KristenMeowza
Master October 2014

Tell me about your worst bridesmaid

KristenMeowza, on September 8, 2014 at 2:39 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 58
Saved Save

To protect her identity, let's just call her "Bitchface." So, Bitchface is actually one of FH's friends, but I have grown to really like her as a person and she's a lot of fun, however she drops the ball on EVERYTHING. She didn't order her BM dress in time and I had to contact the shop to have them specially reserve a dress they had set aside for wholesale order. Then Bitchface actually MISSED my entire bridal shower! I asked her if she would be there and she said she would, but failed to mention to me that she got off work at 2pm when the shower started at 11:30. I told her don't bother coming, by the time she'd get there it would be over. Lastly, it has been like pulling teeth to get her to purchase shoes for the wedding. All I asked is everyone had yellow shoes (any price, any style) and I gave them a deadline of Sept. 1st. Everyone has their shoes except Bitchface! I texted her today and said if she doesn't have her shoes she can't walk in the wedding.

Who's your nightmare BM?

58 Comments

• Sammy
    VIP October 2014
    Sammy ·

All of them. We don't talk anymore. Now I have one perfect MOH. So much for cool bridal party pics...

• jenna_
    Master March 2015
    jenna_ ·

Luckily, i don't have one. lol. we purposefully chose a very small wedding party and excluded the flakes. (FH's brother and dad are his only groomsman and best man. he has one other brother he purposefully didn't ask to be in the wedding party because he's a total flake and didn't even pick up his tux for his other brother's wedding until the DAY OF the wedding.)

the only thing that's been stressful so far is my MOH can't be granted or even request time off from her work for next year until after january 1st. so, technically i won't even know if i'm gonna have an MOH until 2 months before my wedding. lol. but that's not her fault...

• LadyMonk
    Master September 2014
    LadyMonk ·

That is too bad about bitchface

I got pretty lucky. Mine are pretty mellow. The worst thing that happened was that they don't necessarily reply to my e-mails, but it's all good! I love my BM's. Sorry you're having so much trouble

• Kristen
    VIP May 2015
    Kristen ·

I dont have any stories yet but i am seriously predicting this exact scenario with one of my bridesmaids. she just had a baby and that baby is going to be every excuse. i cant order my dress yet i just had a baby. i cant afford this dress i just had a baby. i cant do this i cant do that. blah blah blah.

• Kristine
    Super October 2014
    Kristine ·

There's always one... Mine was a super close friend in high school, it's rapidly becoming apparent that she and I have grown into different people. Took her with me to gown shop, she had something nasty to say about ever dress I tried on, including The Precious. Bashed the jewelry I'm having custom made for the ladies for the day of, refuses to get her makeup done at the place where I made appointments done... I'm paying. She's had something judgmental to say about every member of the bridal party, to the point that she wants to lead one of the groomsmen on just to mess with him. He's in a super depression because he hasn't found his Ms. Right yet, and because of her callousness, FH despises her now.

Was pushing super hard for us to have the bachelorette party at her beach house on a specific weekend, when I said it wasn't really what I wanted to do and FSIL (MOH is on a dig in India, FSIL is really stepping up to the plate) got in touch with her to plan on a certain day, she said she had an obligation. Which is fine, if it weren't the clam chowder fest that she's attended for ten years in a row... It's scheduled the same weekend she was pushing for the bach party at her place. I'm deathly allergic to clams. *edit* She flat out said to me at some point "It's Chowder Fest, there are just some things that are too important to miss!"...

And FINALLY, when Mom put together the bridal shower, as MOH is overseas, FSIL is overwhelmed and other BM is seventeen, she RSVP'ed that she's coming. And never bothered to ask how she could help. Hell, I even offered to either pick up the catering tab or help strike the event post party! I'm probably being over critical, but I just don't have patience for her anymore.

• Mindy
    Devoted March 2015
    Mindy ·

I only have one. My Brothers Wife. Ugh!! Can't make it to anything, has a total attitude problem. If I didn't think my brothers feelings wouldn't be hurt, I would totally kick her out of my party. I was in their wedding and showed up to everything, and didn't have anything negative to say about HER day... problems lol it won't matter on the day so try to let it roll.

• Uber Dami
    Master October 2015
    Uber Dami ·

Only been planning the wedding for a month and already have one. All we've done so far is loosely discussed ideas, and she shot down every singe one....including my non white wedding dress and the hellraiser puzzle box cake my fh and i want. i showed her the door real quick and told her to go find someone elses wedding to be in hahah she's obviously not cut out for mine

• Kristen
    VIP May 2015
    Kristen ·

Sara officially wins! haha

• Koch Bride
    Master September 2014
    Koch Bride ·

Mine we will call AirHead.

AirHead seriously cannot get her head out of her ass for 15 minutes and think of anything else but herself. She is so indecisive and just bothers me for everything. She wants me to be a bridezilla and pick everything for her. Its 4 days before my wedding, don't text me and ask to find you a new hairstyle.

• KM
    Master March 2015
    KM ·

My worst is just terrible with her money. She just quit her job and hasn't paid me back for the bridesmaid dress I fronted the money for two months ago. She claims she's sent me a check in the mail...but that was a few days ago and I haven't seen it. So we will see.

• Mallory
    Savvy September 2014
    Mallory ·

Well one of them wanted a restraining order against the other but then decided she could wait until after the wedding was over. She has also made me a nervous wreck saying she doesn't know what time she'll make it on the wedding day cause apparently she has to work a few hours or she'll get fired cause she's already close to being pointed out.

• MelissaC
    Master January 2015
    MelissaC ·

LOL yours sounds like mine! Except there's two! Bitchface one and bitchface two have not ordered their dresses yet even though the deadline was a month ago. Bitchface one has thrown all the planning in everyone elses lap for my shower and bachelorette party, but at least she showed up to help set up for the shower. Bitchface two didn't even show up to the shower even though she said she would help my MOH and girls set up.

Bitchface one said she can't go to my bachelorette party, yet through all of this has said she wants to help me and be more than just a person that shows up to the wedding. Really? Too late!!! Even knowing she will skip my bachelorette party next month, she still skipped out when me and some of my girls went out after my shower. I'm pretty sure bitchface two will skip my bachelorette party, too, but that is perfectly fine. I'm now hoping that neither one gets their sh*t together by my wedding, and therefore, cannot stand with me. The only thing that will suck is that the gifts were $80/girl so that's like $160 wasted.

• Tracy
    VIP February 2015
    Tracy ·

The only problem I have is that my sister is going to be too pregnant to fly to Hawaii for our DW. At least she'll be at my hometown reception. It kind of sucks though.

• KristenMeowza
    Master October 2014
    KristenMeowza ·

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories! I know that despite our BM difficulties we will all have beautiful weddings. But still... it's a pain in the ass!

Seriously, if Bitchface doesn't get her stupid yellow shoes by end of this week, she's out. I haven't asked much of anyone and it's so frustrating dealing with this crap.

• Emmy
    Master January 2015
    Emmy ·

This thread makes me really sad, the women standing up with you should be your nearest and dearests. It seems like that gets forgotten sometimes here that these women also have lives, needs and responsibilities and unfortunately shoes rarely are what win out. They aren't party planners or props. Trust that you picked adults to spend your day with and they do know how to show up on time in a dress.

• KarenM
    Master November 2014
    KarenM ·

Emmy - I get that people are busy, but if you signed up to be in a wedding party, you should know that it comes with certain responsibilities and that means helping out the bride and making sure you have the proper ensemble for the day. If they're truly your BFFs, they'll make it happen. My MOH is a mother of two small children, she works and she's married, and she lives 200 miles away. She came down a few weekends ago just to help me finalize some details. She has also set aside time for me when I've gone to her house when we needed to go dress shopping. She's excited about my wedding in general, and promptly responds to emails and texts. That's all anyone is asking for. You don't have to help out with every DIY project, but you do have to set aside some time and money for things related to the wedding.

• ItsGoodToBeKing
    Master February 2014
    ItsGoodToBeKing ·

Drugs, man. just too much drugs. and that's all i have to say about that.

• Enya
    VIP July 2015
    Enya ·

I think especially if you're clear about deadlines and money up front, this... thing of just tra la la la ness should not be happening.

these horror stories and all the ones i had from working in a shop were a part of the reason we opted for one attendant each.

• Emmy
    Master January 2015
    Emmy ·

The only responsibility they have is getting the dress, wearing it and showing up for the wedding. The only one that needs to be helping out the bride is FH/FW. If they are excited, fantastic! If they want to support the bride, great! Can't afford/don't want to pay for/plan a shower or bachelorette party, wah-wah, that is their prerogative. However, If they show up the morning of the wedding without a dress, that is a problem bridesmaid. But won't be one for long, no dress=no bridesmaid.

• KristenMeowza
    Master October 2014
    KristenMeowza ·

In my case, no shoes + no dress = no bridesmaid. Dress was only $68. They can get their yellow shoes from a thrift store for all that I care. Really, it's not like I'm asking for blood here. Just get your outfit together and STFU.

Comment on this discussion