We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

jaycee
Super October 2011

The dress you thought you had to have. And the dress you are wearing/wore on your wedding day

jaycee, on May 11, 2011 at 9:12 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 62
Saved Save

I'm sure we all looked at bridal magazines as well as over 10000 dress websites before we actually we went out dress shopping. Show of the dress you found online or in a magazine you were in love with and couldn't wait to have..... and the dress you have found that you can't wait to wear on your big day/ the one you wore on your big day.

Here is mine. I fell in love with JSM1103 by Sottero & Midgley and I think it was even my screen saver on my laptop for a few weeks. I never did find this dress to try on Smiley sad

But I found the dress of my dreams which I can't wait to wear on October 1st.

It's Alfred Angelo's Disney Princess collection - the sleeping beauty style 203.

62 Comments

• jaycee
    Super October 2011
    jaycee ·
    • Flag

Sorry the pictures are in the wrong order. the first one is the one is the alfred angelo and the second one is the Sottero & Midgley

• Rosie
    Master June 2011
    Rosie ·
    • Flag

I actually had my dream dress saved on my computer before FH and I were engaged...Lindel by Maggie Sottero. I tried on around 100 gowns (it was torture) and couldn't find exactly what I wanted. Eventually, when clicking through the old wedding junk I had saved, I found a picture of Lindel and started calling salons looking for it. Drove 2 hours to try it on, and it was the one! So here's my dream dress/real dress combo Smiley smile

• Crystal S
    Super December 2014
    Crystal S ·
    • Flag

The first one is the one I will be wearing and the 2nd one is the one I just knew would be "the one"

• Shannon S.
    Master March 2011
    Shannon S. ·
    • Flag

I thought I was going to wear something tea-length and nontraditional...instead I went formal and classic.

• Panda Bride
    Master June 2011
    Panda Bride ·
    • Flag

I originally wanted Justin Alexanders 8186

I bought Alfred Angelos 2117

• Mrs Lilow
    VIP June 2011
    Mrs Lilow ·
    • Flag

This is sore subject for me right now. My alteration issues have me wishing I had gone with my first vision, a short semi-formal cocktail wedding dress like the first pic. I gave in to everyones stupid opinions and ended up with a full gown with a train, Natalia by Wtoo. Yeah, yeah I know I'll be happy about it 20 years.

• Sarah
    Expert July 2011
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

The first one is the one I thought I just "had to have." Then I realized I'd need a slip and the train would be dragging in the sand all night... um, no! The second is my dress, I love it!

• STB Mrs. Potts
    VIP September 2011
    STB Mrs. Potts ·
    • Flag

I originally wanted a dress like the link I am posting, and ended up getting something similar, but kind of completely different. lol.

http://www.helenebridal.com/Wedding-Dresses/WD0780/

This is what I ended up with =] and I love it

• L
    Dedicated September 2011
    Liz ·
    • Flag

I really loved the Mon Cheri dress, but then ended up with the Vera Wang White collection gown.

• JacobBride2B
    Super April 2012
    JacobBride2B ·
    • Flag

Well.... I liked this one when i tried it on.. But fell in love with this other one i found and bought online.. I don't have pics of me in it yet but here they are!

• betnjohn
    Super August 2011
    betnjohn ·
    • Flag

1st pic was my 1st choice till I went to one last bridal salon, where I found "my"dress 2nd/3rd pic....

• ~Samazing
    Super October 2011
    ~Samazing ·
    • Flag

I can't find the exact dress that I thought I wanted... but it looked very similar to this first pic.. and then the other two are me in the dress I bought

• Ashley
    Expert October 2011
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

Mine is a reverse story! I instantly loved the attached dress, but I loved the thought of only paying $100 for a dress more! Hahaha. So, I searched online for anything similar or cheaper and found several...but figured I'd just go into DB and try this dress on to get an idea of what size I needed. Heaven help me, because I forked over the cash and walked out with that dress!

• RachInCali
    Super August 2011
    RachInCali ·
    • Flag

BetnJohn- Your dress is absolutely gorgeous. Looks almost exactly like this dress I almost got but I got a different style.

Everyones dresses look nice. Smiley smile

• 2d Bride
    Champion October 2009
    2d Bride ·
    • Flag

Am I the only one here who never dreamed of her wedding dress? I actually figured I was going to wear some kind of evening dress or MOB dress. Only when NotFroofy found a gorgeous wedding dress did I get jealous enough to look for a wedding dress of my own.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2011
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

2d Bridge- I never did either. I didn't have a clue. In fact, I really didn't think I was going to buy a wedding dress at all. I had a whole hangup in my head about not having a wedding dress for a 2nd wedding. Then I tried this one on and fell in love with it.

• Future Mrs. S
    VIP July 2012
    Future Mrs. S ·
    • Flag

I always dreamed I was going to wear a ball gown, and that's what I'm going to have Smiley smile My dress is in the picture, and if it's not poofy enough for me when it gets here my mom and I are going to buy an additional crinoline for under it

• 2d Bride
    Champion October 2009
    2d Bride ·
    • Flag

@Jennifer B.: I loved the dresses we ended up with. They were not too blingy, and looked like they were intended to coordinate. But I certainly didn't spend a lot of time dreaming about them.

• <3 Mrs. Paige <3
    Devoted August 2011
    <3 Mrs. Paige <3 ·
    • Flag

The first pic is the one I thought I wanted until I tried it on. The second one is the dress I will be wearing it's more me.

• Mrs. Clark aka Mrs Awesomepants
    Master November 2011
    Mrs. Clark aka Mrs Awesomepants ·
    • Flag

2d Bride, I NEVER dreamed of dresses or weddings, didnt even want to get married after the drama with my sons dad, but FH changed it....anyways, I knew i wanted a-line from looking at prom dresses, knew i did not want poof or a big dress. i looked at DB online for like an hour, picked my top 6, well more so the one i loved, then 5 more, and the wedding gods put the one i loved on sale and it was perfect on me!

sorry but this is the best pic i could find of it

Comment on this discussion

Related articles