Kristen
Beginner April 2016

Unique wedding favors for guests

Kristen, on February 21, 2016 at 6:42 PM

Posted in Planning 83

Does anyone have any ideas for unique wedding favors to give to guests. Something cooler than a candle or wine glass with our names on it. Thanks.

Does anyone have any ideas for unique wedding favors to give to guests. Something cooler than a candle or wine glass with our names on it. Thanks.

83 Comments

• CrystalQueenB
    Master August 2016
    CrystalQueenB ·
    • Flag

We ordered tropical favor boxes filled with candy.

• Brandy
    Beginner April 2016
    Brandy ·
    • Flag

Our reception has a slight carnival theme, so we're doing mini gumball machines, filled up with colored Sixlets. They double as our place card holders as well.

• Mrs. Nicole
    Master May 2016
    Mrs. Nicole ·
    • Flag

Every wedding I've been to in the past five years? The bride and groom were shoving boxes of multiple favors on the last few guests trying to get rid of them.

Specifically, mix CDs of love songs, coozies, coasters with their wedding date/name on it, stale smores ingredients in a box, etc.

So we're skipping them.

• W
    Just Said Yes July 2016
    Whitney ·
    • Flag

Our theme is winery/brewery at bowling/bocce ball restaurant, so my dad is making stained glass candle holders (red and white chip glass) that double as part of the table decor. It's a lot of work, but he volunteered! It's also something personal and completely unique. We will have little carry bags at each place setting and a friend will make sure everyone takes one on their way out.

• Future Mrs.P
    Expert December 2016
    Future Mrs.P ·
    • Flag

We was originally going to do mini Crown Apple bottles , but the other day I'm considering Mini Bamboo Plants.

• Nonna T
    Master April 2014
    Nonna T ·
    • Flag

These Murano glass photo holders double as place card holders. Not a one was left behind Smiley smile

• sjd85
    Super October 2015
    sjd85 ·
    • Flag

We had pint glasses (with our names on it); our guests loved them.

• AG13
    VIP April 2016
    AG13 ·
    • Flag

I am doing cotton candy and also dog treat bags for everyone to bring home to their pups if they have any. We will also have koozies at the bar but those are just for whoever wants them.

• BicycleBuiltForTwo
    Master September 2016
    BicycleBuiltForTwo ·
    • Flag

We're doing bags of coffee beans that say "the perfect blend" and bags of herbal tea that say "love is brewing". We LOVE coffee and tea, and we're having a coffee and tea bar at the wedding, so it just fit! Guests can choose to go with coffee or tea.

• Nancy Taussig
    January 2020
    Nancy Taussig ·
    • Flag

For those of you doing the key bottle openers, are you doing a reading about keys in your ceremony?

• GlassGiraffe
    Expert October 2016
    GlassGiraffe ·
    • Flag

Food always goes over well, but otherwise you have to know your crowd. Our wedding is in New Orleans and everyone here has that one cabinet full of plastic cups from Mardi Gras parade throws. It's almost a given that a Nola wedding has plastic tumbler cups from the wedding as the favor. Go with food, something regional, or something unique to you guys! ETA: it is also ok etiquette to skip favors altogether and use the money elsewhere!

• Kait
    Savvy August 2016
    Kait ·
    • Flag

I would skip it, but my family and FH's family thinks its weird to not do anything -- we're going with an edible option since I agree that trinkets are a waste of money. We'll probably be doing S'mores. It goes along with our wedding as we're getting married in the summer in a beach town and having a welcome bonfire the night before.

• tjacob2014
    VIP April 2017
    tjacob2014 ·
    • Flag

Thanks to @JerseyJen I'm thinking we might also do chocolate covered Oreos....Zazzle has some cool ones!! Don't mind the box in the middle, couldn't get it to go away

• Alyssa
    Just Said Yes June 2018
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

The only thing we will for sure be having is koufetta (jordan almonds), as they are traditional for a Greek wedding and our reception will be on the small side. For our possible beach party I am thinking just a photo booth as there will be a lot of people and pretty casual, so we don't need traditional favors. Plus chocolate & food would not hold out well in July/August by the beach.

• Kimpy
    Super May 2016
    Kimpy ·
    • Flag

I ordered custom seed packets from ETSY and bought wildflower seeds. They are under $1 each and even if people don't take them, I know lots of people who would use them and I can always use extra in my back yard.

• Melissa847
    Super September 2016
    Melissa847 ·
    • Flag

Most people suggest something edible because most people won't get use out of anything else really. I'm doing plantable seed paper favors, they make them in heart shapes, and I got plastic favor bags to package them in.

• April
    Dedicated September 2016
    April ·
    • Flag

My fiancés family has been making maple syrup for many generations! We are doing small glass maple leaves filled with their maple syrup! I love gifts that are both meaningful and something guests want/will use!

• H
    Savvy April 2016
    Heather ·
    • Flag

We are doing hot sauce something my fh can't live with out and everyone could use

• AngelalaDe
    Expert May 2016
    AngelalaDe ·
    • Flag

These are ours. They are a heart shaped bottle opener that double as a name card holder.

• C
    Just Said Yes October 2016
    Calli ·
    • Flag

We are getting this fall with a sunflower theme and doing pumpkin pies instead of cake, so we decided on pumpkin and sunflower seeds in mini brown paper bags that I'm stamping with a pumpkin/sunflower depending on the seed inside.

Comment on this discussion