Diana
Expert October 2012

Tats - Keep em or cover em?

Diana, on June 9, 2010 at 3:07 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 62
Saved Save

Okay, I have 6 tattoos but only 1 of them will be visible with my dress (unless I get more before the ceremony... and they are addictive). I have it, a mouse, between my shoulder blades. I plan on keeping him just the way he is but I'm wondering if anyone else has tats and if they will keep em or cover em. And if you cover them, why.

*Not judging in the least but just curious.

62 Comments

• ~Bride 8/28/10~
    Master August 2010
    ~Bride 8/28/10~ ·

I have 3 tattoos and probably 1 more by the wedding...lol! Only one is visable at the moment and I dont plan on covering it up! I love my tattoos no reason to hide them! :-)

• JessSquared
    Super July 2010
    JessSquared ·

I've got 8 of them myself and 2 will be visible the day of. One is an arm band and the other is on the front my shoulder - I'm letting them show the day of. They are part of what makes me beautiful and my FH loves them so why cover?

• Future Mrs
    Devoted February 2012
    Future Mrs ·

I have four and two will be visible for the wedding. I agree with Future Mrs. dont cover them up , theyre apart of you

• Bright Eyes
    Master August 2012
    Bright Eyes ·

I have one tattoo right now, but I'm planning on more. I'm not sure if it will be before or after the wedding. The one that I do have is on my foot, and I won't be covering that.

• DannieKay
    Super October 2010
    DannieKay ·

I have one and I will be covering it.

• MissGrimm
    Expert October 2010
    MissGrimm ·

I have been saving up to get my first one (Bats flying up my feet toward my ankle) and I want it done before the wedding. I think you can take some amzing pictures with them and make everything even more "you".. ya know? lol My inspiration for wanting my tat done before my wedding was this picture, but I want to be holding up my wedding gown for the picture : )

• Diana
    Expert October 2012
    Diana ·

Those bats are awesome!!!!!!! I love that!

• 5starz
    Master August 2012
    5starz ·

They are a part of me and add to my SEXY! No Cover!

• T&J
    VIP November 2010
    T&J ·

Keep them, Show them!

• Diana
    Expert October 2012
    Diana ·

I'm trying to save up for and arm piece but I may just have to get my smaller ones that I want first because it will take a while to finish the arm one.

• Megan
    Devoted July 2011
    Megan ·

This is something I have thought long and hard about. My FH family is very against tats, and my mother was not very happy with the placement of it when I got it 4 years ago for this very reason, but they know I have it and why. My tat is a Fire Falcon on my back. It means so much to me (I did convoys in Iraq and my call sign was Falcon 80b, and each point on the feather tip stands for my team, in the center is a Celtic sign of a female warrior in blue and white, and 4 of feathers tips r in red for my fallen brothers) You can kind of see it in this pic. So I'm going to keep it uncovered.

• Wicked Lizzie
    VIP September 2011
    Wicked Lizzie ·

I think its all personal preferrence I have 9 tattoos and most of them will show. One on my wrist i think i will cover with a bracelet only cause i want a on not because i dont want a tattoo showing there. one on my back is huge and will show and i dont mind. But i have one on my shoulder that hasnt been finished yet and im hoping to get a dress that some what covers it. Other wise the rest that are visable will show depending one how my hair is the one by my ear will show and the one on my neck. They are who i am so i dont mind most of them showing

• MissGrimm
    Expert October 2010
    MissGrimm ·

Thanks Diana : )

@Megan, If I were you I would wear that one very proudly on my wedding day! It sounds beautiful and means alot to you so why cover up something you are so proud of, you go girl! lol

• Diana
    Expert October 2012
    Diana ·

Megan, that is totally one to be proud of.

This is my little monster and he is just too cute to cover...

• GreenEyes61711
    Super June 2011
    GreenEyes61711 ·

I have 3 all of mine will be covered. Not intentionally but I have one on each ankle which my dress goes to the floor and one on my lower back aka tramp stamp. If any were to show I'd rather it be that one, it's in memory of my best friend who was killed when she was 19.

• GreenEyes61711
    Super June 2011
    GreenEyes61711 ·

Ok Seriously it won't post the pic of my tattoo!

• Kaitlin
    Dedicated July 2010
    Kaitlin ·

I have 3 tats, both of my feet and my right forearm. I love them and I got them for a reason they are part of me and I will not cover them up.

• Lavonne
    VIP December 2010
    Lavonne ·

@missgrim....wooh your choosing fun spot your your first!!! I have 8 tattoos and the one on my foot was the ...worst LOL

Granted the guy was apprentising and dug waay to deep but still it hurt ALOT and I have a high pain tollerance .. very high LOL

Im not trying to scare you by any means Im just letting you know its a very sensative spot.

On the topic though I was thinking about covering mine but I have a quarter on my right arm and it would not be worth covering it at all..only 3 of my tattoos will not be visible so there is no point in me covering them...it would be to much work and just to expensive to do so

• Lavonne
    VIP December 2010
    Lavonne ·

Thats my arm..not worth covering lol

• Charlotte
    Super June 2010
    Charlotte ·

I don't have any yet, but if I did and they were in visible spots, I'd let them hang out. One of my BMs has multitudes of them and they are part of who she is. Asking her to cover them would be like asking her to dye her hair.

Comment on this discussion