LaurenVictoria
Super October 2013

Two weeks!!! How are the October brides doing?

LaurenVictoria, on September 29, 2013 at 9:07 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 28
Saved Save

There are two weeks until my wedding!! Seriously, when did that happen? That means I only have one more free weekend left. I have so many things to still get done! Dj must play list, some DIY things, sending in payments, boxing everything up (centerpieces, etc) for the venue... I better get a move on it. How are my October brides?!

28 Comments

• AshleyG2013
    Devoted October 2013
    AshleyG2013 ·
    • Flag

I have 20 more days....I am nervous. I think I am more nervous about something going wrong in the next few weeks than I am of actually getting married lol.

• ... just add coffee
    VIP October 2013
    ... just add coffee ·
    • Flag

Date twins! 2 weeks for me as well!

I'm SO excited. I have a few things to get done but everything seems to be falling into place. Smiley smile

I'm going to pick up my dress tomorrow from the seamstress with my mom. Very excited about that!

• May
    VIP October 2013
    May ·
    • Flag

20 days here! FH is sick and I just woke up with a sore throat. OJ time for sure. At least this didn't happen a few days before!

We're applying for the marriage license on Wed and have to meet with the DJ to give him the list and final payment. One week before we have to drop off everything to the venue. Still have to finish gathering sand ceremony stuff. Yesterday I etched our initials and date into the frame we're using. Now I have to glue the panes in so the sand doesn't spill out.

• SoontobeMrsJ
    Dedicated October 2013
    SoontobeMrsJ ·
    • Flag

13 days here! Doing great, just finished my flowers for the mom's and grandma's yesterday. Going to order the keg this week and the food is in the works Smiley smile

Having a blast and I haven't hit bridezilla freak out mode yet (which I'm sure will happen once my mom arrives from out of town) lol

• Nicole S. (formerly Nicole C)
    Master October 2013
    Nicole S. (formerly Nicole C) ·
    • Flag

I woke up with a very sore throat today too... Better now than in 2 weeks but I have so much I wanted to do today- ugh.

Found out yesterday that our officiant can't make our rehearsal -_-

We have a lot we need to wrap up. But right now FH is making me soup and that's all I can think about lol

• MrsS2013
    Expert October 2013
    MrsS2013 ·
    • Flag

12 days here! Had a bachelorette party last nite, so I'm recovering today lol. Yesterday I started working on the yard signs for the.reception, got all the tulle I needed for decorating, bought tealights for the centerpieces, and finally found the red rose boutonniere for fh. Today is the best man's birthday so we're cleaning the house and I have to bake a cake. Next week we have to get all the beverages for the reception and any last minute things done. ... I'm feeling pretty good about everything! Can't wait to see all the Oct wedding pictures!

• Katie
    Expert October 2013
    Katie ·
    • Flag

Everyone but the alterations and food are paid. Final fitting is Thursday... I may freak out between now and then. I don't know why I'm so stressed, everything is done. Bridal shower is today though! Woo hoo. I do need to finish cleaning though (combo house warming so everyone gets to see the new house).

• HalloweenBride
    Master October 2013
    HalloweenBride ·
    • Flag

I'm waiting for the last of the RSVPs to come in, it shouldn't effect anything other than my table chart but there are a few people I really need to get back to me before I can do anything. They're do on Tuesday, I have like, at least 10 to get back yet. 10 out of 50. Ridiculous. My own flippin' sister hasn't even sent hers in yet!

Still need to select music. Need to practice dancing so we don't look like two junior high kids out there too.

I need to finish my card box, try on my dress now that I put the corset back in it, and put everything in one place.

Make wedding day timeline and send off the cleaning deposit for the venue. Buy the beer and wine. Buy a few select things for the candy buffet. Make tags for it. Ta-da.

Oh and my "bachelorette" is next weekend and I don't know anything about it at all. Like, I don't even know when I'm supposed to be ready for it or if I'm being picked up or need to take a train in if it's in the city, in the suburbs. Nothing. :/

• LaurenVictoria
    Super October 2013
    LaurenVictoria ·
    • Flag

@just add coffee -- I'm picking up my dress at the seamstress with my mom tomorrow too!!

