We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

K
Dedicated September 2018

Veil?

Katie, on June 6, 2018 at 5:13 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 8
Saved Save
We are almost 3 months away until the wedding, so I know this is EXTREMELY late thinking about wearing a veil. I always thought I wouldn't, but now I am considering it. I need to get my dress altered anyways and since I've lost about 20-30 lbs since buying it, I was playing around with the idea of using the scraps to either make one myself or see of the seamstress would make one. What do you guys think? And what has everyone here done for veils? 😊

8 Comments

• ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride ·
    • Flag
    3 months isn't too late but it is kinda cutting it close. I would suggest going to a bridal boutique with your dress and trying on some of the veils that they have to see if you like the look of one.

I will most likely order mine online.
  • C
    Master July 2018
    Cuoghi ·
    • Flag
    Totally not too late for a veil! You can easily make one for so cheap or your seamstress can. Or buy one at a store or etsy.
    You do need to get a rush on your alterations though. Congrats on the weight loss!
  • K
    Dedicated September 2018
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I know, every time I would look into it they would either be too booked to do alterations or I wouldn't hear back. ): Finally think I've got someone that will do it. I know my friends grandma made hers and I've always been close with her and happy with her work, so I may just have the fabric and everything for her and see if she can make it. Thanks for your input!
  • K
    Dedicated September 2018
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks for your input! I might look for some online as well.
  • MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal ·
    • Flag

Depending on what you want, a simple cut-edge tulle veil is SO easy to make and super inexpensive. I've literally made them in 30 minutes or less. And, with regular tulle and a hair comb, you can make them for less than $10. Google directions/diagrams.

• S
    Super May 2020
    Shari ·
    • Flag

I bought mine on Amazon for $28. We're 3 months out, as well.

• OrangeCrush
    Super October 2017
    OrangeCrush ·
    • Flag

I would go to Amazon or LightintheBox to look for veils. 3 months? Heck I bought my wedding dress off Amazon six weeks before my wedding, lol!!

• Liana
    VIP March 2017
    Liana ·
    • Flag

If you can make it or if they can make it that's great. I got mine on Aliexpress and it turned out beautiful.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles