Rachele
Expert July 2020

Theme Ideas

Rachele, on October 5, 2011 at 3:54 PM Posted in Planning 0 11
Saved Save

I'm really stuck on how i would like the wedding to be this is my first wedding (PERIOD) so i never been to one and im nervous

I been thinking of a peacock theme or just blue/white but im open for any suggestions

HELP

11 Comments

• charlene
    Dedicated August 2012
    charlene ·
    • Flag

That's cute but it sounds like you would be more satisfied with a Mardi Gra type wedding. Golds and Bright colors. Plus it could be fun and elegant.

• Rachele
    Expert July 2020
    Rachele ·
    • Flag

Never thought of Madri Gra.....I'm a very vibrant person but my FH is so plain jane

things are going to be a little tricky to please both of us

• Jamie
    VIP August 2011
    Jamie ·
    • Flag

I think the peacock theme would be lovely if you both like that. And you could keep it subtle.

The cake may not be so subtle... but I love it!

• Jamie
    VIP August 2011
    Jamie ·
    • Flag

More ideas

• Genevieve
    Super May 2010
    Genevieve ·
    • Flag

I think it is best to decide on the "feel" of your wedding first then from there pick a theme and colors that fit. This also plays into the time of day you will have your wedding and the venue because it should all coordinate.

For example I wanted my wedding to feel elegant, formal, swanky, and vintage. So from there I chose truffle and green as my wedding colors with the overall theme being vintage.

My friend wanted to have a fun, relaxed wedding so she chose the colors tangerine (orange) and watermelon (fuschia).

Peacock says to me evening, formal, and vintage.

You should check out this blog to look for themes with your favorite colors: http://www.theperfectpalette.com/

Remember to ask your FH which colors he would like best, which colors he can't live with, and what he wants the wedding to feel like. My DH wanted a very formal fancy wedding and didn't want any purple or pink and he wanted to wear a black tux.

• Rachel W.
    Master May 2012
    Rachel W. ·
    • Flag

I agree with Genevieve. It has a lot to do with the overall mood and setting of your wedding. Have you chosen a venue yet? Will you marry indoors or out? Formal or relaxed? Just build from there.

• Rachele
    Expert July 2020
    Rachele ·
    • Flag

Those are some beautiful pics and ideas ..Thanks for the suggestions Ladies

Genevieve yeah i need to think of the feel and see what my FH can deal with and cant..I'm going to check out the link you suggested

• Sabrina
    Master November 2014
    Sabrina ·
    • Flag

You're still so far out... right now, get your basics... budget..... etc... start seeing what you like by browsing the inspiration boards....since its a summer wedding you can do pretty pastels.....whats your fave colors?

are you thinking more summer inspired or more evening elegant?!

here are some colorful summer-y ones

• VIP February 2020
    ·
    • Flag

I'm doing a peacock theme and have completly fallen IN LOVE with it!!!!!

So many fun things and I LOVE the colors.

• Julean
    VIP May 2011
    Julean ·
    • Flag

Oh I love the Mardi Gras idea! I looked up some pix...Now I think I want to do a Mardi-Gras theme for my birthday in January LOL

• Rachele
    Expert July 2020
    Rachele ·
    • Flag

Sabrina K. yeah i have plenty of time to pull it all together but im pretty set in my theme and my colors are royal blue /white

Leah P. Great minds think alike what are somethings you decide to do with the peacock or feathers

Julean A. I'm not going with a mardi gra them however i think it would be a lovely them for your bday or anybody birthday

Comment on this discussion