Justine
Devoted April 2016

Thailand Honeymoon

Justine, on December 30, 2015 at 12:15 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 10
Saved Save

Anybody planning on Thailand for their honeymoon or have been and have any advice?

Specifically places to stay along the central or eastern coast? We are going May 1 for 2 weeks.

10 Comments

• Justine
    Devoted April 2016
    Justine ·
    • Flag

You are amazing! Thank you Smiley smile

• br963
    Expert September 2016
    br963 ·
    • Flag

I won't be much help, but we are also starting to plan our honeymoon to Thailand and Cambodia!

• Bethie
    Master May 2016
    Bethie ·
    • Flag

JADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEY - where are you!?

Jade is planning her Thailand honeymoon, I'm not sure if really old threads actually revive to the first page if you comment on them so she may not see it. Hopefully she sees this post, she's great! Smiley smile

• MrsPlasters
    Super September 2015
    MrsPlasters ·
    • Flag

I used to spend quite a bit of time in Thailand. i think starting out in Bangkok and seeing all of the temples and palace is a good place to start. There is a fun night market too and there is also a huge market on the weekends- the Chatuchak market- that has EVERYTHING. It's fun to browse, eat, watch the people etc. I hauled an entire set of silverware home after a visit there.

From Bangkok you can catch a really inexpensive flight to any of the Islands, Phuket or Pattaya. I never buy my tickets for those flights until I get to Thailand because you will pay a bunch more if you do. I've been to Krabi, Koh Samuii, Koa Samai, Koh Phi Phi, all are beautiful. You can research them and see which fits what you are looking for. There are guest houses all over Thailand that are really inexpensive but nice and there are also 5 star resorts and hotels that are expensive.

It's also possible to get into Cambodia from Thailand for not too much and the temples at Angkor Wat are just incredible. You can actually get the visa at the border or airport.

Again, the best way to travel that area is by not really planning too much ahead of time, I've found. I always just buy my tickets over and back then kind of wing it the rest of the time, picking up inexpensive local flights inside asia. Let me know if you need any other help!

• br963
    Expert September 2016
    br963 ·
    • Flag

Wow thanks!! I'm a huge planner - so I may have to take a step back from my honeymoon planning, and just get a rough outline of what we want to do Smiley smile

I think picking which island(s) to go to will be the toughest part...

• br963
    Expert September 2016
    br963 ·
    • Flag

Edit - double post

• CareBear
    VIP March 2016
    CareBear ·
    • Flag

How much do flights to Thailand run ?

• Jade
    Master May 2016
    Jade ·
    • Flag

I'm here! Lol

We're going to Thailand for 2 weeks for our honeymoon from May 29th -June 12th. We're flying into Bangkok spending 3 nights in the city, then flying up to Chaing Mai for 4 nights then down to Phuket for the rest of our stay making day trips to the Phi Phi islands and Krabi. I did a ton of research and polled from friends who have recently been to Thailand and booked all of our hotels and flights (in Thailand) through Expedia. So far with no activities booked (because everyone says to book them their) our trip is totalling about $4k which is Amazing! All of our hotels are 4-5 stars and have private pools off the terrace! I have soo much research, let me know if you have any other questions I'm happy to share!

• N
    Just Said Yes November 2016
    n ·
    • Flag

HI ladies! So thankful for this thread. I too am in the starting points of planning a Thailand honeymoon. I plan to go November 8 -20. Jade I wanted to know if you could share some of your research. I am also leaving from NY and your total cost is great. How did you pick your hotels and what would estimate your activities cost to be if you don't mind. Just trying to see ho much this honeymoon would be in total. We are hoping to stay at 7k with everything, sightseeing, massages, excursions, food everything lol thanks again ladies!

• MelissaErin
    Master December 2016
    MelissaErin ·
    • Flag

Sorry to revive an old thread - if there is a way to direct message someone, let me know! I haven't found it yet. But we are looking at going to Thailand for 10-12 days in January for our honeymoon.. I would LOVE to know how Jade's trip was and details about where you stayed and stuff!

Comment on this discussion