Caitlyn
Beginner October 2019

Uneven Bridal Party?

Caitlyn, on March 12, 2019 at 2:15 PM Posted in Planning 0 11
Saved Save

Hi guys! Has anyone planned/been to a wedding with an uneven amount of groomsmen and bridesmaids? He is only having 2, and I'd like to have more. I think all my girls will walk down alone, but any thoughts on placement at the ceremony? I'm thinking 5 girls. Any other ideas?

11 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

I've been to more weddings with uneven bridal parties than even. I'm not sure what you mean by placement at the ceremony? Typically they would just stand next to you, just the same as if the numbers were even.

• Caitlyn
    Beginner October 2019
    Caitlyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! Good to know! I just didn't know if anyone had seen anything creative instead of having 5 on my side and 2 on his, like alternating or all standing together, etc.

• Melissa
    VIP October 2018
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

It's more common than you think, and you don't have to make any special adjustments for their ceremony spot.

• Caitlyn
    Beginner October 2019
    Caitlyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I saw some cute ideas of all the party surrounding the couple instead of formally on one side. I like that, too! Thank you for your advice!

• Stacy
    Savvy April 2019
    Stacy ·
    • Flag
    I have three and he has two. I think it will be fine! I was concerned at first but not as worried now.
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I was in a wedding in 2071 with 2 more BM than GM. Our wedding has 1 more GM than BM! I'm not sure what you mean on placement? Ours will just be normal, girls on my side and men on his.

• Caitlyn
    Beginner October 2019
    Caitlyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yeah, that might be what we do. I've just seen some cute placement of the party spread out around the couple instead of formally "his side" and "her side."

• Justine
    Super July 2019
    Justine ·
    • Flag

Our bridal party is uneven! I have 8 girls, and he has 6 guys!

• Emily
    Devoted December 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    It’s not uncommon for the sides to be uneven. My FH has six groomsmen and I have four people on my side (my man of honor and three bridesmaids).
  • Emily
    Devoted December 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    All of our wedding party are all just walking down alone because it is uneven.
  • Quinta Nikkole
    Dedicated May 2019
    Quinta Nikkole ·
    • Flag

In my wedding I will have 5 BM and FH will only have 3 GM. Im going to talk with my MH of having the guys already at the Alter and the girls walking in on there own.

Comment on this discussion