B
Just Said Yes August 2018

Tables behind the sweetheart table

Blanca, on January 2, 2018 at 2:28 PM Posted in Planning 0 11
Saved Save
Would It be weird to have guest tables behind our sweetheart table?
I am planning out the table arrangement for the venue and it’s pretty tight. I have about 3 tables left in an awkward position, so I was Wondering if I could place them behind our sweetheart table?
There is a second section to the venue that we can rent out but I would rather not dish out all that extra money for 3 tables.

what do you all think?

11 Comments

• Dia
    Beginner June 2018
    Dia ·
    • Flag
    If you want to save money then that should work.. Would your sweetheart table be facing the guest?
  • Miaaa
    Super January 2018
    Miaaa ·
    • Flag

I went to a wedding recently where some guest tables weren't directly behind the sweetheart table but more like flanked them. I wasn't sitting at those tables, but I didn't hear anyone complaining either.

• B
    Blanca ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It would be facing all the guests except the ones behind us
  • B
    Blanca ·
    • Flag
    And maybe have tables in front of us?
  • Sunshine
    Super January 2019
    Sunshine ·
    • Flag

I would have felt super weird at my reception with people sitting behind me. All the guest tables were in front or to the sides of our sweetheart table.

• Mrs. Fall Bride
    Master October 2016
    Mrs. Fall Bride ·
    • Flag

No, I think it's extremely rude to have your back to your guests like that. I'd feel like a second-class citizen sitting behind you. Find a different way to arrange all your tables so they all fit in the same area.

• Kelsey Brielle
    Super June 2022
    Kelsey Brielle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Completely agree. They are your guest and you are thanking them for coming to your ceremony. Don't thank them by making them look at your back all night. I know if it was me at a table where they bride and groom had their back to me, I would feel like I had been brushed off as a guest and just thrown at the forgotten table or something.

• JerseyGirl
    Master May 2017
    JerseyGirl ·
    • Flag
    Defintiely would find it rude. Can you move your sweetheart table back close to a wall and have those tables in front of you?
  • kbrands
    Super December 2018
    kbrands ·
    • Flag

I personally would not want people sitting behind me. If you don't mind, then go for it.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics