Happy In Hawaii
Master July 2015

Tahiti/Bora Bora/Moorea Honeymoon Video

Happy In Hawaii, on October 8, 2015 at 7:50 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 18
Saved Save

Hey guys! So I took some video on my honeymoon (okay a lot of video) which was a lot easier than taking pictures after the surgery on my thumb. I had a few hours of footage but I have trimmed it to a "highlights" video. It is nearly 20 minutes long which I don't expect anyone to fully watch all the way through, but if you feel like skipping through it (or are really bored) I figured I'd post it. I am by no means professional, there is some shaking (it was all hand held) and I don't really know how to edit video for like exposure and contrast and such. But I added music and fades between clips, etc. This is also for people that are maybe considering going here for a honeymoon or future trip.

And if you want to see me make a total fool of myself, go to 1:20 and you can watch me attempt to Tahitian dance haha!!

https://youtu.be/82s3BA5LOVI

Also...gotta love that I've gone through all our honeymoon video and we're still waiting on our wedding video!

Oh, watch in 1080p!!

18 Comments

• H
    Super February 2017
    Honey Badger ·

It's beautiful!! Looks like you had a wonderful time. Bora bora is my dream honeymoon!!

• Lottie
    Super August 2014
    Lottie ·

It's beautiful. I would love to go there sometime. I'd also love to go to Hawaii as well. You did really well attempting the dance. It looks like you had a wonderful time (expect for the thumb injury).

• ashley
    Master November 2015
    ashley ·

I love the tahitian dancing! you don't look like a fool you look like you were having a blast!

• Possum
    Master December 2015
    Possum ·

Yay!! Love it! Your pics from your honeymoon were what made me suggest bora bora to FH for our honeymoon. And that's where we are going!!

• Nicole
    VIP June 2017
    Nicole ·

So pretty!!! Glad you had such an amazing time!

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·

Thanks! @JClovesDM, that's awesome you're going to Bora Bora and that our pictures inspired you. You will have such an amazing time there!!!

Also if people are interested in a cool part, at 9:48 there is a series of men doing some fire twirling that looks really awesome!

• Nilou
    Super October 2015
    Nilou ·

Awesome! Thank you for sharing!

• Private User
    Expert September 2016
    Private User ·

I totally want to go! Did a travel agent help you plan your trip? I'm doing a bunch of research before we book.

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·

Thanks! @Ashley, I'm glad you don't think I look too much like a fool! I did have fun!

@sarcastibride, I used a travel agent through Tahiti.com and they booked all airfare, ferries, transfers to hotels, etc. We booked a few activities through them and did some our own. The concierge at the hotels were also extremely helpful in arranging activities. We got a guide book before going and studied it a lot. So I definitely recommend doing a lot of research. Since they don't do all-inclusives there it was good to look into things in advance.

@Nilou, are you going there sometime soon?? I knew you were planning on it but didn't know when you left. Since you just got married (CONGRATS!) then I was wondering when you'll be traveling! I can't wait to see your pictures too!!

• Nilou
    Super October 2015
    Nilou ·

Thank you! We are going November 8 for a week. We decided to wait because it was a little cheaper to go in November and everything I've heard said that even though it's technically "off season" there's no real off season. Which book did you get? I'm considering buying a book just because I don't want to miss anything while we're there. I've been looking online and on travel websites too.

• FutureMrsBrbr
    Master September 2016
    FutureMrsBrbr ·

Thank you so much for sharing! I have been so curious about Tahiti. It looks so beautiful! The over water bungalow looked idyllic.

• Nilou
    Super October 2015
    Nilou ·

We're also staying at the Intercontinental Moorea, for the fire show did you have to book that ahead of time? Did you exchange money before you left? I'm not sure if we should rely on cash or get traveler's checks or just use cards for everything. What did you do?

Also, I see in the video that your DH has his nice cameras was that cumbersome for him? I have a DSLR but I don't think I want to carry it around. We have a gopro and a point & shoot. For the videos that you took, what did you use? I'm not sure if we should rely solely on the gopro and p&s or if we should also bring our camcorder. I just don't think I want to carry all those things around with us all the time.

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·

Thanks @FutureMrsBrbr, it was amazing actually seeing them and being there!

@Nilou, awesome, let me know how the weather is when you go! Bora Bora was actually pretty rainy and grey even though it's supposedly their dry season. Moorea fortunately was much better. That's awesome you're staying at the Intercontinental, it was so beautiful and amazing!!

For the fire dancing show we just booked that the day of with the concierge, you just have to talk to them before like 3 pm or some time (I think they tell you when you check in) and it was really easy to get a table the day of.

We took cash with us and changed it at the airport. The airport is the worst place to exchange though for the rates they charge. If you can hold on to the money and then find a bank that is the best option I believe. But it was convenient at the airport. We did end up putting things on a credit card and luckily DH has a credit card with no foreign transaction fees. So check up on your credit cards to see if there are any fees before you go. Unfortunately my surgery was an unexpected cost so we ended up putting that on a credit card. We also purchased some black pearls there that we used the credit card for. I'm not sure really how traveler's checks work and was too lazy to look into it, so we didn't bother with that.

The book I got was: http://www.amazon.com/Moon-Tahiti-David-Stanley/dp/1598807382/ref=zg_bs_67690_1 It was really great and super useful!!

One thing we did that I recommend, through our package we got the breakfast buffet included. If you have that, what we did is we had like a to-go box that we packed up some pastries and fruit and cheeses and then put it in our in-room fridge then had that for lunch to save money since eating is expensive there. I wouldn't go to the buffet every day if you don't have it included because it is super expensive, but if you want to stretch your money, that worked pretty well for us most of the time.

DH did bring his DSLR...actually he brought 4 cameras, two DSLRs, a film camera, and an infrared camera. One of the main reasons for our trip was to do photography since that's our big hobby. I did some photography until I injured my thumb, then carrying a DSLR was too much so I stuck to doing video. But DH brought a huge backpack full of lenses and he made it around okay so if you just have like a small camera bag for a lens or two and the camera body it should be fine. The airline gave him a hard time about the weight of his camera bag...but it all worked out okay in the end. But he's used to doing big photo trips so it wasn't really a big deal. He was able to bring it on all the tours we did and such. On top of that we also had a point and shoot underwater camera and my video camera. It's all up to personal preference. I would definitely recommend something that can go underwater (so like the go pro), and then something that will take nice pictures, then if your DSLR has video capabilities you could just use that, or the go pro for video. I used a canon video camera (a nice small one) and I never found it cumbersome. Sorry I can't really give a lot of recommendations on how to consolidate since we just brought everything haha!

• Imtheone4Him
    Master September 2015
    Imtheone4Him ·

Nice moves, and the video was lovely. i enjoyed watching it.

• Jecca_1215
    Expert December 2017
    Jecca_1215 ·

Beautiful places! Goodjob on the dance, it was cute! Also, your husband is so adorable. Every time he noticed the camera was pointed at him he would just start laughing and smiling! You two remind me so much of my sister and this Chinese guy she dated. I wanted them to get married!

• Taylor
    Expert May 2016
    Taylor ·

Wow, where do I sign up! Seriously looks so beautiful and I'm sure it was a blast!

• MrsBuildaBear
    Expert August 2016
    MrsBuildaBear ·

What a great video. Looks like so much fun. Glad that you had a gorgeous time. Congratulations.

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·

Haha thanks about the moves @ImtheOne4Him, I guess I learned something at the Polynesian Cultural Center here in Hawaii. Also, DH got to dance at a different dinner show, he was also really good but too embarrassed to have me put his dance in the highlights. Boo!

@Jecca, I passed on the message to DH, he said thank you, that's so sweet! Yeah he is so cute in front of the camera, we have a fun time taking pictures and videos of each other! I'm sorry to hear the relationship with your sister didn't work out, I love my Chinese man!!

@Taylor and MrsBuildaBear, it really was a fun trip (minus the emergency surgery) and so beautiful. We both love doing photography so this was pretty much the most scenic place we could imagine. It was supposed to be a once-in-a-lifetime trip....except we're already planning to go back at some point!! So maybe not just once! Definitely go if you have the chance, it's worth every penny...and it definitely cost a lot of pennies!

Comment on this discussion