M
Savvy August 2018

Tanning

Micah, on February 27, 2018 at 1:23 AM Posted in Hair and Makeup 0 11
Saved Save
I have a question as you can see I am really white and I'm having a summer wedding and I was wondering if I should go and tan a couple times to get a little bit of a darker color to maybe Pop the dress off a little bit more what do you guys think.

Tanning 1

11 Comments

• Megan
    Expert June 2018
    Megan ·
    I think tanning beds cause skin cancer. Perhaps a decent spray tan?
  • M
    Savvy August 2018
    Micah ·
    If I do any kind of tanning it would be a spray tan because I am very claustrophobic I know the tanning bed Lids don't close all the way but I have anxiety and I think I would freak out in the tanning bed so if I did do tanning it would be a spray tan. I just wanted to know if I need to do it with my complexion with my dressing being white like it is might make the dress pop a little more.
  • KiwiDerbyBride
    Super May 2015
    KiwiDerbyBride ·

Try it now! Go for a spray tan and see if you like how it looks on you

• Steph N.
    Super October 2018
    Steph N. ·
    I am about as pasty as they come! When I was a teenager it made me really self conscious, but over the years I just stopped caring that I’m ghostly white.

If you really want to look tan though, I’d recommend doing a spray tan and trying it well before the wedding so you know how it works for you.

I’m glad to hear you don’t want to use a tanning bed! Melanoma is no joke.
  • lindseybee89
    Expert June 2018
    lindseybee89 ·
    Your skin is pretty pale so it may be too much to go sun tanning. Try spray tanning IF your honey moon is NOT beach related. You gonna be spotty if you go to the beach the week after you go spray tan
  • PrincessLawrence
    VIP June 2018
    PrincessLawrence ·
    I lay in a bed on a regular bases. You can get cancer from walking outside in the sun. Go lay in a bed a few times. Its so relaxing
  • Kristen328
    Super September 2018
    Kristen328 ·
    I say embrace your paleness 😊 there's nothing wrong with being fair skinned
  • Jess
    Dedicated February 2018
    Jess ·
    I am super pale too, it I don’t mind it. I would say spray tan. The beds are so bad for you, yes the sun is too but being contained in that little space and with you being so fair it would burn terribly
  • Anne
    Master April 2017
    Anne ·

I say rock the paleness! That's what I did

• Steph N.
    Super October 2018
    Steph N. ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Of course you can, but wearing sunscreen and avoiding tanning beds definitely minimizes your risk. My father died from skin cancer at the age of 43, so maybe I’m more sensitive to the dangers of the sun.

Personally I’d never risk my health for a tan.
  • A
    Savvy March 2018
    Amanda ·
    Do a trial spray tan and see if u like it, that's what i did and i actually loved it. I already scheduled another session for 2 days before my wedding!

Comment on this discussion