J
Beginner May 2020

Thoughts

Joselyn, on August 29, 2019 at 4:23 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 4
Saved Save
Have you ever just had to stop everything that you were doing because you all of a sudden felt unhappy? I felt like we had to stop and start fresh, even to the point where I changed our wedding date because I felt like we were not ready. Has anyone ever had this feeling?

4 Comments

• Kelly
    Super October 2019
    Kelly ·
    Not ready as a couple or not ready financial? What is making you so unhappy?

Honestly, planning the wedding is the most stressful thing I’ve ever done. But, I feel closer to my FH than ever. There are tons of things that I wished that we done differently - from doing a DW to not inviting a large portion of my family. But I’m super excited to be marrying my FH. I truly am more in love w/ him now than I was when I said yes.
  • J
    Beginner May 2020
    Joselyn ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I believe while planning the wedding the arguments increased a bit. Words were exchanged and at that moment I felt myself just losing the reason on why I wanted to get married (if that makes sense). We agree to start over leave the past behind but I felt like as a couple we are just not ready. Our wedding was set for 1.11.2020 and we moved it so that we can grow more together, and just learn each other more. This is something that happen recently so the wound is still there I just didnt know if I was going crazy for feeling this way or if you guys understand where I'm coming from

• Futuremrsmccormack
    Super February 2020
    Futuremrsmccormack Online ·

I mean, you probably don't want to hear this...but I felt this way about my first fiance. I ended up ending the relationship. I was having panic attacks and thoughts of "this isn't right" and felt so relieved when it was done.

I hope you're not at that stage, it's probably stress (finances can be a killer topic)! But know that you're not alone...

• J
    Beginner May 2020
    Joselyn ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! I felt the relieve to call off the wedding cause it was something that needed to be done. After taking our break I realized that maybe a fresh start would be worth it, so that's what we are working towards now. We will see how it goes and prayerfully we can work throw this, if not atleast we can say that we gave it another try. I am glad to know that I am not alone.

Comment on this discussion