MrsV1027
Master October 2018

Unplugged Pros

MrsV1027, on November 17, 2018 at 10:44 AM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 10
Saved Save

While watching a movie just now they advised all the parents at a kids recital that there were professional photographers and videographers and asked them to all put their phones away and be in the moment. Of course none of them listened and all you could see was cell phones, tablets and cameras. It made me that much more thankful for our unplugged ceremony. I love seeing the reactions on peoples faces when they saw me come down the isle and when the ceremony was going on. They were all in the moment and we have beautiful pictures without a need for cell phone pics.

So if you are considering doing it I highly recommend it.

I can't imagine how different these would be if we didn't do unplugged.

Just look at MIL's reaction with no cell phone in the way and SIL and BIL in the background are totally in the moment

Unplugged Pros 1

My mom was upset she couldn't have her phone out. I'm glad she couldn't because she was in the momentUnplugged Pros 2

All smiles. No distractions Unplugged Pros 3

10 Comments

• Stephanie
    Super August 2019
    Stephanie ·
    I am considering an unplugged ceremony and am torn, because I also would love some photos to tide me over until we get our pro pics. But your pics are beautiful and definitely influencing me to go unplugged!! Your MIL’s face is priceless!
  • Amarriedmann
    Expert June 2019
    Amarriedmann ·
    My own mom is one of the main reasons we’re going unplugged. She’d have her phone whipped out, blocking her face. And taking TERRIBLE video to boot! 🤣

Your MIL reaction is one of the best pics I’ve seen. I went to a cousins destination wedding recently and had a hard time seeing past other’s screens. Drove me nuts as a guest! Oh, and CONGRATS!
  • Gen
    Rockstar June 2019
    Gen ·
    I totally agree with this! Thanks for shari g
  • MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you When I saw the pic of MIL I almost cried. I feel so much love from her and she's called me her DIL since the day I met her. I couldn't have asked for a better MIL

• MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    View Quoted Comment

Waiting was sooooo worth not having cell phones all over the pictures. I know my mom and she would have had hers up and taking crappy pics the entire time. The pics my mom sent me from getting ready were so disappointing so I'm really glad she didn't take any during the ceremony to post on FB for people to see.

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    I agree! We did this too. Your guest & family photos say it all. Those are once-in-a-lifetime photos to have! 😍
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    We forgot to tell one guest about our unplugged ceremony & cocktail hour (any other time was fair game for paparazzi!). But during our welcome speech at cocktail hour that guest stood in front of us with her freakin iPad in our faces... none of which came out anyway, and she blocked our photographer’s view. Ugh.
  • Melissa O'
    Devoted April 2019
    Melissa O' ·
    You've decided for me to have an unplugged ceremony and cocktail hour. I took pics at my niece's ceremony last year and none of them were worth it.

The pics above are so inspirational. Thank you.
  • Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·

Wow, thank you so much for sharing! These reactions are priceless and absolutely amazing!

• Jayla
    Champion October 2025
    Jayla ·

Love these photos!!! I personally feel like without my phone I can really enjoy the moment, no matter what the occasion or event is!

Comment on this discussion