Kenzie
Dedicated March 2019

Veil

Kenzie, on October 22, 2018 at 8:28 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 22
Saved Save
My dress just came in (yay) but the company informed me that the manufacturer doesn’t make veils that match the color (moscato).
Have any of you ordered veils online and did they turn out nice? I was looking on Etsy, but I’m just nervous to purchase things online without seeing them.

22 Comments

• Janae
    Devoted June 2019
    Janae ·
    You could ask different shops for swatches. These are generally free. I received free swatches and will be checking how they match against my dress before I make my final veil decisions.
  • Kenzie
    Dedicated March 2019
    Kenzie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh! Great idea. Wouldn’t have even thought of that.
  • Brittany
    Beginner October 2018
    Brittany ·
    I ordered mine from jjshouse.com in the ivory color (my dress had ivory in it) and it worked perfectly and was seriously only 10 dollars. I just wanted a plain long one and didn’t see the point in spending a ton of money on something I’d wear for 10 minutes! I’m not sure what other color options they have but you should check them out. It took forever to arrive because I’m sure it comes from China.

Veil 1
  • Kenzie
    Dedicated March 2019
    Kenzie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    It looks gorgeous! Plus nothing to lose with ten $!
  • B11
    Super May 2019
    B11 ·
    I’m going to order mine from Blanca Veils on Etsy. I ordered the color swatches for a few dollars and we were able to find a perfect match! She has tons of amazing reviews and they’re not expensive at all!
  • Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·

Hi Kenzie! The others give some great feedback here in this thread! I have heard great things about Blanca Veils on Etsy and JJs house, too. Asking for swatches to best match your dress is a really smart idea.

Your moscato colored wedding dress sounds so pretty!

• Brittany
    Devoted March 2019
    Brittany ·
    I ordered mine from veiled beauty on Etsy. The owner of the shop messaged me so I could share a picture of my dress and she custom made it for me based on what i wanted and what looked good with my dress. She also has swatches and is super responsive. My veil completely exceeded my expectations and I can’t wait to wear it!

Veil 2
  • Kenzie
    Dedicated March 2019
    Kenzie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m biased I’m sure but it’s stunning 😍😍😍
  • Kenzie
    Dedicated March 2019
    Kenzie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    It’s GORGEOUS!
  • Jaci
    Dedicated November 2018
    Jaci ·
    My dress is cream and my veil is ivory and it looks gorgeous. I've seen the look around and love it for myself.
  • Kenzie
    Dedicated March 2019
    Kenzie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I might just find one that “goes” too!
  • Brittany
    Beginner October 2018
    Brittany ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! And exactly, it was almost the same price as Etsy swatches 🤷🏼‍♀️ So if you find one you think you might love I’d say go for it
  • Ashley
    VIP December 2018
    Ashley ·

Blanka Veils is amazing! They're on etsy but also have their own standalone website- they have a really wide variety of colors and their swatches are super cheap. Good price and great quality!

• Sunny
    Devoted October 2019
    Sunny ·
    I just posted about them in a previous thread but blancaveils.com is high quality and affordable- they have many different colors and will send you swatches! I brought them to my dress apt. and was able to pick the perfect match. (Cathedral length, super wide, single tier-$70!)
  • Kenzie
    Dedicated March 2019
    Kenzie ·
    That sounds lovely, and affordable! Thank you
  • Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    View Quoted Comment

In this case, it's definitely more than okay to be biased

• Kenzie
    Dedicated March 2019
    Kenzie ·
    Thanks everyone for your comments and ideas
  • alysmw
    Devoted March 2019
    alysmw ·
    View Quoted Comment

That looks so good! What length did you order?

• Brittany
    Beginner October 2018
    Brittany ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! This is the one I got! (Screenshot) cathedral length

Veil 3
  • Brittany
    Beginner October 2018
    Brittany ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Also, for some reason the order had “with lace” in the title but that was a typo by them. The veil does not have lace (nor did I want lace on my veil)

Comment on this discussion