kylie.monika
Devoted June 2015

Venue price tag

kylie.monika, on August 5, 2014 at 4:00 PM Posted in Planning 0 60
Saved Save

Just curious - what are you ladies spending on your venue? What does it look like and what do you really love about it?

I'm starting to realize places around here aren't nearly as affordable as I thought and I'm having a hard time justifying the price!

60 Comments

• Lisa
    VIP September 2014
    Lisa ·
    • Flag

My venue is $9,995 for the entire weekend (Friday at 4pm to Sunday at 11am). However, there are 20 guest rooms in the lodge and we get a credit back on that amount for any rooms that are booked. We have all 20 booked at $119 a night so that is $4,760 off the $9,995 for a total of $5,235. Which is right around the price of similar or slightly fancier venues in my area on they only provided 5 hours...not the whole weekend.

Edit: This price includes 18 acres to ourselves, the tent, a large firepit, chairs, tables, linens, breakfast in the mornings, and an indoor hot tub area. It does not include catering, cake, etc...It's just north of Boston.

• Happily Engaged
    Super September 2014
    Happily Engaged ·
    • Flag

We're paying close to $5500. This includes everything we need (catering, chairs, tables, linens, the cake). Bonus is the cake is provided by my favorite bakery. I'm in Maryland.

*edited for location

• FutureMrsPrada
    VIP April 2015
    FutureMrsPrada ·
    • Flag

Our venue alone is $3190 for 5 hrs.

Everything included is coming out to $15,000. Thats for a total of 150 guest and including open bar and 5 course meal.

• Samantha
    VIP August 2014
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

My venue was $3,248 including caterer and decor but the place is pretty small...their max capacity is 120 without a dance floor

• Kylene
    VIP October 2014
    Kylene ·
    • Flag

"Venue" price is $3500 ... that includes 11am - 11pm, all tables, linens, chairs, plates, silverware, glasses, centerpieces we can use ... a brunch the day of the wedding for bridal party/family, "bar" food at the end of the night (sliders, wings, fries, salad, etc), $500 toward our cake with one of their approved bakeries, $500 toward our DJ with one of their approved DJs, invitations from their invitation provider, and access to their 4-person wedding team for planning and a day-of coordinator.

It's owned by a caterer so we have to do food/drinks through them, which is where it gets a little pricey. All in all, we paid about $15,000 for 100 guests. That includes our buffet with four entree choices, two veggie sides, a starch, and salad, as well as an appetizer during cocktail hour and a bottomless wine/beer bar. It'll go up a little bit as we're probably going to end up with more guests than that, but that's where we stand right now.

• Lady Firefly
    Master October 2014
    Lady Firefly ·
    • Flag

I think it depends on what is included that can justify the cost such as catering, planner or coordinator, tables, linens, etc

Ours is $1500 for ceremony space and reception space for an hour... Our wedding is small DW with no more then 25 guests. Catering and the cake is an additional cost.

• KM
    Master March 2015
    KM ·
    • Flag

Around $10,000...includes everything besides cake, DJ, photog and flowers. I would list everything it does include, but that list is endless. My favorite features are the on-site spa, bridal room, and enough 5 star accommodations for all of my guests (not included in the price). We're having 75 guests.

• Marina
    Super March 2016
    Marina ·
    • Flag

Where I plan to do is about $14,000 that's including taxes, and gratuity. Linens, chiavari chairs, ceremony, 5 stations buffet dinner, premium open bar all night drinks, cocktail hour and cake

and for 100 people.

Roughly about $112 per person (plus tax and gratuity)

• MelissaC
    Master January 2015
    MelissaC ·
    • Flag

Ours is between $25k - $29k. We won't know until we know who is going to be coming and what they are eating so it can fall anywhere in that range. It's a beautiful historic 1920s-ish hotel in downtown San Antonio and we are having our whole wedding there and are renting out three different areas (2 rooms and a huge separated part of the lobby) for our wedding. They will provide our catering and tables, linens, and chairs for both the ceremony and reception. We just fell in love with the whole hotel, it's so beautiful and full of character!

• Pancakes
    Master October 2015
    Pancakes ·
    • Flag

Northeast Ohio -

$50 a person. Includes tax and tip. Includes all linens, serve ware, two appetizers, family style dining with salad, what we choose for the meals, desserts and local bakery cake, bartenders, security officer and they are including an ice sculpture for free because we booked with their preferred DJ.

It's called "The Crystal Room" at this party center (two rooms total) and it's slightly dated but the crystals all over are nice. Bar is separate but not too separate, and a space for the photobooth to be in sight but not in the way. The price tag was a lot nicer than anywhere else, too!

• 8815wedding
    VIP August 2015
    8815wedding ·
    • Flag

We luckily only have to pay a small price for the ceremony site fee and valet parking, the rest of the venue rental is "free." But since it's also a restaurant, we have to cater through them, which comes out at $150/person. Then again, it is NYC so I'm actually pretty happy with the price we are paying.

• kristenann
    Master October 2014
    kristenann ·
    • Flag

Our room rental fees are fairly cheap- $750, but that's just the room. Food, alcohol and cake, after taxes and gratuity, comes to $198 a person. I prefer not to do the math to get a total cost because I may throw up.

• KM
    Master March 2015
    KM ·
    • Flag

Kristenann...$198 per person. I just puked in my mouth a little.

• C
    Master June 2015
    ChampagneDream ·
    • Flag

We negotiated the $2300 rental fee down to $0. Success.

We're still paying for catering and all that good stuff, but $2300 back in our account is a win in our book.

• SunshineJenn
    Master August 2014
    SunshineJenn ·
    • Flag

If you don't count our travel costs, we are only spending about 4K on our venue. That includes the open bar and buffet dinner, as well as the DJ that I sourced from outside the resort. Of course that's with 17 people, so it comes out to $235/guest, so my average is a lot higher, even though I'm spending much less.

However, we would not be able to use this venue if we didn't travel there as a group. So there is that.

• MOTG Clayton & Shelby
    Dedicated May 2015
    MOTG Clayton & Shelby ·
    • Flag

Our Venue is 3000 and we take it over at 5pm on Thursday and give it back at 5pm on Sunday. We are using it for rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception.

• rusticbride
    Master May 2014
    rusticbride ·
    • Flag

We spent $2500 on a venue.

• Northern MN
    Master November 2014
    Northern MN ·
    • Flag

Venue is free...but it comes with minimums for food/beverage ($10,000 min). Our ceremony venue is free except for a 3 dollar per chair charge.

We got lucky...we are doing ours in the off season. In the peak season it is roughly $3,000 per room you use (plus minimums) ...and we are using a lot of rooms during our wedding weekend. We were also able to get them to drop the lodging room rates dramatically being it was off season for the wedding.

We will need to provide decor, and dj, officiant, photography, videography, make up/hair vendors...everything else is included.

I am in Northern MN at a HUGE lodge and cabin resort.

• DisneyNut
    Master October 2014
    DisneyNut ·
    • Flag

OK I am so thankful for my parents church right now. Chapel and fellowship hall for the ceremony and reception is $150!!!!! We have full access the day before to decorate and the day of.

• Mary
    Super February 2015
    Mary ·
    • Flag

Our venue is on the less expensive side. We are spending $910 for a huge hall (newly renovated) and the whole outside area is ours to use how we please. This includes tables and chairs, enough for both reception and ceremony. I also paid for additional set up and tear down help. This does not include catering or anything like that; just the blank space with tables/chairs. Not too bad considering everything else is costing me more!

Comment on this discussion