Anna
Just Said Yes July 2021

Themes?

Anna, on April 24, 2020 at 4:06 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 7
Saved

I am wanting a change in the theme. Does anyone got ideas?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Pirate & 60s Bride, on April 25, 2020 at 12:30 AM
  • Karla
    Super February 2020
    Karla ·
    • Flag
    What’s your current theme? Where’s your venue?
  • Anna
    Just Said Yes July 2021
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I was going for rustic but then I changed my mind. I don't have a venue yet.

• M
    VIP January 2019
    Maggie ·
    • Flag

I would wait until you have a venue and let the venue guide your decoration. You will save so much money and stress if you don't try to shoehorn a look or a theme or decorating style into a venue, but instead work with it to just add any little touches that are needed.

• Karla
    Super February 2020
    Karla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ahh, okay. I definitely agree with PP— try to find a venue first to help set the theme.

I mean you can turn any venue into anything, but it’ll definitely be less expensive if you find one first. Then you can use existing details and decor within the venue to match a theme.
  • Natalie
    Devoted December 2021
    Natalie ·
    • Flag
    Pinterest will be your best friend in finding a theme you love!
  • J
    Master 0000
    Judith ·
    • Flag
    Themes are hard if you don't yet have a venue. But choosing characteristics you want can help you look at venues, and say, how would we make that happen here. Romantic, soft fabrics, many shades of color , nothing hard or boldly contrasting. Or very Art Deco or Beaux-arts, a room with period furniture, very ornate. Or elegant and formal fit for a princess. Or sparkly as a swanky night spot, show biz touch. That can guide you to look for old mansions, or rooms and courtyards of a small museum, or a whole medium size restaurant room you would decorate as a night club. Getting a specific theme , I want a shipboard formal dinner, like a cruise ship of Titanic era; or a garden party with an English country house look; or modern and sleek as inside a space station; these are very limiting and will cause you to reject many places on looks alone. Are you most sociable in your yard, or at a day down by the lake? Do you look forward to very rare nights out clubbing? Like sitting around on couches or around small tables like a cafe? Choose one of this kind of setting choice, then a mood, and see what venues are out there.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    If a theme doesn’t jump out at you, why not wait until you find a venue you like? You’ll know it when you see it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics