We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Maggie
Devoted November 2016

The pictures you WERENT expecting...

Maggie, on October 29, 2015 at 8:10 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 47
Saved Save

I got my pictures done a few weeks ago and first and foremost, my photographer did an AMAZING job and this is in no way a rant about him. But I was a bit shocked to see I just did NOT like the way I looked in them and they were almost discouraging to see. It was unseasonably warm that day and rain was coming, so throughout the outdoor session my hair got curlier... And frizzier... And frizzier... And I am now bummed out about the outfit that I chose. I did look at quite a few pictures and say "omg I love that!" But it just wasn't HOW I pictured myself looking. Let alone, the camera adds 10 lbs. in my face and my ass and my love handles. Each. Smiley winking sure a lot of this is all in my head, but did any other ladies have their pics come back and say, "awe man?"

I'll post my pictures once they are in a shareable format, hopefully tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'm fully able to share them or not, don't want to step on my photographers toes!

If for nothing else, they will make me work out!

47 Comments

• Samantha
    Devoted August 2016
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

I should be getting mine back very soon and am so worried about this Smiley sad I LOVE my photographer's work, but when she showed me one preview on her camera that day I remember thinking... Ugh why did I wear that/eat so much pizza this year? Oh well, like you said, wedding motivation!

• Soon2bMrsSoyka
    Super April 2016
    Soon2bMrsSoyka ·
    • Flag

We had ours done in August it was so hot that day and we did ALOT of walking so when I got the pics back I felt all the close up ones my face looked puffy red or just tired n worn out! I was disappointed we did get a lot of shots with sunset and the city in the background so I was happy about that.

• Jana
    Super April 2016
    Jana ·
    • Flag

Some I hated, but most I loved mainly because the backgrounds were so beautiful. I don't like myself in 98% in my pics so I went in with that frame of mind. I remember there was this one pic when we went to the studio to review on the big screen and I was thinking "OMG that pic is so ugly" and then it turned out it was FH's favorite pic. He thought I looked so hot. LOL! But I had no smile and all I saw was my big NOSE!!! Truth is I think we are our worst critic and I bet your pics look amazing!!

• Amanda Blue
    June 2020
    Amanda Blue ·
    • Flag

I'm sorry to hear that. I know what you mean. You had an idea on how you wanted to look in the photos, but they didn't turn on how you imagined. Happens to the best of us. Smiley smile

• KB
    VIP December 2015
    KB ·
    • Flag

About a week before our e-pics I went with a friend and had professional make up done as a semi-trial fun thing. I tried to copy exactly what she did the day we had our pics done. Everyone told me I looked great so I went in feeling super confident.

Then I saw the unedited photos and I looked orange. It was terrible. When we viewed them I couldn't see past the color of my face. The photographer fixed it and they are beautiful, but I was in shock for a few days.

• Corinne_
    Master September 2016
    Corinne_ ·
    • Flag

My photographer was definitely good as directing me (tilt your head a bit more etc), so those came out great, but on some I'm like 'Holy double chin!', and 'phew, my posture sucks' and 'oops, I guess I shouldn't bend my knees backwards when standing straight'. Overall I was happy with them, but it definitely showed me that I probably should work out before the wedding Smiley smile

• Maggie
    Devoted November 2016
    Maggie ·
    • Flag

This is making me feel so much better! Thanks ladies!

• Caitlyn
    Super December 2016
    Caitlyn ·
    • Flag

Photos are mostly a keepsake. You'll be happy to have them. It also captures a moment in time. Who knows how you will change in the future, but the pictures offer a good memory of that exact time in your life. =]

• Reggie
    Master September 2015
    Reggie ·
    • Flag

I don't like any of my wedding pics. I don't have my pro pics back yet so fingers crossed on those, but on the non pro pics it wasn't good. Why did no one tell me that one piece of hair was sticking straight up??

• Kiwi Kawaii
    Master August 2016
    Kiwi Kawaii ·
    • Flag

I'm sorry that happened. They are still memories for you to cherish! You can always get family photos done later.

I haven't done e-pics, but this summer before we got engaged we did family pictures. I basically had the same problem. It was hot and humid. My curls that were so nice died a frizzy death after 5 minutes outside (see my profile pic and the pics on my page for reference). On top of that my makeup melted off at the start of the session. Not literally, but it was kind of miserable to keep dabbing the sweat off my face after taking so long on my makeup. AND the cherry on top was that I got a dress just for the session that in the end was not flattering. I really looked much heavier than I thought I did. Since I don't have a lot of pics of me over the years, I feel like my face didn't look how I thought it did either.

I was just happy I only spent $25 or something like that. They weren't that great of photographers either. I had to edit all the color photos mysef, because they oversaturated the crap out of them. I am definitely going to do some things differently for my e-pics!

• AlexisM082
    Master February 2016
    AlexisM082 ·
    • Flag

Do you see the tuft of what you would think is extra fabric from my dress? That's my back boob. Those who know me in real life are aware of my back boobs. They should be at least. I sure am lol.

• Chasity
    Devoted August 2016
    Chasity ·
    • Flag

I love this little run of pictures we did with Cinderella's castle in the background, but how did nobody notice that my dress was tucked into my fat?? Lol. ETA I love our pictures and our photographer was wonderful.

• Katherine
    Devoted January 2016
    Katherine ·
    • Flag

Just an FYI to the ladies who posted photos - you are beautiful! Your flaws are literally the last thing I saw when looking at your photos and had to look HARD after reading your comments to even try to see what you are talking about Smiley smile

• ChildressAtLast
    VIP June 2016
    ChildressAtLast ·
    • Flag

When we got our pictures back from our original photographer, I looked at them and hated almost all of them. There are ones where I'm in a blue dress and because of the material and the fact that it was windy you can see every ripple, bulge and unflattering things. There are also a lot of us squinting because he had us facing direct sunlight. I think it's one of those things that happen to everyone

• Nugget Jamie
    Devoted August 2016
    Nugget Jamie ·
    • Flag

Ahhhh! This happened to me too! Literally just got our e-pics back today and FH and I looked at them all and said "hmph. Our photos look good but we do not" haha. Double chins everywhere! I'm hoping on a little teeny postcard for our save the dates no one will notice.

• Chasity
    Devoted August 2016
    Chasity ·
    • Flag

@naturegirl I'm hoping nobody will notice because those are some of my favorite shots!. I already know my great-aunts are going to analyze every little detail.

• Laura Marie
    VIP September 2015
    Laura Marie ·
    • Flag

I definitely noticed a double chin in a few. and that I didn't look as tiny in my photos in the stomach area as I thought I was..I also really want a nose job now.

I love the way I look, and I know I am WAY more critical of these photos than anyone else..but my nose is literally like WAY OUT THERE in some of the portrait ones.

@Alexis I cant tell at all! I have that under my arms and I call them my chicken nuggets :-\

• Jess
    Master May 2015
    Jess ·
    • Flag

I seriously cried when I got my e-pics back. I hated how l looked in them; I just sat there thinking, I look like a freaking COW. DH hated them too because he was over smiling or making weird faces in most of them. There were a couple of fantastic shots and I've come to focus on those and just appreciate the good photography in the others (ignoring how we look). I was just happy that it wasn't a humid day because I have naturally curly hair and if it would have frizzed up not only would it have looked terrible, but my extensions would have been really noticeable!

• Maggie
    Devoted November 2016
    Maggie ·
    • Flag

Whew. Thank goodness I am not the only one thinking these thoughts. I've been feeling particularly guilty about having these thoughts because I should be more focused on the "happier" aspects of wedding planning. But these got me thinking and it spiraled down from there! I'm going to post a screen shot of one of the better pictures from the session. Quality isn't great because it's just a screenshot of the gallery. Hopefully I can post some more later today.

• Maggie
    Devoted November 2016
    Maggie ·
    • Flag

And NatureGirl I completely agree! However those who know us in real life, as someone else stated, will be quick to point out every single thing. *cough cough my mother and sisters cough cough* Smiley winking

Comment on this discussion

Related articles