We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Rachel
Savvy October 2019

Strapless dress

Rachel, on January 30, 2019 at 4:38 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 8
Saved Save
I’m wondering if I should get straps added to my dress...I’ve got big boobs and my dress has a corset back.. I don’t want to be pulling my dress up all night.

8 Comments

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag

This is a matter of personal preference and how comfortable you are with your cleavage and wearing strapless dresses/tops. I am a 38 DD. For my first wedding, I wore a strapless dress with a corset back. It kept me in place so you probably won't have to worry about pulling your dress up all night. However, there was a lot of cleavage and when I bent down to hug someone, a lot of boob in their face. I really wasn't a fan. So, this time around, the very first thing I decided was not only was I having my dress custom made, but I was having it made so I could wear a comfortable bra with it. No strapless bra, no corset, but a bra I could wear every day. They designed my dress around that concept and I was sooooo comfortable all day and night!

1st wedding - strapless dressStrapless dress 1

2nd wedding - comfortable dress with normal braStrapless dress 2

• Crisa
    Expert January 2020
    Crisa ·
    • Flag
    When I first started wedding dress shopping the first thing I decided was no strapless! I feel the same way you do I dont want to be pulling the dress up all night.
  • Tina
    VIP March 2020
    Tina ·
    • Flag

The dress should be fitted to you perfectly and thus keeping you in and the dress up. If you think you would be uncomfortable then add the straps. What you dont want to be is self conscious on your big day!

• Sarah
    Devoted May 2019
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

You could have them add in an illusion neck/straps. That way it won't take away from the overall look, but they'll give you more support.

• Mrs. S
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    I’m small but I still wanted straps added for support and to balance the dress out
  • ap2al
    VIP October 2018
    ap2al ·
    • Flag

I am a 32DD and wore a strapless dress with corset top. Let me tell you, my dress did not move at all! At first, I thought I would be worried and constantly pulling it up but I didn't do that once. It held me in.

But you need to do what feels comfortable for you! Smiley smile

• Casey
    Devoted October 2019
    Casey ·
    • Flag
    I love the look of strapless on the wedding dress models but I’m worried it will cause my underarm flab to hang over

Strapless dress 3
  • Kat
    Devoted June 2019
    Kat ·
    • Flag
    I first wanted a strapless dress, but then switched it because of the same thing. The last thing I need, is to be worried about the dress and having to pull it.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles