with one of the first 2.

• A2Ndhi
    Expert September 2019
    A2Ndhi ·
    • Flag

I looked at 2, and lots of websites.. fell in love with the first but couldn't afford it.. so decided too lower or wedding budget and go big for the honey moon. With 5 kids the thought of Fh an I leaving for two weeks along sounds like heaven

• Susan
    Master March 2015
    Susan ·
    • Flag

I looked at lots of websites and only 1 in person. Pictures I thought were pretty do NOT do it justice. It is stunning!, Have looked at 1 reception hall and going to try the food at a tasting event before I check out more. Nice lady and they are not going to nickle and dime us for everything. If they have it ( arches, lighted cake stand, uplighting etc.) it is included at no additional fee.

Comment on this discussion