We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Kelsey
VIP September 2020

This day is just not my day

Kelsey, on July 6, 2020 at 2:38 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 9
Saved Save

Well I found out today that my wedding coordinator at my venue left; she was laid off during COVID but I was told she would be coming back. Today the sales manager AKA my new coordinator emailed us to let us know he would be taking over. Since he has been handling things for awhile during the last few months I have been less than impressed. There have been times where I email him to ask him questions and I never hear back. The only time he answers questions is if my FH calls the venue. So this ought to be a fun planning experience. But I finally did get him respond when I said we need to have a meeting ASAP, because now it sounds like we might have to do a room flip due to spacing people out. I feel we shouldn't have to pay for this since we didn't need to pay for it originally. I'm just ready for my wedding and I'm over planning at this point. And to top it off my FSIL and her kids aren't coming to the wedding due to fighting between my FSIL, and her husband; which then turns into fighting between my FH and his sister because she chooses to take her anger out on her brother instead of being a healthy person and learning to deal with her anger. And here I sit at work sunburned and uncomfortable...

9 Comments

Latest activity by Jessica, on July 6, 2020 at 3:45 PM
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Gah that’s a lot happening ! I hope things work out with the venue
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Honestly I don't mind switching coordinators, the old one was a ditz. But it's just adding more stress that I really don't want to deal with right now.

• Jessica
    Rockstar September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    We’re getting married on the same daty!

Sorry there’s so much extra drama going on! So many things have had to change everywhere, but the venue should honor the contract to the best of their ability. Our buffet reception now has to be served, but our caterer isn’t charging is for extra staff- maybe because we have a minimum that’s impossible to meet with the capacity being limited to fifty. Good luck, hope you can work things out with the new coordinator.
  • Kristen
    Rockstar November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

I am sorry as that is super frustrating. I would maybe reach out the coordinator and let him know that you would appreciate he be more responsive to emails as that is starting to worry you. Also, as for the FSIL...that would suck if they do not come but you cannot control guests who attend and who do not. I think you two should stay out of her drama because that is exactly what it is. I am sending positive vibes and hope things get better.

• Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I have reached out to him and he said we can schedule something and to let him know my availability. So I did that, just waiting to hear back. I also called him out on not responding to some of my questions over the last few months, I'm not trying to be mean either when I do so but I'm not going to let something fall through the cracks. We have for sure tried to stay out of it; but it doesn't help when his sister sends edited text messages that my FH sends her then proceeds to send them to their dad and makes him look bad. I have been rather positive throughout this whole COVID thing but I'm getting tired of this stuff. I'm just ready to be married.

• Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We had to do the same thing for our buffet. We actually just had a meeting with our caterer on Friday to pick out appetizers and that went great. Thanks so much. I hope they do too. He seems like a nice guy, but I just don't like that it seems to get him to respond to my emails or phone calls my FH has to be the one to call him. That bugs me more than I want to admit.

• Kristen
    Rockstar November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh I am in the same boat where I like efficient communication with in at least 24-hrs on the work day. So that is not bad to expect that but he should know how brides are especially during this time. Even for the intimate ceremony I am doing I am double checking all back up plans and making sure I am good to go. Oh wow your FH should no longer text as she is using that for her gain and that is wrong. I do not blame you I would just want the day over too lol. You will be married and eventually all this stress will be done and you can start your life as his wife. Smiley smile

• Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I know I'm excited but all this other stuff I just don't like or want to deal with. I wouldn't even care if it was 48 hours to respond. but I have been sending him questions and I don't even get a response back. I thought about using my work email so I could start getting read receipts from them. But then changed my mind because I don't want them to have my work email.

• Jessica
    Rockstar September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I would be annoyed by that too, I don’t blame you. I’ve been the one to communicate with all of our vendors pretty much exclusively except the in person meetings, so if they won’t answer me we’re not getting anywhere. I’m sure you’ll get it worked out!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles