heidi
VIP October 2014

Still don't know what to do with my hair. *pics*

heidi, on September 15, 2014 at 3:21 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 16
Saved Save

Below is my hair as it naturally is - after I get out of the shower and let it air dry. At first, I thought I wanted it curled for the wedding, so I put it up in curlers to get tight ringlets. I didn't like it, and FH said he liked my natural curls better. I have to agree him, but I have no idea what to DO with them. I always wear my hair down, and I don't like the look of it up. I could maybe do a half up. But I haven't really liked anything I experimented with.

Any ideas? I'm thinking if nothing else, I'd like to define the natural curls more, but I don't know how to do that either.

16 Comments

• Kelsey
    Expert August 2015
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag
  • heidi
    VIP October 2014
    heidi ·
    • Flag

Haven't tried that. That could be interesting...

• heidi
    VIP October 2014
    heidi ·
    • Flag

Lol. Taylor Swift's hair makes me so jealous. I'm always like, "How do you make it DO that?" Her curls always look fantastic. Mine are little fizz twirls.

• Mrs.Matthews
    Master January 2015
    Mrs.Matthews ·
    • Flag

Your hair looks exactly like mine does naturally!!!My stylist curled my hair it basically just made my curls bigger but I loved the big curls as oppose to my natural smaller ones

• Ashley
    VIP April 2015
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

Your curls are nice, too! Mine get crazy and frizzy and nowhere near anything I could ever actually wear natural. I think if you could find a good product it would do the trick. I just don't have any suggestions on products - maybe one of our stylist ladies could help.

• rusticbride
    Master May 2014
    rusticbride ·
    • Flag

I love that T. Swift side pony. I think a side pony of some kind would look awesome on you also!

• heidi
    VIP October 2014
    heidi ·
    • Flag

I am liking the side swept look. *FutureMrsW photo*

• LadyMonk
    Master September 2014
    LadyMonk ·
    • Flag

Taylor swift DOES look amazing! I'm also jealous of her.

Try smoothing oil for your hair - it should help with the frizz. Then maybe do a half-updo? (pull the top part back and pin it, or pin to the side.

• DisneyNut
    Master October 2014
    DisneyNut ·
    • Flag

You hair is much like mine only longer. The side sweep is a great option for you. I'm doing a half up and more enhanced curls for mine.

• heidi
    VIP October 2014
    heidi ·
    • Flag

That's for all the help. I'll have to experiment with the side sweep and see how it comes out.

• Karen
    Super October 2014
    Karen ·
    • Flag

After you wash your hair put in a smoothing serum and break up the curls with your fingers. Then twirl sections of curls in your fingers. Let it air dry and then separate it with your fingers. The biggest thing is to not brush your hair. While I don't have curls my hair is wavy and gets really frizzy.

Then you could easily pull it into the side pony and leave some loose tendrils around your face.

• bina1015
    VIP October 2015
    bina1015 ·
    • Flag

How about these:

• Finally mrs.jkr
    Master May 2020
    Finally mrs.jkr ·
    • Flag

With those curls (if you wanted it kind of up, but down) you could pull of the whole phantom of the opera christine's first opera look.... but I really like the side swept too

• Hailey
    Super October 2014
    Hailey ·
    • Flag

So, I couldn't find my usual product one time and somehow decided to buy Clear Ice gel, and my hair loves it (okay, I love it...)! It's in the section for "ethnic hair," but I'm just telling you that so you can find it. I helps control my frizz like nothing else I've tried, yet it leaves my hair soft -- not crunchy and weird like most gels. You need something else for hold when styling, but I really recommend it!

• B-2-Z
    Super February 2015
    B-2-Z ·
    • Flag

I have curls just like yours. My favorite thing to use is "Moroccan Oil." I wash my hair, scrunch some of that through it and air dry. Works like a charm!

http://myroyaltyhair.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Moroccanoil-Treatment.jpg

• heidi
    VIP October 2014
    heidi ·
    • Flag

I think I've seen that Moroccan Oil somewhere. Will have to try!

Comment on this discussion