S
Master July 2014

**TEARS.....

Soon2beMrsLittle, on June 19, 2014 at 12:11 PM Posted in Married Life 0 34
Saved Save

Seeing all these wedding videos makes me wish I had planned this in the budget. but being so close to my wedding I dont think i will be able to find someone. Thanks Stacelynn for the website! but I dont have time to gather up that much money. I really feel bad now. To the up and coming brides and grooms, I think you should add a videographer. you wont feel bad like me!!! newho, keep the videos coming so I can watch them all!!

34 Comments

• E
    Master July 2015
    Emma ·
    • Flag

I want one, but FH doesn't. :/

• T-Rex
    Master August 2013
    T-Rex ·
    • Flag

We didn't get one, and I'm ok with it. Maybe I'll feel different in 10 years or so, but I don't miss it right now. I'm happy with photographs. I never look at old family videos.

• FutureMrsZottola
    Master July 2015
    FutureMrsZottola ·
    • Flag

I didn't give FI a choice.... Alzheimer's runs in his family and so for me, it was a must! I'm not taking any chances. I know we will get a lot of enjoyment out of it, as will our kids, grandkids, and family down the road!

• Samantha
    VIP August 2014
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

FH doesn't want one but I got one aside from the wedding budget just so I could have it...my sister regrets not getting one because it would have been nice to see my mother

• S
    Master July 2014
    Soon2beMrsLittle ·
    • Flag

They're awesome to look at! I would love to sit down with my grandkids and watch it. :-(

• Pamela Anne
    Super July 2014
    Pamela Anne ·
    • Flag

FH didn't want one at first, but I really wanted one. And then he found out his grandfather (and mine as well) will be too old to travel 15 hours to see our wedding with everyone else so we are having a video so that our grandparents will get to see the event as well.

• Emma
    Master October 2024
    Emma ·
    • Flag

I'm with EricaTx. I will have my uncle videotape the ceremony and first dance, but I doubt I would ever want to watch a long video of my wedding. The photos are enough.

• Jessica
    Super October 2014
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

I didnt have one for my first. and to be honest I never ever EVERlooked at the pictures after they came back. we look at old pictures all the time just usually not wedding ones from anyone (parents, grandparents) I only have a photographer because I found someone starting out and she was only $350 and gives me a ton of stuff!

• Jennifer
    Dedicated October 2014
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

Soon2Be... do it yourself! Set up a couple of stationary video cameras for the ceremony. Assign people close to you or people in your wedding party to get short 15-20 second cell phone clips of everyone getting ready. Do a selfie video of yourself talking to your hubs about how excited you are and have him do one for you. There are tons of step by step video editing programs out there that will help you put it all together. This is what we are doing. Smiley smile It would be production quality, but it will have the important pieces in it.

• MrsDean
    Master April 2015
    MrsDean ·
    • Flag

I agree with Dan T. DIY is not as nice as a professional videographer, but at least you can still capture some video. And with Windows Movie Maker and Mac iMovie, editing is super easy and you can put together some really nice videos! My only recommendation would be to use a tripod so your video won't be shaky. I have a pocket video camera and a tripod I use to film my group fitness classes. It's less than $200 at Target.

• Piecesofadream
    Master June 2014
    Piecesofadream ·
    • Flag

I have nothing to comment on this but....WOW! Your avatar change totally threw me off!

I usually read your posts, but completely skipped over this one because of the pic change. terrible I know..lol

• Katie
    Super June 2014
    Katie ·
    • Flag

You can always do it yourself! If there's a family member or friend that you trust, see if they would be willing to do it. It won't be professional and may be missing the cool editing tricks and whatnot, but at least you have something to look back on in the years to come!

• Theresa Beale
    Master November 2014
    Theresa Beale ·
    • Flag

Did you consider checking Craigslist? You may be able to find someone that is looking to start business and will give you a good price.

• S
    Master July 2014
    Soon2beMrsLittle ·
    • Flag

Jennifer I was thinking about doing that. FH's phone IS GREAT with pics and videos. I just have to scan through my wedding party and see who will not be standing up with us to record the important events and then Im sure fh knows of a app on his computer to do all the fun stuff.

@POAD yea my first pic was just of me but I changed it to this pic of fh celebrating after picking up our marriage license :-)

• Lizbeth
    Dedicated May 2015
    Lizbeth ·
    • Flag

@soon2bemrslittle: you should check out Weddingmix seriously! My sister used it for her wedding. The smallest package is $99 and it's worth it. Basically you download the app and you get your own personal app code and all of the guests at your wedding can film it on their smartphones and upload the footage to the app. You can also rent however many HD cameras that the company has and designate a few people to film your ceremony and then have a free for all for the reception. DON'T sacrifice a wedding video, my sister almost did too and she is literally SO happy that she used Weddingmix, I'm definitely using them for mine.

Seriously check it out it's the best alternative and it's cheap. LOL sorry I'm so enthusiastic about it i'm literally obsessed with this idea and it bums me out daily that I didn't think of it myself....

http://www.storymixmedia.com/weddingmix/how-it-works-weddingmix-wedding-video.html

• Lizbeth
    Dedicated May 2015
    Lizbeth ·
    • Flag

OH also with all the stuff you upload, the company professionally edits your video and puts it altogether. So they're basically saints.

• ELFie
    VIP August 2014
    ELFie ·
    • Flag

I don't have a videographer and I didn't budget for it. Therefore I have not watched any of the videos people are posting. Why yearn for something I'm not going to have?

I've already splurged on the photographer, so his amazing photos will have to do. None of my friends had a videographer and none seemed to miss it.

• HopeRebecca
    VIP October 2013
    HopeRebecca ·
    • Flag

We didn't have the budget for it either - FIL taped the ceremony which i LOVE because I don't remember it at all Smiley smile Only thing I remember is crying/sobbing through my vows haha.

• Shannon S.
    Master March 2011
    Shannon S. ·
    • Flag

We didn't have a hired videographer, but a friend who was a producer did one for us as a wedding gift. It was lovely, but I'll be honest - we watched it a few times, and then haven't really looked at it since. However, we look at our wedding photos every day (we had a bunch framed and hung in the foyer). I've asked around, and many couples flat-out admit they don't ever watch their videos.

• S
    Master July 2014
    Soon2beMrsLittle ·
    • Flag

Shannon, I can assume that a couple is going to watch their video over and over and over again everyday but Im sure they watch it 5 yrs down the road, 10 years down the road or whatever the point is you will always have it. which if I knew anything about wedding videography this is something I would have planned for but I didnt and now Im realizing that its something that I want. that is all. but the phone idea seems like it may work. so hopefully in my BAM I will have a video to share.

Comment on this discussion