Honeybee
Super December 2017

The Best Wedding Ever

Honeybee, on September 24, 2016 at 12:17 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 26
Saved Save

When you think of the absolute best wedding you've ever been to, what made it stand out from the rest other than the standard things we all expect here on WW, such as open bar, etc?

26 Comments

• Julie
    Devoted March 2017
    Julie ·
    • Flag

The appetizers were plentiful and delicious during cocktail hour. Food was awesome, not standard banquet food. Open bar. Late night snacks. Basically the food.

• Crescent 1894
    VIP March 2016
    Crescent 1894 ·
    • Flag

If the couple makes sure that they host properly, it's a good wedding. I'm going to get offended if I don't get a chance to speak to the couple. That's what makes it for me. If I didn't get a chance to speak with the couple or the couple is rude, it's a bad wedding. I can forgive everything else.

ETA: the best wedding I've ever been to was my cousin's wedding. I was a bridesmaid, and we danced all night and I got to spend a lot of time with her and her husband.

• Mrs. RATR
    Master September 2016
    Mrs. RATR ·
    • Flag

Well, the best wedding I ever went to was mine!! Smiley smile It was a party atmosphere; a great DJ really makes for a fun night.

• Erin Wood
    Master July 2017
    Erin Wood ·
    • Flag

Best wedding I went to was some friends of mine. The wedding took place in a barn in Chico, CA on the hottest day ever! My friends and I were so hot we were all crowding into the walk in refrigerator. HaHa! The food wasn't great and they just had beer and wine but the love felt that day made it memorable and amazing.

• Sarah195
    Master October 2016
    Sarah195 ·
    • Flag

The best wedding I ever have been to was my cousins last year. It was fun because of the people who were there and because of all of the fun things we did throughout the whole 4 days we were there. It was non stop fun!

• L
    Devoted October 2016
    Leigh ·
    • Flag

Best wedding I've been to included a great DJ (guy played music that had everyone dancing, young and old) and good drinks. I don't remember the food being bad.

• Meaghan
    VIP April 2017
    Meaghan ·
    • Flag

I will remember a) if the couple made an effort to speak to me (for even a minute) sometime during the event and b) the food. I can forgive bad food, cash bar, or anything else not so great- but if I make the effort to witness your day, I want to able to talk to you at a receiving line or table visit.

• Honeybee
    Super December 2017
    Honeybee ·
    • Flag

These are great! Keep em coming :-)

• MoweryMe
    VIP April 2017
    MoweryMe ·
    • Flag

The bride wasn't a bridezilla. Kept her calm and laughed when she threw her back out ten minutes before start to the ceremony and didn't yell or cry at people when things didn't go as planned.

• Private_User832
    Master August 2017
    Private_User832 ·
    • Flag

The best wedding I've been to was oddly after a breakup. I had to cancel my RSVP for my then bf (luckily they hadn't put in their final numbers yet). I only knew the bride and groom basically and I thought I was actually not going to have a good time going into it because I wouldn't know anyone. The table I was at was so nice and it didn't matter I didn't know anyone, everyone got up and danced with each other and had an awesome time. It was a Greek style wedding and the cultural pieces were really interesting to see and the food was awesome

• Mrs. RATR
    Master September 2016
    Mrs. RATR ·
    • Flag

Still bummed I couldn't go to Spazzy's!!

• KM
    Master March 2015
    KM ·
    • Flag

I haven't been to many in my adult life, but I definitely think mine was the most fun...not the fanciest, but definitely fun. While most people have guests of all ages that they have to entertain (from young kids to elderly people), we did not. Everyone but our parents were between the age of 20 and 40, which made it a damn party.

• Alise
    Devoted November 2016
    Alise ·
    • Flag

Good food, good bar, great DJ.

• hearts
    Devoted October 2015
    hearts ·
    • Flag

Best wedding I have ever been to (besides my own obvs) skipped the garter and bouquet toss, kept speeches short, and didn't have an ending to the night. We just all partied as long as we wanted to!

• RiceAndRoses
    VIP October 2016
    RiceAndRoses ·
    • Flag

It's always the people that make it the best.

• Runawaybride
    VIP May 2017
    Runawaybride ·
    • Flag

Incredible music (my preference is a live band) and late night snacks/fun after party!

• Jackie
    Devoted November 2016
    Jackie ·
    • Flag

The best wedding we went to actually inspired our own. There were only about 80 people in attendance and the amount of food (and the quality) was AMAZING. 8 different passed apps for cocktail hour followed by a three course meal. It was just a simply well done wedding - great DJ, great people, great atmosphere.

• 2d Bride
    Champion October 2009
    2d Bride ·
    • Flag

Best wedding I've been at involved a bride so laid back about wedding mystique that when she managed to accidentally throw out her wedding dress, she just bought a white sundress for the occasion. The church where they had the wedding had no decoration at all., and they had not added anything to the existing decorations at the bed and breakfast where they held the reception The cake was home made, and not very well decorated.

But the couple was obviously in love. And they focused on properly hosting their guests. They invited the whole family, including aunts and uncles, so we got to catch up with people we hadn't seen in forever. They had a clam bake (including lobsters) and open bar at the reception. Several members of the wedding party and guests who were musically inclined held a big concert.

• mlw
    Master December 2016
    mlw ·
    • Flag

I have 2-

The first one was mine, my first wedding, in 1992. We were 18, and didn't have anything. We had it at my grandmother's house where all the family gatherings were. On a Sunday. My sister-in-law paid for my cake, I made my topper. My grandparents paid for the JOP to come out, and the 6' long sub, chips, dip, coke, and boxed wine. I wore my best friends sisters church dress, and borrowed my best friends bouquet she caught at a wedding. Our only decorations were some crepe paper, a large crepe bell, and a set of two smaller crepe bells, in our color: Peach. We got married in her burgundy colored livingroom, in front of the fireplace, with a Christmas tree in the background. I don't remember if we had a first dance. EVERYONE was the photographer... we had approximately 18 people there, with kids, and got rolls and rolls of double exposure film. My grandfather audio-recorded the ceremony. We smashed cake in each others faces in the yellow diningroom. Chowed down in the red kitchen. We played pool and got pretty buzzed on that boxed wine. Then we went out to our aqua 1973 Toyota/Honda wagon looking thing, covered in TP, condoms, and shoe polish and went to our studio apartment in Vegas for our wedding night. Yes, by WW standards- and most people's standards, it sounds like a HOT MESS!! But, I loved it. I loved the smallness of it, the intimacy, the people I most loved, nearest and dearest to my heart. There were no rules, not etiquette... but we had SO much fun!! It was a blast! I'd gladly give up my pretty dress, decorations and everything I've planned to go back to that time and place and do it all over again... with the right guy this time.

The second was a friend of mine in 2011. It was a dry wedding. She had it at a park, so no alcohol allowed. In Texas, in June. It was kind of an all day thing, 2 hours away. My (then) 17 yr old played "DJ". She ran late. There were kids EVERYWHERE. The cake melted. But the food was SUPERB!! Seiously, BEST brisket EVER!! Music was good. People kinda danced everywhere. Kids had a blast... they got rides on a gold cart up to the restrooms. Someone snuck in a vodka infused watermelon... it was pretty good Smiley smile But we had FUN!! Seriously, I had a blast with my kids and friends... left WAY too late, and it was a dark ride home. I guess that's when you know you had a good time... lol

I suppose the one thing I've learned in reading over page 1, and going over my contributions to the chat, it's people. It's the people that matter. It doesn't really matter what all goes wrong... bar or no bar, catered or store bought food trays, expensive dress or borrowed, bouquet or not... whether you drive, or do something small at home. It all comes down to ONE thing... the people we surround ourselves with. I hope you all, we all, experience that much love on our wedding days that nothing else matters.

• M
    Devoted September 2016
    Maggie ·
    • Flag

Not to be biased, but mine was the best wedding I've been to! Smiley smile the food was amazing, the DJ was awesome and everyone had a good time!Smiley smile

Comment on this discussion