C
Dedicated July 2019

Too much color?

Caitlin, on October 2, 2018 at 5:57 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 21
Saved Save
We are planning a July 2019 lakeside wedding in Michigan. Our colors are mint/sage green, powder blue, and pale yellow. I’m going for a summery, romantic vibe that isn’t what you’d typically expect for a summer wedding. Our venue is pretty rustic and I’m worried it may be too much color.

The awatches pictures are the colors I chose for the bridesmaids (2 in each color), my dress is ivory lace, and the groom and groomsmen will be in navy. We plan to use lemons in the centerpieces for pops of color (not these exact centerpieces).

Thoughts?

Too much color? 1

Too much color? 2

Too much color? 3

Too much color? 4

21 Comments

• latasha
    VIP September 2019
    latasha ·
    • Flag
    I think this will look amazing for a wedding and especially against the nature background.
  • Futuremrs
    Dedicated May 2019
    Futuremrs ·
    • Flag
    I love it!
  • Kenisha
    Champion June 2019
    Kenisha ·
    • Flag

That is NOT too much color.

I think that that color combination is gorgeous!

• Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag

Hi Caitlin! I don't think this is too much color at all! They're all super pretty, summery, complimentary colors and will look great with your vintage, lakeside wedding! Smiley heart

I LOVE the idea of lemons in the centerpieces, too!

• Amarriedmann
    Expert June 2019
    Amarriedmann ·
    • Flag
    Perfect! Not too much color at all. I oftentimes think these rustic theme weddings - while beautiful - lack color. I say go for it!
  • Btbride
    Super August 2019
    Btbride ·
    • Flag
    It looks beautiful! You’re making me consider adding light blue to my yellow and green color scheme!
  • Mrs. Paula Esparza
    Expert October 2018
    Mrs. Paula Esparza ·
    • Flag

No way! It's perfect! I think that will look stunning. What a wonderful color scheme.

• C
    Dedicated July 2019
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    Thank you everyone! You are definitely helping ease my mind!! 😊💕
  • M.W.
    VIP June 2019
    M.W. ·
    • Flag

I love the centerpieces with the lemons.

• Nicole
    Expert May 2019
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    I think this is a great color combination. Will be great for a summer wedding
  • Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·
    • Flag

Hi Caitlin! I absolutely love the colors that you have picked out! I think that they are perfect for your venue and a July wedding! I also am obsessed with hydrangeas and think they would work so well with your wedding! I am so excited to see how this looks all together! What are you currently working on? What are you most excited to cross off of your wedding to-do list?

• C
    Dedicated July 2019
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    If you’re not too deep in planning you should!!
  • C
    Dedicated July 2019
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks, Sam! I also love hydrangeas and they will be everywhere at our wedding lol. I’m currently making the final flower decisions and locking down a DJ. I’m most excited to cross final guest list and save the dates off the list
  • Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's amazing! You seem like you are really on top of your planning, which is great! My favorite place to put hydrangeas is actually on a wedding cake! Here are a few pictures for inspiration:

Too much color? 5

Too much color? 6

I'm so excited to see what's next!

• C
    Dedicated July 2019
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s too funny, I have that exact first picture saved for the cake! I am thinking that I’ll do cupcakes as well

Too much color? 7
  • Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh my goodness, that is too funny! And WOW I love those cupcakes, they're so adorable! Smiley heart

• MD
    Super July 2019
    MD ·
    • Flag

I love this! I'm getting married in July too, but we're doing navy & peach for our main colors. I wish I would've thought of colors like you did. I love the lemon centerpiece, too! So unique, and still won't cost you much $$.

• NymphPoet
    Devoted October 2018
    NymphPoet ·
    • Flag

I love it! the lemons are a nice touch

• Morgan
    Devoted July 2019
    Morgan ·
    • Flag

I absolutely love this and this was originally my color palette for our rustic outdoor July 2019 wedding as well! Then there was talk of the barn being painted red so we changed it up!

But anyways..I LOVE THIS!

• Mrsgreen2Be
    Dedicated October 2019
    Mrsgreen2Be ·
    • Flag

Oooooo pretty. not too much. I have Red, White, Black, and Teal. As long as they go together and aren't clashing then its fine

Comment on this discussion