You all seem so much less stressed than me haha. Today I plan to get lots done though Smiley smile I honestly do enjoy it all, even though I'm stressed at the same time.

Great job everyone, we're almost there!!! SO exciting!!

• Mrs G
    Super October 2013
    Mrs G ·
    • Flag

6 days left for me!! I can't believe it's almost here. I've got two small projects left right now...the card box (which FH and I are working on today) and typing up and printing out the seating chart list (which I also hope to have done today). But starting tomorrow I'm going to be busting my butt cooking all the food. I wish I would have taken this week off of work.

• Harley_Bride102813
    Super October 2013
    Harley_Bride102813 ·
    • Flag

29 days here!! (And have the cooties like some of you. UG! Feel better Ladies!!) We ended up going with the JOP on Friday so that takes some of the stress off. Am officially married already, but still doing the ceremony/ elopement the 29th. Sending off the deposits tomorrow since we had to start all over and fire the original planner last week. (Thank heavens we are doing a DE vs a big wedding for that reason alone!!) Need to finalize my flowers and start the last minute travel shopping as Hubs leaves 2 weeks from tomorrow for training, and I fly out 10 days later.

• Crystal A.
    Super October 2013
    Crystal A. ·
    • Flag

Well Im 56 people over than what i estimated just because family loves inviting everyone but FH is actually happy about it he thought no one would come i said with immediate fsmily alone we have 40 people so what was going on in your mind lol but im happy as long as hes not stressing just got to call and order more plates,cups,food,and favors ....definitely going to need more alcohol! Other than that doing ok for right now

• ... just add coffee
    VIP October 2013
    ... just add coffee ·
    • Flag

I'm stressing about my day-of timeline. I'll feel better after I talk to my hair/makeup person this coming Saturday when I go to get my color done.

My biggest stress at the moment is figuring out ceremony music. I cannot decide what to walk down the aisle to!

• LaurenVictoria
    Super October 2013
    LaurenVictoria ·
    • Flag

The music was (is) so difficult for me!! I'm still wavering about the reception entrance song...

• ... just add coffee
    VIP October 2013
    ... just add coffee ·
    • Flag

We have the reception entrance picked out because FH wanted to work a specific song into the whole night so I didn't care. I let him have that one. I have only heard it like once. lol.

But ceremony music is killing me! I want non-traditional. But, so many things make me ugly cry! I thought maybe I should pick something fun and more upbeat. I can't choose!

• LaurenVictoria
    Super October 2013
    LaurenVictoria ·
    • Flag

The ceremony music I had to think about for awhile too, but then I found the songs that I knew were the right ones and that was that. Unfortunately, I have a feeling I might cry but I loved the songs so much I don't even care.. I'm using Marry Me by Train for the bridal party processional and The Luckiest by Ben Folds for my processional. Our recessional is Home by Edward Sharpe.

• ... just add coffee
    VIP October 2013
    ... just add coffee ·
    • Flag

My first thought was Jason Mraz's I Wont Give Up but I just cannot make it through that song without crying. lol.

I'm leaning towards something from Harry Potter. I know that sounds nerdy. lol.

Our recessional song is an acoustic version of Shinedowns "I'll Follow You" which is one of FH's favorites.

It's going to be eclectic, I know that much. LOL

• Joanna G
    VIP October 2013
    Joanna G ·
    • Flag

Yay!!! I have 6 more days and I'm pretty muh done with everything. I have a few things left but I do have 3 days before the wedding so plan on doing all the last minute things then

• Leslie
    Devoted October 2013
    Leslie ·
    • Flag

27 more days for us! Anticipation's growing!!

• TheNewMrsT
    VIP October 2013
    TheNewMrsT ·
    • Flag

26 days here and I am starting to get really nervous about the weather, fingers crossed the weather in Punta Cana cooperates for our beach wedding!!!

Comment on this discussion