planningpartyof1
Super March 2017

Taking off around wedding?

planningpartyof1, on April 11, 2016 at 9:45 AM Posted in Planning 0 76
Saved Save

Did you guys take off work before your wedding to get some last minute things done? How many days did you take off for? My wedding is on a Friday and was considering just the day before but some are saying I should take off the entire week?

76 Comments

• FreshToDeathAng
    Master September 2016
    FreshToDeathAng ·
    • Flag

I'm taking the whole week off before but that's mostly because I am not local to my wedding (it's about 3 and a half hours away), so I wanted to have time to be there for last minute stuff at least a few days before. I have the vacation days, so I figured why not. I think if you are local 1 or 2 days off before seems reasonable to me! That gives you time for last minute errands, unexpected stuff, nail appointments or something.

• MrsA
    Master October 2015
    MrsA ·
    • Flag

My wedding was a Saturday and I took off Wed-Fri. I was plenty of time for what I needed to do.

• Almost a Mrs.
    VIP December 2016
    Almost a Mrs. ·
    • Flag

Also a Friday wedding and the plan right now is take off Wednesday-Monday. It really depends on how much is left to do. I have a lot of flexibility in my job and live an hour from my venue and family (and everything other than a Walmart) so I may take off Tuesday as well to get stuff together down here and head home on Wednesday or Thursday to finish everything up.

• FutureMrsCarlstad
    VIP November 2016
    FutureMrsCarlstad ·
    • Flag

I'm in the same boat! I only really wanted to take the day off before, but others have taken the full week off! I think I will end up taking 4 days off (three before and one after). Depends on what FH and I can afford at that time.

• Jersey
    Master November 2016
    Jersey ·
    • Flag

My wedding is on a Sunday. I'm taking off the Friday before.

I'm also taking off the Monday-Wednesday after for a mini-moon. I'm a teacher getting married during the school year, so I only have 4 personal days to use. Depending on FH's job, he might take Wed-Friday off to get the last minute stuff done since I can't take off. It really depends on how much needs to be done.

• MrsKristenS
    Master August 2016
    MrsKristenS ·
    • Flag

Because I only get 10 days of vacation right now, I'm only taking a half day Thursday and all of Friday off before my Saturday wedding. I'll be taking the entire week following off for our honeymoon.

I need to roll days over for a bug vacation next year, so I can't afford anything else. Thank god I rolled days over last year.

• Kimi
    Master August 2016
    Kimi ·
    • Flag

I'll have a week off, but only taking one day vacation, just the way my schedule works.

• LizzyC
    Master April 2016
    LizzyC ·
    • Flag

My wedding is this Friday, I'm working Monday and Tuesday only.

• twostep127
    Super June 2016
    twostep127 ·
    • Flag

I'm ending my work contract right before the wedding, but prior to that, I was planning on working remotely on Tuesday and Wednesday and taking Thursday and Friday off. The Monday before our wedding is Memorial Day.

• Beutivant
    Master May 2016
    Beutivant ·
    • Flag

I have two jobs right now. Assuming we can save all the money we need on time, my plan is to end one job a month before and take a leave of absence from my other job for the entire month of May. If having an entire month off before my wedding isn't motivation to work my ass off for the next 13 months, I am not sure what is.

• Cupcake
    Super July 2016
    Cupcake ·
    • Flag

Because I am a teacher we planned our wedding for a time of year when I am off anyway. However, FH is taking a week off because we are getting married in my hometown (across the country) and his mother won't fly so he is driving up with her.

• OG_MrsC
    VIP September 2016
    OG_MrsC ·
    • Flag

I'm taking off Wed-Fri for my Saturday wedding. I'm also taking off 2 weeks after the wedding for our honeymoon.

• Danid1987
    Expert June 2016
    Danid1987 ·
    • Flag

We took off June 8-12th which isn't a lot right now but once my Fiancé gets his vacation time in August we are going to take a longer vacation. And save up for it

• mrs.ford
    VIP August 2016
    mrs.ford ·
    • Flag

My wedding is on a Saturday and I am taking off Wed-Monday

• S&P
    Master January 2017
    S&P ·
    • Flag

I'm taking off the week before and the week after to hopefully take a honeymoon. Originally I was only going to take off Wednesday-Friday, but that Monday is New Years observed so we'll be closed and I'll have a ton of vacation time so I'm just going to take off the rest of the week.

• Caroline
    VIP September 2016
    Caroline ·
    • Flag

I am taking the whole week off prior to the wedding. It is about a 6-7 hour drive, so I haven't been down there much to do a lot in person. We have family coming in as early as the Monday before the wedding and making a whole family vacation out of it, so hopefully I will be able to find some time to get last minute details straight.

• lgretl
    Dedicated August 2016
    lgretl ·
    • Flag

I decided to take a week off. I assume I won't be able to be productive anyway.

• lulu1180
    Super June 2016
    lulu1180 ·
    • Flag

I am deciding what I want to do. I am debating between one day or two before the wedding (it's on a Saturday) but am taking the entire week off afterwards for the honeymoon.

• OGMary
    VIP October 2016
    OGMary ·
    • Flag

My wedding is also a Friday, I am taking off Wed and Thur before it. I have family coming into town, otherwise I'd probably only do Thursday.

• NativeBride
    Super October 2016
    NativeBride ·
    • Flag

My wedding is a Friday and my FH will be taking off the Wednesday-Friday off. I will be switching jobs around my wedding so I won't have to worry.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics