Rebecca
Master October 2025

Valentine's Day with your fiancé(e)! What are your plans?

Rebecca, on February 12, 2019 at 2:05 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 24
Saved Save

Do you and your fiancé(e) have anything special planned for Valentine’s Day? Do you two go all out to celebrate or do you keep it low-key? Or do you two find it overrated and skip the whole thing? What are you and your fiancé(e) doing for Valentine’s Day?

Valentine's Day with your fiancé(e)! What are your plans? 1

Photo from Dion’s in Albuquerque, NM

woe_mEcVqlWgIsVsCv2tFqPcV5qEU8vixVU-kwdX

Spread the love in these community discussions: Fiancé(e) Friday! What was your first impression? Was it love at first sight?, Was asking your parents for their blessing before the proposal important to you?, & What do you love most about your future spouse?

24 Comments

• Peggy
    Master November 2019
    Peggy ·
    This is our fourth valentines and honestly I just want low key. I think we’ll go out to eat, I got him a present and I think he may have gotten me tickets to something bc he asked me about my calendar without explanation. But the first year he broke up with me a week after, the second year we went on this huge trip, and the third year he asked me my ring size and then got me earrings instead and I had to pretend to like them while I was secretly crying. I don’t want any drama this year just us enjoying each other!
  • Justine
    Super July 2019
    Justine ·

We are keeping it low-key this year (especially since last year we splurged since we had gotten engaged the same week). We will probably cook dinner together at home. But on Friday night we are going bowling with our best friends for a double date!

• Abby
    VIP March 2019
    Abby ·
    We are doing relatively low key! We went out to dinner on Saturday and are counting that as our Valentine's Day dinner and on the actual day we're going to go see a movie using a gift card we were given at Christmas haha!
  • Tara
    Master May 2020
    Tara ·
    Low key, we are going out two days later on this upcoming Saturday to a seafood restaurant for lunch.
  • Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·

We normally go pretty low key, but exchange gifts. After discussing it, this year we decided to omit gifts with all of the upcoming wedding stuff. Therefore, we will be ordering in crab legs and shrimp from our local grocery store to have a nice meal at home with our daughters. The expensive dinner is our gift to each other.

• Lizzy
    Super October 2019
    Lizzy ·
    We are celebrating our 3 year anniversary by going to a place he's been dying to try for a while now
  • Clara
    Dedicated August 2019
    Clara ·

I guess we usually make yummy steaks at home because it's madness trying to go to a restaurant. We just aren't big fans of Valentine's Day in general. No gifts but sometimes cards.

• Nisa
    Super March 2019
    Nisa ·

My hair and makeup trial is on Valentine's Day! I couldn't believe that they had an opening but I jumped at it, because I might as well make use of being all glammed up! We will be going out to dinner, nothing too major since it's a weeknight.

• Lex
    VIP September 2019
    Lex ·
    We’re working 😭
    But I’m taking him out the day before for his birthday/ valentines dinner because we worked on his birthday too
  • Rayna
    Devoted July 2019
    Rayna ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I went on the emotional rollercoaster just reading this 😂😭😩 Low key sounds good lol
  • Rebecca
    Master October 2025
    Rebecca ·
    View Quoted Comment

That's a great idea!!

What movie are you two going to go see?

• Cristy
    Rockstar May 2020
    Cristy ·

Low key, as we both have to work the next day, and we don't want to spend a crazy amount of money because of the wedding. So, he's taking me out for sushi (YUM!!). We both love it, but don't go very often because of the price! But for this day, we decided it was ok.

• Amanda
    Master December 2020
    Amanda ·
    We are just going to go watch a romantic comedy and eat at home witha bottle of wine and a fire ♡
  • Gabrielle
    Dedicated October 2019
    Gabrielle ·

He got us tickets for the ballet! I'm so excited

• Marissa
    Dedicated June 2019
    Marissa ·
    Not my picture got off Pinterest. I was going to do the senses gifts. A gift for every sense! Because it doesn’t make Sense to live without him right?!
  • Abby
    VIP March 2019
    Abby ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I believe we're going to go see Happy Death Day 2 haha!
  • Peggy
    Master November 2019
    Peggy ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol! Also I forgot to mention that last year he did make dinner reservations but I had the flu so we went anyway bc I didn’t want to ruin it but then I was so sick!
  • Anonnn
    Dedicated May 2020
    Anonnn ·
    We celebrate a whole week later every year! All prices are raised and it’s hard to get in everywhere. We’re totally fine celebrating late.. and we’ll prob binge in some movies and get takeout. Trying to budget for the wedding!
  • Lc
    Super September 2018
    Lc ·
    We both work this year, so we had our Valentine’s Day this past weekend. We went to the city for an auto show & went to a nice dinner after, it was great! Quality time is always the best gift. And food, always food.
  • Cherish
    Dedicated May 2019
    Cherish ·

We are going into the city and getting massages, going to the aquarium (my FAVORITE), and going to the sugar factory!

Comment on this discussion