M
Dedicated June 2018

Thailand Honeymoon

Melissa, on June 10, 2014 at 10:25 AM Posted in Honeymoon 0 9
Saved Save

Any on considering Thailand or has been to Thailand on their honeymoon? Recommendations?

9 Comments

• M
    Savvy September 2014
    M ·

We have our honeymoon booked for Puhket,Thailand in September but with the coup and all the military controversy we just don't know if its safe to go. Might have to change all my plans now.

• M
    Dedicated June 2018
    Melissa ·

Good point! We are getting married in October of 2015. Hopefully everything is better then. Where in Puhket were you planning on staying at?

• MelissaC
    Master January 2015
    MelissaC ·

I have no recommendations, but I had to post this: Apparently Melissa's and Thailand go together. We're not going there for our honeymoon, but my FH does want to take me there one day to meet his family. He's Thai/Vietnamese!

• Julia Elzie
    July 2019
    Julia Elzie ·

Hello!

I get regular updates from my travel industry contacts in Thailand almost daily, letting us know about the status of Thailand during this transition time. According to these people, on-site in Bangkok, it has been a fairly peaceful coup, and people are going about their daily business with no problems. I would suggest using an on-site tour company with head offices and local personnel if you go to Thailand with travel insurance. The on-site in-country companies monitor safety and security at all times and jump in and whisk clients to safety without hesitation or though of expense if problems arise. Tourism is a major industry in Thailand and first priority is to protect the tourists and a major industry.

Go to Thailand - book with an on-site supplier who will keep you safe, visit the major attractions (Bangkok, Chiang-Rai, Chiang-Mai, Phuket), buy travel insurance and enjoy yourself.

Best Regards,

Julia Elzie

Travel Consultant

Affiliated with MEI-Travel

http://www.mei-travel.com

E-mail: juliae@mei-travel.com

• Shannon
    Expert May 2014
    Shannon ·

I've been in Thailand on two occasions where there has been civil unrest and I don't think there is cause to be overly concerned. Most activity is centred around Bangkok, not in the south. We were delayed a couple of days when protesters took over Bangkok airport but if you're flying directly into Phuket there wouldn't be an issue. The recent curfews were a bit unusual, I doubt they will continue.

Not wanting to make light of the protests, but Thailand seems to have a coup every other year.

• M
    Dedicated June 2018
    Melissa ·

We are thinking of going to the Maldives.

http://conradhotels3.hilton.com/en/hotels/maldives/conrad-maldives-rangali-island-MLEHICI/gallery/index.html

• J
    Just Said Yes September 2015
    Jennifer ·

I'm getting married in September of 2015. My fiancé and I love tropical vacations and wanted to go somewhere where tropical but during that time of the year. A lot of places do t have the best weather. Any suggestions?

• Della
    VIP July 2015
    Della ·

Haven't been there yet, but have heard some great things about Mali Resort on Koh Lipe. We are also thinking of Thailand for our honeymoon. I've always wanted to go and Thai food is soooooo good!

• Michelle
    Dedicated October 2013
    Michelle ·

My Husband and I went to Thailand and Bali for our honeymoon for 3 weeks in December-January! We went to Koh Samui, Koh Phangnan, and Bangkok in Thailand and then went to Ubud, Amed, Kuta, and Seminyak in Bali. I recommend both! The islands in Thailand are spectacular! Absolutely beautiful! A lot of the unrest is Bangkok area. I would think you would be good if you travelled the islands.

Comment on this discussion