Sara
Super July 2019

Tacky or no?

Sara, on April 18, 2019 at 11:28 AM Posted in Planning 0 53
Saved Save

Is it tacky to put labels on the wedding invitations? I don't have the time to write them all out, nor do I have the funds to hire a calligrapher. ALSO, I don't have a printer available to print them onto the envelopes. I tried a test run with my Cricut, too, and got annoyed.

Please help LOL.

53 Comments

• Alyssa
    Super September 2019
    Alyssa

I don't think it's tacky! I think that you have to do what's best for you!

• Jessica
    Super June 2020
    Jessica Online

I don't think so. I am using labels for the return address and just hand writing the delivery address. Whatever works best, no one if really going to care.

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride
    I hope not! That鈥檚 what we did because we just ran out of time/money for other options. I figured nobody even keeps invites anyway and labels were much nicer than my messy handwriting. 馃お
  • Victoria
    VIP October 2018
    Victoria
    Not tacky, just not super formal. If your envelopes are colored then I'd recommend using a clear label. Ours were white so we just went with the white labels.

You can also feed the envelope itself through your printer if you have one.
  • Heather
    Expert April 2020
    Heather

I don't think it is tacky. I plan on putting labels on our save-the-dates and invitations instead of writing them.

• Sara
    Expert October 2019
    Sara

I think that's totally fine. You could probably get them printed at somewhere like Kinkos, Staples, etc. I'd bet they have templates you can input the addresses into, and you can probably do it all online and pick them up in-store.

• Allie
    Rockstar August 2019
    Allie Online

I had labels printed at Avery.com for my save the dates. It's no big deal.

• Heidi
    Savvy October 2019
    Heidi
    I don鈥檛 think it鈥檚 tacky. Someone on a different post said she ordered a custom stamp for her return address through Etsy and I thought that was a great idea so that鈥檚 what we鈥檙e doing. For the guests addresses I鈥檒l either hand write them or print them. Just personal preference.
  • Cristy
    Rockstar May 2020
    Cristy

Not tacky at all!! In fact, it may be what we end up doing as well. You can get clear labels, that don't show as much once you stick them. Just a little more elegant, and less like an office mailing label.

• Soon2Bmrsp
    VIP May 2019
    Soon2Bmrsp

I used a cursive font and a clear label, I didnt hire a caligrapher , didnt feel it was necessary

• Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura

Some people would say yes, but I don't think so at all! Better to be able to read the address then not be able to make it out because of tired penmanship!

• Gen
    Rockstar June 2019
    Gen

I used a label for our return address, but hand-wrote everyone else's addresses. Definitely did not have the patience to write out our return address 100 times lol. People don't keep envelopes anyway, honestly they probably barely look at them before opening and tossing it. Just do whatever works best for you!

• S
    Dedicated May 2020
    Sandy
    Calligraphy for envelopes is a newer trend that鈥檚 caught on over recent years. Labels were standard in the past and will do its job just as well. Like a previous post said, no one really keeps the invite after the wedding.
  • Melissa
    Rockstar September 2019
    Melissa
    Go with the labels. The envelope is the first thing to hit the garbage anyway
  • Mandy
    VIP May 2019
    Mandy

I used clear labels for the guests address and matching our invite design return address labels on the RSVP envelope.

• F
    Devoted June 2019
    F
    As long as they are neatly done, they aren鈥檛 tacky! Take the stress out of mailing invites!
  • Monica
    Devoted July 2020
    Monica
    I can鈥檛 imagine any scenario in which it matters how the labels are done. I鈥檇 actually question those that are handwritten, like who really has time to write all those?
  • Sherry
    VIP September 2019
    Sherry Online

It's not tacky. You can do it however it works for you.

• Kristin
    Devoted September 2020
    Kristin

Not at all! I have the worst hand writing so either FH will be writing out the addresses or we'll use labels.

• L
    Just Said Yes June 2019
    Leah
    I agree, I was not about to write all of these out! Plus my handwriting isn't great. I went through an Etsy shop and had her use clear address labels -they worked great! Not too expensive either

Comment on this discussion