Mandy
VIP May 2019

Thank You Note Question

Mandy, on April 25, 2019 at 2:22 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 17
Saved Save

I just had a surprise wedding shower at work! Yay! A few of the people went together on a few of the gifts - so, do I write each person a thank you note or do I give them one to "share"? I'm guessing one for each person, but I'm not sure what the proper way to do it is. Some of the stuff I got...Makes up for the 4 people only showing up to my actual wedding shower Smiley tongue

Ninja Air Fryer and CanistersThank You Note Question 1Pyrex!Thank You Note Question 2Our Cake - delishThank You Note Question 3Monogrammed towelsThank You Note Question 4Money/Gift Card treeThank You Note Question 5

17 Comments

• Christine
    Expert September 2020
    Christine
    • Flag

I'd write one note per person if it's feasible, but if there were like 10+ people contributing per gift, then maybe a thank you email to that group would be enough. Smiley smile

• Abby
    VIP March 2019
    Abby
    • Flag
    A thank you note to each person would be a lot more personal and probably more appreciated! 馃槉
  • Future Mrs. K
    VIP June 2019
    Future Mrs. K
    • Flag

So cute and fun! I would write a note for each person thanking them for the gifts even if more than one person went in on the same one.

• Sherrie
    Expert August 2019
    Sherrie
    • Flag
    If I was one of the people I'd definitely appreciate an individual note. It recognises each person that gave to you that way - because they each gave, just not separate small gifts.
    So happy for you!!
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey
    • Flag

I would do individual notes, it's more personal. Also you are going to love that air fryer, I got FH one for Christmas. It's awesome!

• Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle
    • Flag

That is awesome, congrats. Sorry to hear about your low attendance at your other shower. Mine is in 2 days, and I'm nervous. If it were me, I'd give them each their own thank you card.

• Kristin
    Devoted October 2020
    Kristin
    • Flag

Air fryers are the one the best inventions! We use ours ALL the time

• S
    Expert October 2019
    Sara
    • Flag
    Yayy air fryer! Lol, I鈥檇 say it would be better to write a note to each individual person. At my work when we鈥檝e thrown showers for people they usually send out a general 鈥渢hank you鈥 email to the entire group, but then again the gifts they鈥檝e given out at my work have been less extravagant.
  • Kiki
    Super May 2019
    Kiki
    • Flag

I wrote out individual ones per gift if 2 people went in on 1 gift I only gave 1 card.

• Cristy
    Rockstar May 2020
    Cristy
    • Flag

Wow! What a great surprise!! Congrats!

I would give each person their own Thank You note, even though some of them went in on a gift together.

• Formerbride
    VIP June 2019
    Formerbride
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I agree with Christine!

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD
    • Flag

I would write one thank you note per person!

• Ti'Anna
    Devoted October 2020
    Ti'Anna
    • Flag

Congratulations!!! Personally, I would write individual thank you notes.

• Alyssa
    Super September 2019
    Alyssa
    • Flag

I agree with most, an individual thank you to each person is probably best! Unless, as someone said, it was a group of like 7 to 10 people, than maybe just one letter! I think individual ones will be very appreciated!

• Laura
    Expert September 2019
    Laura
    • Flag

That's so sweet that your coworkers had a shower for you! I would write individual thank you notes to each person.

• Lexi
    Dedicated August 2020
    Lexi
    • Flag

That is so sweet of them to do! Smiley smile I'd do individual cards for each person!

• Annemarie
    Devoted October 2019
    Annemarie
    • Flag

You can always say "Thank you for contributing to my shower and gift" instead of specifically thanking each person for each item, since you may not know how they chipped in. But I would think an individual thank you to each person would be much appreciated by all.

Comment on this discussion