J
Dedicated October 2019

Underwater wedding

Jacquie, on May 1, 2019 at 2:18 PM Posted in Hair and Makeup 0 10
Saved Save
I need any advice I can get for hair and makeup for pictures for my under water wedding ceremony and beach reception to follow!

10 Comments

• Summerbride77
    VIP July 2019
    Summerbride77 ·
    How long is the break between the underwater ceremony and the reception? I are you planning to do hair and make up between the two (I'm assuming you won't want to done before you go under water). I would just have your photographer arrived when / where you plan to do hair and makeup
  • J
    Dedicated October 2019
    Jacquie ·
    The photographer is a friend and she will be with us the entire day. And we will be having pictures taken while out on the water on the boat and having maybe and hour or 1 and half hours between. I will be changing clothes between as I won't be in my dress for the underwater part. Plus I will be busy with vendors and set up between I may only have a few mins of time to touch up hair and make up not a lot for redoing the hole thing. And I will also have to take care of my dive gear between with rinsing the salt water off of it and hanging to dry to keep it from getting damaged. I really am trying to find a way to do it before going out on the boat.
  • J
    Dedicated October 2019
    Jacquie ·
    The ceremony part is probably going to be 1 dive and then some underwater photos for a second dive, we have the boat and are on the water for 4 hours. And reception is to start around 530ish or 6pm not for sure I have to look back at my invites
  • Jessica
    VIP October 2019
    Jessica Online ·
    I'm confused.. How would you be able to get it done before then go under water? Honest question..
  • J
    Dedicated October 2019
    Jacquie ·
    I am looking for help on makeup that would work so I can and for my hair I plan on doing a tight braid or multiple braids.
  • J
    Dedicated October 2019
    Jacquie ·
    I have swam with braids before and it might get a little loose following but not much and I may wear some kind of head band too that is white so I do t need hair help as much as I do the makeup.
  • Jessica
    VIP October 2019
    Jessica Online ·
    View Quoted Comment
    It sounds like a really cool idea.. Hoping you can find someone good! 💞
  • Stephanie
    Super June 2019
    Stephanie ·

There's a foundation I came across called Cargos swimmables sold at Khol's for $17 right now, normal $34 and it is water and sweat proof. An eyeliner I can recommend is Stila, it takes a lot for it to come off. As far as Mascara, I'd go with any of the Maybelline volume ones, especially the Coral bottle with the green wand, that's heavy duty. For lipstick, Id use Maybelline's Color stay, I promise it will stay! And double seal using Urban Decay's all nighter setting spray.

Hope this helps!

• J
    Dedicated October 2019
    Jacquie ·
    Thanks for that info
  • Sarah
    Expert September 2019
    Sarah ·
    I don't have any ideas for you but I just have to say your wedding sounds Awesome!

Comment on this discussion