Vanessasaurus
VIP June 2019

Too much blue?

Vanessasaurus, on May 9, 2018 at 12:22 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 22
Saved Save

Hey everyone! I'm home from work very sick today, and just trying to work on some weddinng ideas until the pain subsides enough to sleep.

I would love your help with color ideas! We are going for a soft pastel look for our wedding and decided on blush and white roses with blue hydrangeas for the bride boquet and centerpieces, blush and white roses for the BMs, and white roses for the men. The men will be wearing indigo suits, and we were thinking of a soft sky blue for the BMs but.... is this too much blue? What color ties should the men wear.... soft sky blue or blush? Also, any ideas on what color table cloths we should go with considering this color scheme?

TIA

22 Comments

• DC Wife 10.27.18
    Master October 2018
    DC Wife 10.27.18 ·
    • Flag

I really like the blue with blush!

• Lucky
    Devoted October 2018
    Lucky ·
    • Flag

I love the blush and blue. I would go with cream or linen color for the table clothes.

• Preslee
    Expert May 2019
    Preslee ·
    • Flag

We're doing soft blue BM with navy suits! And we have a lot of white and blue and dusty greenery. I don't think so at all. But I wouldn't do blue linens

• Vanessasaurus
    VIP June 2019
    Vanessasaurus ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    For the ties, right? I think that blush ties tie it together the best but I am so bad at colors lol.
  • Vanessasaurus
    VIP June 2019
    Vanessasaurus ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ohhh I never thought of cream. That would be perfect for the soft look we're going for!
  • Vanessasaurus
    VIP June 2019
    Vanessasaurus ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That makes me feel a lot better bc I haven't seen it done much (which is also what draws me to the idea)! I love how greenery looks and it helps break up the color but FH was very obvious about not liking the look of a lot of greenery lol!
  • Preslee
    Expert May 2019
    Preslee ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We're pretty much only doing greenery! We only have flowers in the bouquets, I think it'll be beautiful whatever you decide. Your colors sound great! I Would definitely go for a cream or light gray colored linen

• Vanessasaurus
    VIP June 2019
    Vanessasaurus ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! That's going to look beautiful! I think my FH is the only person Ik who wouldn't love it lol!
  • Summer
    Super August 2018
    Summer ·
    • Flag

Doesn't sound like too much blue to me but I LOVE blue. I would just do neutral table cloths, white or cream, but maybe with blue or blush napkins.

• L
    Devoted June 2019
    Laurel ·
    • Flag
    Too much blue?? Never!! 😊
  • Jessi
    VIP December 2017
    Jessi ·
    • Flag

Your colors/scheme sound like mine almost! For the longest time I was going with blues/cream/blush but I kept running into feeling like sometimes i was ending up in baby shower territory (especially when I realized blush roses can actually end up really pink and when i was looking for blush linens.) I pulled the blush out and went with blues/cream/greens instead. And of course I’ll do pics now cause I just love them!

BouquetToo much blue? 1H’s suitToo much blue? 2One of my favorites!Too much blue? 3Centerpieces Too much blue? 4TableToo much blue? 5

• Vanessasaurus
    VIP June 2019
    Vanessasaurus ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I really like this idea! Been looking around Pinterest and I really like the pop of color the napkins give!

Too much blue? 6

Too much blue? 7
  • Vanessasaurus
    VIP June 2019
    Vanessasaurus ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I definitely share the fear of it looking baby showery or eastery, so I'm trying to mix in more neutrals to break up the pops of color. I love your inspiration but definitely going for a bit more of a summery vibe! Our roses are not a true blush, they are a bit of a lighter tone (I can't remember the weird name of the color lol) so that definitely helped it not be TOO pink.
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD Online ·
    • Flag

I think the darker blue suits with lighter blue bridesmaids dresses will look nice. We chose sky blue from Azazie for bridesmaids, and our groomsmen are going to wear tan. But I thought about dark grey and navy blue too! I think light blue ties would look nice next to the bridesmaids. You could do a tan table cloth maybe? Or a blush table cloth or even light grey?

• livelaughlove
    Dedicated August 2018
    livelaughlove ·
    • Flag

I think you should put the bridesmaids in blush. I do think it would be a lot of blue if your groomsmen and your bridesmaids are in blue. Or I have now seen bridesmaids wearing white.

Blush & BlueToo much blue? 8

Blush & BlueToo much blue? 9

Blue & BlueToo much blue? 10

Blue & BlueToo much blue? 11

FlowersToo much blue? 12

FlowersToo much blue? 13

• Noelia
    Devoted October 2018
    Noelia ·
    • Flag

Dusty Blue and BlushToo much blue? 14Color Suggestions Too much blue? 15

I hope these two pictures help with some colors schemes. I say any of the following would look nice with what you described on your post.

• A_Mart
    Super June 2018
    A_Mart ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Agreed! I think your colors sound great!

• Vanessasaurus
    VIP June 2019
    Vanessasaurus ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! Those inspo picks really go with our vintage style too! Would you go with blush or sky blue for the men's ties? I am soo stuck on that.
  • Jayla
    Champion October 2025
    Jayla ·
    • Flag

Hi Vanessa! Reading over your wedding colors/ideas and everything sounds great! I can totally envision this! I found this helpful photo of a real wedding with bridesmaids in light blue and the guys in Indigo suits. One thing I noticed was that their ties are a light shade of blue as well, but a step up from the bridesmaid dresses. I know the tie color can be a little tricky so hopefully, this helps!

Shades of blue bridal partyToo much blue? 16

Photo: Cloud 9 Photography

• Tara
    Master September 2018
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Such pretty inspo, love this color scheme and very uniqueSmiley love

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics