M
Beginner October 2018

Thailand from Atlanta

Mandie, on July 5, 2018 at 12:10 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 3
Saved Save

Hi everyone,

We want to plan our honeymoon for the last week of October/ first week of November in Thailand. Has anyone traveled there before? I'm open to any and all suggestions. The only flight we can get into the country is to Bangkok. From there I want to travel south to Phuket, stay in a resort for a while and go back north to another city. Flight home is out of Bangkok.

Please share any helpful hints and ideas for this beautiful country. If anyone knows a travel agent OTP northwest of Atlanta, cobb county, I would desperately appreciate their help!

Thank you!!!

3 Comments

• Chris
    Master February 2022
    Chris ·

Hey, Mandie! Thailand sounds like an amazing honeymoon destination!

While I haven't actually been there myself, I do have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to the country, so I thought I'd share this useful tips page:

Thailand TipsThailand from Atlanta 1

WeddingWire also has a great information page on Thailand Honeymoons that you might find helpful! There are tips, travel deals, and discussions from couples who have honeymooned there in the past!

Happy planning (and please come back to share photos)!

• R
    Just Said Yes October 2018
    Rachel ·

That's exactly the same time frame we're going! We are flying in and out of Bangkok. We're stay 11 days and are still working on our itinerary. Flights are super cheap to fly down to the islands. I'm still looking for a good itinerary to follow as well.

Also, I'm from Atlanta too!! I'm getting married the 19th

• FutureMrsS
    Expert October 2018
    FutureMrsS ·

I lived in Thailand for two months! Definitely have some bahts exchanged for you at a bank here in the US before you go, because the ATM will charge you a fee. Also it doesn't hurt to learn some phrases to ask people questions!

If you plan on visiting temples make sure your knees and shoulders are covered or they won't let you in and stay away from the monkeys! They are scary!!

Comment on this discussion